Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Somthing's amiss....help!

Page: 1 of 1
 Gideon_Duthuras
01-18-2003, 3:29 PM
Ok, so I recently reinstalled XWA, however there seems to be a problem, I can't play any missions. Er..here let me start from the begaining.

All the cinimatics seem to be "dirty" that is, some pixels remain frozen in space, an example is the LucasArts logo little intro. A diagonal line of red pixels (the X-wing's laster blast) will remain well after the X-wing is gone. Also there are pixels from the ships themselves and the spinning logo.

Anyway I can get ingame on the transport with that damn droid. I get to the briefing and then go to the load screen. Now, the thing about the load screen is that the load bar at the top does not move. It just stays in place for a few minutes before the game crashes and I find my self looking at the desktop.

Similer things happen when I try to go to the simulator, only that crashes once the "roof" tries to come down.

I don't know if anyone here will even read this, but please, if you think you have a way to help, then post. I really have a urge to play this game again!
 Admiral
01-18-2003, 3:37 PM
Do you have the latest patches.

Try lowering your resolution. Play with graphic settings.
 Gideon_Duthuras
01-18-2003, 3:42 PM
I have version 2.02 and beleive me I have messed around with the graphics, still no change.
 Admiral
01-18-2003, 4:09 PM
You can try reinstalling and check your video drivers.
Page: 1 of 1