Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem w/ Windoze XP

Page: 1 of 1
 Adam Baker
01-21-2003, 5:18 PM
Ok, Im having a problem when I play RG 3D w/ Windoze XP. THe game seems to be very unstable. It crashes on me quite a bit. All it takes to crash the game, is to click a button on the mouse, or joystick, or hit a button the keyboard. But it only does this while in a loading sequence, such as when the game is loading, or between when you select your vehicle for a particular mission.

I have already dl'd one patch, that seemed to help to start out w/, before I got that, it wouldnt play at all. Im just wondering if there is a more up to date patch, or something else that i need to get, in order to make the game work properly. I love the game, and its a blast to play, so needless to say, its pretty frustrating to have to work around the constant crashing so I can play it.
 LukA_YJK
01-24-2003, 10:53 PM
You can look at www.LucasArts.com) for patches, but as far as I know there is not any new patch long since...
 JediFather
03-13-2003, 12:54 PM
I ran into this last night while training my 5 year old son and found a workaround. Locate the application icon in Windows Explorer, right click on it and select properties. Then go to advanced. Find the tab that allows you to run the program in 640x480 mode. Apply the settings and click ok. Now the program should run fine.
 Jedi Skywalker
03-29-2003, 1:53 PM
Maybe the problem is which Windows you've got on your comp. There are certain games who want play under Windows 2000 or XP, maybe you can play the game but it's unstable because of that.
 StarWarsPhreak
03-29-2003, 4:12 PM
Find the exe file for the game,

Right Click > Properties > Compatibility Tab > put a check in the box next to "Run Program in Compatibility mode for" > and select Windows 98 or whatever.

It solves some of my compatibilty issues. Especially with Homeworld it did.
Page: 1 of 1