Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem with file: Occupation (from the author)

Page: 1 of 1
 Kengo
01-20-2003, 5:54 PM
I'm just posting here to try to sort out a problem with a file I sent you a few weeks back. I have tried PMing and emailing some of the file posters, but I think that may be going down the wrong channels. If posting here isn't really appropriate, then I appologise.

I sent you Occupation originally about 3 weeks ago, and you put it up real fast, within a few days. It's a bit ironic as the longer it took you to post that file up, the better it would have been...a few days later I noticed problems, big problems with it, like Kyle being invisible (it's a long story as to why this didn't occur in the beta testing I did). I worked on a fixed version straight away and sent it to you a little over 2 weeks ago with an added bit asking you to replace the original file of Occupation with the one I had sent (OccupationV2) as soon as you could.

I know you guys have a pretty thankless task as I'm sure you get complained at all the time for not posting quick enough for people's liking, and rarely thanked for what you do, which is what keeps the whole thing going. I wouldn't normally want to ask for any speciail treatment with files I send or anything, it's only fair for them to be dealt with as they come in. Just in the case of this file, I see that over 2500 people have downloaded the file, which is very large, and won't work properly. When I originally sent OccupationV2 it was below 1000.

I realise I have caused this problem in the first place, if I had noticed the problems in the original version before I submitted it there wouldn;t have been a problem. Now it's too late for me to do anything about that sadly, so I'm just trying to minimise the damage....if there is a big problem with the server or time/resources with posting files up, could you just stop Occupation (the first version) from being downloadable, remove it from the file list, until you can replace it with OccupationV2?

As a side note, if you are looking for more file posters, I'd be happy to have a go...although all I have is ISDN it is just sitting her unused a fair bit. Anyway, please don't be annoyed by this, I really appreciate all the work you guys do and I realise the problem with the file is basically my fault.

Kengo
 Kengo
02-11-2003, 12:40 PM
It's now over 4000 downloads :eek:

Please could you take the file Occupation down, this is a request from the author.

Putting the working version up is an extra, but please, please could ya take the original version down so no one else downloads it and complains to me about the problems
 Kengo
02-16-2003, 12:38 PM
Do-be-do.....
 Kengo
02-16-2003, 12:50 PM
I guess posting the location may help, although the file is the last SP map to be uploaded.

OK, so the file here http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=1095)

I, the author of that file, would like you to take the file down as soon as you can please. Some acknowledgement that anyone on the staff has read this would keep me quiet for a good few weeks in itself.
 ZBomber
02-21-2003, 12:34 PM
PM an admin with your problem. :)
It doesn't seem like the File Posters are Awake. They haven't added anything for awhile. Maybe an admin can wake them up:
matt-windu
Boba Rhett
Metallus
They are around alot, so they should respond to your PM fast.
Good Luck. :)
-ZBomber
 Kengo
02-21-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
PM an admin with your problem. :)
It doesn't seem like the File Posters are Awake. They haven't added anything for awhile. Maybe an admin can wake them up:
matt-windu
Boba Rhett
Metallus
They are around alot, so they should respond to your PM fast.
Good Luck. :)
-ZBomber

Thanks for the help man :) I'm pretty sure I've already PMed and emailed some admins, and what's the point having a feedback section if no one checks it? I'm guessing there is a problem with the file server and it isn't down to no one getting around to posting file, but that's just a guess. I'll try PMing those admins like you suggest, thanks again.
Page: 1 of 1