Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favorite EU game of all time...

Page: 1 of 1
 boinga1
01-19-2003, 9:31 PM
Well, i've seen nothing but books in this forum. Let's get a little variety! Mine's JKII Jedi Outcast.
 Tie Guy
01-19-2003, 9:37 PM
Hmmm....this is tough. I must say that TIE Fighter and X-wing Alliance are very high up there, but then again, so is JO.
 Katarn07
01-19-2003, 10:01 PM
JO is no good, unless you know the entire series! Of course, gameplay for it isn't much fun if you're used to the previous titles.

I'd say the Dark Forces/ Jedi Knight Series. Kyle Katarn rules.

Then I'd say XWA. To bad they ended the whole thing terribly.

"Let's go after our uncle!" --- Emon

"OK" --- Ace

"Wth? Now we're Lando Calrissian!" --- Aeron

*shrugs* "Who cares, we get to fly the Falcon! Like that helps the game any..." --- Ace
 Keiran Halcyon
01-20-2003, 3:31 PM
Well Jedi Outcast looks good and i am eager to play it.

I really liked XWA and Misteries of the Sith.

And of course, Rogue Squadron :)
 Rogue15
01-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Shadows of the Empire. I played that game to death on my n64, but...there is another....better...more powerful game.....

ROGUE SQUADRON!!!!!!!!!!!!! I played that game so many times on the n64, then I got it for my 16th birthday and beat it some more! Moff Seerdon was so cool...
 Boba Rhett
01-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Jedi Knight. :)
 Skinkie
01-22-2003, 9:58 PM
Rogue Sqaudron is by far my favorite, but I just got Jedi Outcast a few weeks ago, and have become really addicted to it as well.
 JediNyt
01-25-2003, 2:15 PM
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.
 Rogue15
01-26-2003, 9:42 AM
for pc:

Galactic Battlegrounds, Force Commander, Mysteries of the Sith, and Rebellion!

i can't decide, it's impossible! AAHHH!1111
 Darth Talliusc
01-26-2003, 12:22 PM
tie between Tiefighter and Rebellion. though bounty hunter is a close second and clone wars is great for after you stumble in drunk and want mindless destruction with cool fire graphics.
 swphreak
01-28-2003, 2:29 PM
Bounty Hunter for Gamecube. Jetpack r00lz.
 Pnut_Man
01-28-2003, 3:46 PM
Star Wars Rebellion was my first EU game next to TIE FIGHTER. I found Rebellion to be the most compelling and exciting game of my collection. My greatest moments were training Leia in the art of the jedi and having her confront Vader; oh sweet sweet memories..
 Ecks_Gecar
01-28-2003, 7:32 PM
Bounty Hunter for Gamecube

Ouch it hurts to see StarWars spoiled slightly by being put on gamecube.

8 (
 Ecks_Gecar
01-28-2003, 7:34 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............tough question hmmmmmm...............I don't really know......Maybe StarWars Star Fighter for PS2

By the way to continue my previous post

PS2 OwNs GaMeCuBe FyI
 Darth Talliusc
01-29-2003, 12:00 AM
please do not start arguements about consoles, i know you probably didnt intend to anger anybody and your post was in no way a flame, but stick around a while and you will see that ppl on these forums take their consoles very seriously and some will pick a fight at the drop of a hat. i prefer gamecube but thats just me. next time say its your opinion please.

i never played starfighter, didnt hear much hype about it so i never really looked into it. maybe ill go rent that tomorrow.

anybody else here hoping they make a rebellion 2? with ACTUALLY DECENT graphics and good action?
 Ecks_Gecar
01-29-2003, 6:49 AM
I;m not shooting for an arguement.
 Rogue15
01-29-2003, 7:59 AM
hehehe, xbox>ps2+gamecube

;)

Starfighter is a cool game. I'm waiting patiently for Knights of the Old Republic. That is going to be the mother of all expanded universe games! :)
 Rogue Nine
01-29-2003, 11:19 AM
TIE Fighter. Nothing can beat that game in terms of space combat simulation is my book.
 Rogue15
01-29-2003, 11:28 AM
I like totally forgot about TIE Fighter!!!

ahhhhh the memories...that game made you feel like you were part of the empire. the later missions ended up too hard for me though, so i'm on battle 13 mission something. AND THE MUSIC!!! it was so good!
 leXX
01-29-2003, 1:28 PM
I'd have to say JK2.
 Wraith 8
01-29-2003, 2:51 PM
Star Wars galaxies :p
ok ok i know it isnt out yet :p

X-wing alliance
 Khier
01-29-2003, 9:33 PM
Jedi Knight 2 :), I really do have to say I really like this game and it has so much potential if only Raven would release the SP source and/or animation file/s :mad:
 Ratmjedi
01-29-2003, 11:11 PM
I would have to say that my favorites are Shadows of the Empire. It is pretty cool and you get to pilot vehicles as well and shoot. I also liked the story alot and I love to play it.

I also like the original Dark Forces. It is a really cool game. I first was introduced to it on PS and then I played it on PC. I just hate the fact that I can't get the sound to work.

:duel: :lsduel:
 Taos
01-30-2003, 12:22 AM
Rogue Squadron and Jedi Outcast are my current favorites. However, they will be replaced by Knights of the Old Republic here in a couple months. :D
 leXX
01-30-2003, 4:52 AM
Yeah baby Yeah!!! :D
 AgentSmith
01-30-2003, 6:01 AM
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
 Ben_Walker
04-18-2003, 2:20 AM
My top five favorite games.

