Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi vs. Protoss

Page: 1 of 1
 JediNyt
01-18-2003, 6:23 PM
Only people familiar with Star Craft will understand this. Well what do you think? Now before you all go impulsively clicking Jedi we should take all things into consideration.

Jedi pros: Light sabers. Force push, pull, grip, etc. basically powerful telekenesis, lightning, speed, protect, absorb, extra sensory aka Jedi seeing. (These arent just from JK2, Yoda absorbed Dookus lightning and how do you think Obi survived Jangos missle and Bobas canon fire hitting right next to him? Protect.)

Jedi cons: Mind trick would not work agaisnt a Protoss.

Protoss pros: Psi blades probably equal to lightsabers, Psionic storms probably more powerful than Force lightning, cloaking, extra sensory, can merge into Archons for incredible psionic firepower.

Protoss cons: Their mind control abilities would not work agaisnt Jedi. They arent as fast.

Its look like they are about equal but it seems to me that Jedi have just an edge over Protoss with their speed and telekinetic powers and well...the Force. But thats just my opinion whats yours?

If I left any mentionable abilities out pls post them.
 Katarn07
01-18-2003, 7:01 PM
I voted Jedi.

Never played the game, but read the descriptions of the Protoss and followed your logic on it. They may be equal, but one factor is, the Force.

It may be like comparing them to Vong. Vong seem better at first, then they equal out, but the Jedi will win. That is why I voted Jedi.
 lukeiamyourdad
01-18-2003, 8:26 PM
Wow tough question...

well first of all only high templars have the ability of merging into archons and having psionic storm. only the dark templar have cloaking and the dark archons have the mind control ability.

But if there was a mix of these, well it would be equal. but if zealots, high templars, and dark tempars and maybe archons then all of those in an one-on-one against a jedi then I should vote jedi.

but I voted equal.
 Taos
01-18-2003, 8:27 PM
Not really knowing what protoss is....I voted for the jedi. :)

I think it's good that you told a little story, but why don't you provide a link as well. ;)
 Ratmjedi
01-19-2003, 2:15 AM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
Not really knowing what protoss is....I voted for the jedi. :)

I think it's good that you told a little story, but why don't you provide a link as well. ;)

Haven't you ever played StarCraft?
Jee Wiz man. Everyone has played that game. You should atleast know somone who has played the game.

I have a question to ask though. Does this include their ships as well like a Reaper, Scout, Corsair?

Some one also forgot to mention the Dragoon.

:lsduel: :duel:
 JediNyt
01-19-2003, 2:50 AM
No of course theyre vehicles dont count. If they did then Id have to put in the Jedi starfighter, theyre other ships and droids and...well duh. A Protoss is not a Carrier just like a Jedi is not a starfighter.

Try to think outside of the specifications of the games units even though it is a game and just think about their abilities. I mean a High Templar could carry psi blades if it wanted to. And a Dark Templar could make a psionic storm if it learned to. You see what I mean. I just listed the most important abilities of each side.
 Taos
01-19-2003, 2:09 PM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi
Haven't you ever played StarCraft?

Nope.....

Jee Wiz man. Everyone has played that game. You should atleast know somone who has played the game.

Well, sorry bud.....I don't. :p ;)
 Katarn07
01-19-2003, 2:36 PM
Everyone I know that has a computer has that game. I don't. Never played it. Actually, this poll is pretty good.
 Breton
01-19-2003, 5:12 PM
I think they're about equal if you mix all the Protoss stuff. But there is also one thing JediNyt forgot (obviously) to add about the Protoss: They have energy shields.
 Wraith 8
01-19-2003, 5:20 PM
well. i personally think it is comparin apples with pears... but im voting protoss :p
 Tyrion
01-19-2003, 7:18 PM
Protoss,easily.

Zealot's Psi-Blades are like lightsabers.

Dark Templar's cloaking and near-same skills with thier blade as the jedi will let em win.

High templars can psionic them from afar,and archons can just blow em up.:p

All jedi can do it grip and...slash..:D

And mind trick,but that hardly does good to zealots.:D
 vegietto
02-01-2003, 4:40 AM
jedis would beat the protoss veryb easily if u ask me but u didn't s who cared
 Purple_Tentacle
02-01-2003, 5:45 AM
Archon Vs. Dooku ? Archon hands down , IMO

i voted protoss
 boinga1
02-01-2003, 9:55 PM
based on your descriptions, jedi. let's break it down

Protoss pros: Psi blades probably equal to lightsabers, Psionic storms probably more powerful than Force lightning, cloaking, extra sensory, can merge into Archons for incredible psionic firepower.

in a swordfight, probably a jedi, because they have the Force and all so they are 'precognitive.' jedi also have superior sensory skills

If protoss uses stroms, jedi uses absorb.

if protoss uses cloaking, force sight

Eh...what's psionic firepower?
 Darth Talliusc
02-01-2003, 11:01 PM
it really depends i think, if its a full fleet affair and they each get 6 months to prepare, go jedi. but if its an act of the moment thing then protoss would win.

