Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Deathmatch: Jedi (UPDATED)

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
01-19-2003, 5:30 PM
I really messed up on that last poll, so Tie Guy, please vote again. This is movies only now.

This is first in a weekly poll series entitled Deathmatch, Each week contains new contestent categories. This week is Jedi.

These are limited timed polls, 7 days! So vote while you can and expect a new one next week. Deathmatch: Sith.

All contestants have a lightsaber, so don't ask "What if they had..."

*** I voted Luke. His skill against Vader saved the galaxy, and I am sure he could with stand attacks from Yoda and Mace. I am thinking of how he is during the NJO, so you anti-EU people may have different opinions.
 Tie Guy
01-19-2003, 5:37 PM
Hmm...i want to vote Luke but i think the winner would Mace Windu.

Luke, i think, has the advantage in raw Force ability, but Mace is a seasoned Jedi Master with ages of experience and training. Plus, he has the best lightsaber skills of anyone in his time, including Yoda.
 ZBomber
01-19-2003, 6:12 PM
Yoda. You should have left him out, thjoguh. ;)

Reason, hes is the strogest Jedi ever to live. :p
 JediNyt
01-19-2003, 6:59 PM
Windu cause hes a better saber fighter than Yoda. Probably the best in the galaxy. Luke could probably become that good one day but that doesnt happen in the movies so Mace is my pic.
 Katarn07
01-19-2003, 8:09 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Yoda. You should have left him out, thjoguh. ;)

Reason, hes is the strogest Jedi ever to live. :p

I left him out last time. But forgot to include Mace...
 Rogue15
01-19-2003, 8:24 PM
Obi-wan Kenobi!!!!! He only lost cause he WANTED to, now if he didn't WANT to....he would've owned vader 3 times in a row!!
 tarafudge
01-19-2003, 9:19 PM
You abviosly didnt see the newest star wars movie, yoda ripped his saber out and he was doin sumersalts flips and twists. yoda is definitly the best jedi ever to live.
 leXX
01-20-2003, 6:16 AM
Yoda would wipe the floor with all of them! He is the best Jedi to ever live.
 Thew Rydur
01-20-2003, 10:33 AM
Definately Yoda, being that he is the most powerful, and he'd be a lot harder to hit. I do agree the Obi-wan could have taken Vader easily though.
 Breton
01-20-2003, 10:36 AM
<-------------------------

His skilled saber skills and his usage of the living force would make him IMO the hardest to defeat (Darth Maul did a cheap trick to defeat him, none of the jedi would ever do that).
 Tie Guy
01-20-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn
<-------------------------

His skilled saber skills and his usage of the living force would make him IMO the hardest to defeat (Darth Maul did a cheap trick to defeat him, none of the jedi would ever do that).

Huh? Trick? You mean the part where Darth Maul impaled Qui-Gon? How was that a trick?

Besides, all's fair in love and war.
 Breton
01-20-2003, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Huh? Trick? You mean the part where Darth Maul impaled Qui-Gon? How was that a trick?

Not really sure what "impale" means;) , but I meant when he smashes Qui-Gon with his hilt. No Jedi would do that, that's for sure. Just imagine if they had putten it in JK2, we would have newbie hiltsmashers everywhere. :p

Besides, all's fair in love and war.

Perhaps, but this wasn't war, this was duelling.
 Katarn07
01-20-2003, 3:28 PM
I'll agree about that being a cheap move. But was it a trick? nah... He's a Sith. He fights dirty.

Qui-Gon did have the chance to hit Maul in the back of the head after kicking him off the catwalk. But he allowed Maul to get up. But not only did Maul get up, he decided to hit Qui-Gon and then attack...
 boinga1
01-20-2003, 5:32 PM
:yoda: , mighty jedi master
 Hekx
01-20-2003, 7:07 PM
Qui-Gon will most probably be first to go.
Mace Windu probably will show some nice moves, while Yoda will do some acrobatic lightsabre fighting.
Obi-wan probably will be able to defend himself, but not overcome any opponent.
Luke will most probably go in to the battle head-first and get beheaded by Mace. :D
Anakin will probably be pwned by Mace.
Mace will be pwned by Yoda.
Obi-wan'll be defeated by Yoda.
And so...

YODA! :yoda:

-Edit-
No-one will win since I doubt they'd all fight eachother. :p
 Tie Guy
01-20-2003, 7:59 PM
Not really sure what "impale" means;) , but I meant when he smashes Qui-Gon with his hilt. No Jedi would do that, that's for sure. Just imagine if they had putten it in JK2, we would have newbie hiltsmashers everywhere. :p

Impale means to pierce or run through, or what not. Its when Maul stabs Qui-Gon.