I. Jedi Knight: Dark Forces [a true classic with a cool bunch of Dark Jedi]
II. Bounty Hunter [Original storyline that intertwines with a Dark Horse comic series]
III. Dark Forces [Dark Troopers are cool... KATARN IS COOLEST]
IV. Jedi Starfighter [I just love that starfighter]
V. Clone Wars [fun if you want to blow a bunch of stuff up]
 leXX
04-18-2003, 11:52 AM
I just got Jedi Starfighter for xbox a couple of days ago. It's much better than I expected it to be. It's a great game!
 ckcsaber
04-18-2003, 12:49 PM
My favorite EU game is proabaly X-Wing : Alliance, or Dark Forces : Jedi Knight
 darthfergie
04-19-2003, 12:29 AM
umm...hmmm...

1) SW: Rebellion (EU + Trilogy)
2) SW: Rogue Squadron (N64)
3) SW: X-Wing v. TIE Fighter (only one I own of the series)
 swphreak
04-19-2003, 10:02 AM
I want to add Kotor. Even tho I won't get it for a while after SWG, I'm still going to get it.

PLus, I don't really think SWG is EU. It takes place during the OT.

at least Gamecube has a couple of good games compared to the hundreds of crappy games for PS2
 Random
04-19-2003, 8:21 PM
Looks like everyone loved Tie Fighter. I cut my teeth with the orriginal X-Wing, so have fond memories. Shield manipulation, fine tuning your power between engines, shields, and lasers. And when you rushed headlong into a stardestroyer, accomplished your mission, just turn around and punch the hyperdrive and leave them in your space dust.

What made it even more fun was having my old dos Thrustmaster Flight Control System. An F16 style stick with an analog throttle covered in buttons. That and a SoundBlaster compatable sound card with a splitter in my sterio speakers making the first 4 speaker suround sound experience. Felt like I was really there.

Of corse I liked Tie Fighter too. Jedi Knight 1 and 2 were great games, I loved the level design and the boss/dark jedi duels. Waiting for SWG, KOTOR, and JK3: JA.
 benTantilles
04-23-2003, 11:01 AM
IMO, xwa's the best, with jkII a close second. i didn't like the lack of a rudder (yaw) function in x-wing...i was raised with an addiction to flight sims....so i came to view the rudder as an integral part of flying-especially dogfighting. does TIE fighter have a rudder function?
 SettingShadow
04-25-2003, 6:07 AM
I. Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 (bought it some weeks ago and played it like mad, wow, what a great game.. I especially liked they had actors in the cutscenes)

II. Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (MP rocks.. SP story sucks.. not much more to tell..)

III. Dark Forces (bah, I cant beat the level when you must rescue Crix Madine, got to his floor though)

IV. Rouge Squadron / Rouge Squadron II for gamecube (I think theyre both great, and I'm stuck on level 13 in Rouge and level 5 in Rouge II :D I like hard games)

V. Rebel Assault 2 (my brother borrowed it from a friend years ago and I found it really fun, mm, beat it all over again a couple of times)

VI. Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith (on level 2.. cant.. beat.. it :p dunno why I dont like it very much... propably cause Kyle's voice sounds like Luke :rolleyes: it propably wil go up the list as I get farther into the game )

well, thats all Star Wars games I ever played..
 Random
04-25-2003, 9:18 PM
Originally posted by Squater

VI. Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith (on level 2.. cant.. beat.. it :p dunno why I dont like it very much... propably cause Kyle's voice sounds like Luke :rolleyes: it propably wil go up the list as I get farther into the game )

well, thats all Star Wars games I ever played..

Is that the level in the hanger? It took me forever to get out of that one. I think there may have been a patch to fix something wrong with that one level. Or else there was just an elevator hidden behind a panel on the wall that looks like part of the wall instead of a door. Its been a long time since I played it.
 joesdomain
04-27-2003, 12:04 AM
My favorite Expanded Universe games are Dark Forces, Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, X-wing, Rogue Squadron 3-D, Galactic Battlegrounds and Clone Campaigns, Jedi Power Battles, Demolition, Force Commander, and Racer Revenger.

I hope to buy Starfighter, Jedi Starfighter, The Clone Wars, Bounty Hunter, Episode I The Phatom Menance, and Super Bombard Racing in the next 6 months.

If I can find a copy of them, I want to buy:

Star Wars Episode I Racer, Mysteries of the Sith expansion pack for Dark Forces II, Rebel Assualt II, Masters of Tera Kasi, and Rebellion.
 benTantilles
04-27-2003, 5:39 AM
hey joesdomain,
if u liked x-wing, u're gonna LOVE x-wing alliance. better in almost every aspect.
 dark jedi 8
04-28-2003, 8:36 PM
definately the dark forces and jedi knight games! oh, and rogue squadron was awesome. the new one sounds the best yet!:)
 Dradle
05-01-2003, 3:20 AM
Outcast is in my opinion is the best game, beside Galaxies
 Shotokan
05-03-2003, 6:21 AM
Hm... This is a toughie... Let's see, for PC I like: X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter (The BEST!), Mysteries of the Sith, and the original Jedi Knight series (Back then the graphics owned... LoL), o yeah and Jedi Outcast! For PS2 I like: Jedi Starfighter. For GC I like: Clone Wars and Rogue Squadron.
 Echuu Shen-Jon
05-11-2003, 6:02 AM
Tough choice!

I think I have to say Jedi Outcast!
Page: 1 of 1