just thinking, ok a carrier comes in and drops its 8 interceptors near a jedi, all 8 of em start firing, even if the jedi could deflect the shots and take out the interceptors so that the carrier would be offenseless the jedi still cant win. cant really lose at that point unless the carrier pulls a tassadar and crashes on him but oh well.

i have to believe that the dark templars cloaking ability would be limiited but effective vs the jedi so they would be a problem, and dark archons possession would just dessimate the jedi, not to mention the normal archons psionic wave thingy.

it really is difficult to say.
 JediNyt
02-02-2003, 2:18 AM
Thats right, a psionic wave, I could remember what it was called. I just said firepower cause well thats what it is. Very devastating. A Jedi would have a hell of a time trying to cut down an Archon. Eventually the Jedi would still win I think.
 Swat
02-02-2003, 2:23 AM
juz push them off into a bottomless pit set in the starcraft world, n the jedi wins
 lukeiamyourdad
02-02-2003, 5:05 PM
Well protoss have so many abilities, more then jedi. I believe a Jedi can't absorb Psionic storm 'cause it doesn't have anything to do with Sith Lightning.
 Darth Eggplant
02-24-2003, 7:45 PM
My Life for Aiur!

enough said.
 teutonicknight
02-24-2003, 10:34 PM
Well, you can't really beat the force so.... JEDI!

:duel:
 Pnut_Man
02-26-2003, 7:10 AM
Originally posted by teutonicknight
Well, you can't really beat the force so.... JEDI!

:duel:

Hell ya!

The protoss are goners without their shields (bad memories of losing his nexus shields). The jedi can go to their limits with the force, they would move at amazingly fast speeds, too fast for protoss..
 CorranSec
02-28-2003, 6:26 PM
Hmm...... well, I'm not sure. It's difficult to tell what effects each race's abilities would have upon the other. Seeing as they exist in different existences, would the Force work on Protoss? Would all the Protoss powers (which are basically magic and mind powers) work in SW?

If the Protoss were 'blank in the Force' like the Vong are, the Protoss would probably win, seeing as the only thing the Jedi have going for them is their great fighting skills, and they can't do anything against the Protoss psy-powers.

However, if the Jedi could sense the Protoss in the Force, it's a whole different matter. It'd probably be pretty equal- Psychic powers=Force powers, Psi-blades=lightsabers, and so on.
 Swat
03-01-2003, 1:17 AM
if u're tokking abt the old jedi order, the jedi may win. but if u're tokking the new order, the protoss's fleet is 2 big 4 a 100 jedi
 Zulu
03-03-2003, 10:28 AM
I think protoss would win against a jedi cuz dont they have the shield you have to go through then there HP
 Breton
03-08-2003, 5:58 PM
I actually think the Protoss would win. Just imagine a Protoss Dark Templar (those are invisible, if you didn't know), with the powerful shields and high strength of an archon. Give him the Dark Archons cunning abilities, including mind control, and the destructive abilities of a high templar. Let's say he's even got the abilities of a corsair. I belive such creatures would be able to defeat Jedis
 tarafudge
03-08-2003, 10:01 PM
So what if there was a protoss jedi? Now, that my friend would kick some ass.:smash:
 TK-99
03-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Are you talking about a Jealot?

Well a jedi is more flexible with only wearing robes and all but protoss have all that armor(Jealot) so its hard for them to do all that jedi stuff

i voted for Jedi
 Snafu7
04-03-2003, 4:52 PM
Protoss
 Darth Eggplant
04-03-2003, 7:43 PM
no a hybrid zerg\protoss as in Starcraft 2
(sometime in the future)

the protoss purity in forum
the zerg purity in essance

The Xel'Naga

the Queen of Blades would Bitch Slap,
consume, and infest any jedi she came across.
 dark jedi 8
04-05-2003, 2:29 PM
i voted for jedi, cause....well..... they have the FORCE! and especially if its a sith!, or yoda then the protoss would definately lose. IMO:)
 lukeiamyourdad
04-05-2003, 3:21 PM
It's a very tough question since the two things are from seperated realities.

It's like saying who's stronger: Gandalf or Harry Potter?
Spider-Man or Batman?
Garfield or Felix the Cat(that's just stupid)?
 dark jedi 8
04-05-2003, 4:49 PM
*Cough: Gandolf,Batman,Garfield. :Cough*

:D
 Stormtrooper X
05-03-2003, 5:19 PM
Hmmmm. Well, jedi have the force so what can beat that? The Protoss have about 45 powers whereas the Jedi have about 75 powers. Psi Blades VS Lightsabers? Lightsabers would about 2 seconds cut hte psi blades. Jedi can use force jump and speed to zoom around, avoiding the shock waves from the protoss, getting closer all the time, ready to kill. Jedi can use force persuasion, to go invisible, and the protoss would have a hard time finding the Jedi, while the Jedi sneaked up behind the Protoss's back, and then strike! Wham! Vonnnnngggg! Shirpppp! The Jedi wins :lsduel: :duel::syoda: :lightning :fire3: :blaze6: :fire11: :attack2:

:bluflag2: :chainsaw:

Cool battles!
Page: 1 of 1