Anyway, it wasn't a trick at all, it was a perfectly legitimate move. I mean, Obi-Wan kicks Maul in the face and no one says that is unfair. So Maul hit Qui-Gon with his hilt, Qui-Gon should have blocked it or soemthing.

And Qui-Gon did not let Maul get up. He was clearly going to put his saber to Maul's throat or something until Maul kicked him and was able to stand up.

Oh, and it was a war, or a battle anyway.
 JediNyt
01-20-2003, 11:25 PM
I agree. Its not cheep or bad or whatever. And it doesnt matter. Its real war. Not some game where you can manipulate your way through skillessly. Maul and Jinn were both masters at sabers and it was only a matter of time until one guy got hit. In this case it just happened to be Jinn. Plus Jinn was getting old. Maul was young and had more endurance (and the double lightsaber helped) . And thats that. Simple.
 Katarn07
01-21-2003, 3:38 PM
I am surprised there aren't any more for Luke or Windu...

My logic on the Luke being winner.

Anakin killed many a Jedi, maybe even Windu, and that forced Yoda into hiding. Why? Because he is to old and is strong in the Forces, but not strong enough to take on a Sith again. Luke took on Vader, and turned him to the light, and that was the thing that kept Yoda in hiding. I don't know, that is my logic on it.

Windu, Yoda, Anakin (we'll all change our opinion of him when we see EPIII...) and Luke would last longest IMO. Remember, Obi-Wan doesn't fight Dooku or Vader like he did Maul, he went to a less agressive, defensive stance. So I don't think he could have beaten Vader, just defended himself for a really long time.
 Breton
01-22-2003, 5:18 PM
Originally posted by Hиkx Nтxъ
Qui-Gon will most probably be first to go.

*Slowly boiling Hekx Noxu until he dies :devburn:*
 Katarn07
01-22-2003, 5:58 PM
This isn't popularity, but skills. I love Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, but I don't see them lasting as long as the 4 I said above. But that is my opinion.
 boinga1
01-22-2003, 8:48 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
I'll agree about that being a cheap move. But was it a trick? nah... He's a Sith. He fights dirty.

Qui-Gon did have the chance to hit Maul in the back of the head after kicking him off the catwalk. But he allowed Maul to get up. But not only did Maul get up, he decided to hit Qui-Gon and then attack...

This is late but...he tried to hit Maul but Maul kicked him in the face, hence he did not kill him.
 Breton
01-24-2003, 5:21 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy

And Qui-Gon did not let Maul get up. He was clearly going to put his saber to Maul's throat or something until Maul kicked him and was able to stand up.

The question is: Did he know Maul would be able to avoid the attack? This is possible, if you watch the duel again, you can see that Qui-Gon could easily have attacked him before Maul get a chance to kick. And we also know that Qui-Gon has great respect for all life, and wouldn't slay anything while defenseless, not even a Sith.
 Katarn07
01-25-2003, 11:12 AM
And we also know that Qui-Gon has great respect for all life, and wouldn't slay anything while defenseless, not even a Sith.

I am going to agree with this. :D Never thought of it like that.
 JediNyt
01-25-2003, 10:18 PM
Katarn07 I like what you say about Luke. He is better than Vader. If Vader kills Windu in ep3 then we know that Luke is the best saber fighter in the galaxy. We wont know for sure till 2005. Rrrrggg we gotta wait. Oh well. Until then my money is on Windu since his saber skills are above Yoda and we know Yoda is the best all around Jedi ever. Of course when Yoda was younger he could have taken out Windu.
 boinga1
01-25-2003, 10:49 PM
The question is: Did he know Maul would be able to avoid the attack? This is possible, if you watch the duel again, you can see that Qui-Gon could easily have attacked him before Maul get a chance to kick. And we also know that Qui-Gon has great respect for all life, and wouldn't slay anything while defenseless, not even a Sith.

you call a sith with a dualsaber 'defenseless'?
 Darth Groovy
01-26-2003, 4:10 AM
Wow, been a while since I seen Yoda on a poll....

Guess who I voted for? :cool:
 Katarn07
01-26-2003, 10:56 AM
And the winner is by a landslide (I really though Luke and Windu would get more votes): YODA!!!!
Page: 1 of 1