Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Your most emotional SW moment

Page: 1 of 2
 Swoosh
01-11-2003, 1:30 AM
I got this idea from another thread and thought it deserved it's own...

List your most emotional SW moment and tell us why

Mine is in AOTC at Shmi's funeral when Anakin approaches her tombstone, kneels down, and says his goodbye. "I let you down mom, but I promise it won't happen again." Then he stands and Hayden drops his best line of the movie, "I miss you...soooo much."

This whole part made me feel how Anakin was feeling...like he let down the only person that ever took care of him and gave everything for him. He went a decade without seeing her and felt guilty because of it...this horrible pain he suffered could only be suppressed with his promise to not let anything like it happen again. That was his last promise to his mother, one he would keep the rest of his life (even through the Vader years when he eventually saves Luke).

That's it for me, but keep in mind I am too young to have seen the OT in theaters, so some of you may not agree with me :)

Swoosh
 Ratmjedi
01-11-2003, 1:44 AM
My favorite emotional moment from all the films is when Vader is probing Luke's mind for information and find's out about Leia being his daughter. Then he tells Luke that if he won't turn that maybe "Sister will" Luke completly losing it and going after Vader because he want's to protect his sister. He starts to get Anakin thinking about what he has become and we see Anakin redeemed. That was for me what the OT was all about. Bringing back Vader after all the things that he had done and even forgetting about his mother. I really wonder what would of happened if Luke knew about his Grandmother and brough it up to Anakine? I really wonder how Vader would of reacted.

:lsduel: :duel:
 SettingShadow
01-11-2003, 5:36 AM
I agree totally with Ratm, that was the most emotional scence in SW, the music is very emotional too, how Luke ignites his saber and yells "NOOOOO" and then bursts out on Vader, his saber fighting aint the best but hes anger and frustration combined with that Vader was surprised overwhelmed Vader. My favorite scene in SW is when Vader throws Palpatine down the exhaust shaft (sp?), I cant describe it but it was so well done.
 nova_wolf
01-11-2003, 7:09 AM
Dude - with you two there.

Other sequence that I always like for emotion is Han being frozen.

It could have been so smushy and all, but they kept his personailty to the end.

Leia: I love you.
Han: I know.

Seriously - I don't know anyone who could say that and live...
I was character continuity - I loved it!
 Katarn07
01-11-2003, 1:32 PM
Kabe getting a drink in ANH. Brings a tear to the eye everytime I witness it.. :( *sniff* (lol, none really, but still my favorite in the saga!)

No, really, the epic duel and dialouge between Vader and Luke throughout RotJ.
 Carbon_sleeper
01-11-2003, 6:27 PM
For me, it's when Vader is looking back and forth, watching the emperor kill his son, then suddenly he'd had enough and attacks his master, saving his son. I actually got chills just thinking of that scene just now. It's awesome when John Williams comes in with that music right when vader turns back to the good side.
 LiMP RABBiT
01-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Ahem.... have you seen the trilogy? It has to be, "I am your father". Even the first time I saw it (when I was about 8) it was still really emotional.
 Tie Guy
01-12-2003, 1:13 PM
I've got two.

The first is the binary sunset on Tatooine. The scene is one of the best scenes in movie history, IMO. You just feel Luke's burning desire to be free, explore the galaxy, have adventures. You can see the look of total despair in his face as he realizes his life will never mean anything, never have any importance. He doesn't think he'll ever be free, and that he'll be doomed to living a normal life on a backwater planet for the rest of eternity. You can also see a hint of longing for his father, the mysterious figure he never knew. His uncle tells him that he was a freighter pilot, but he can sense that he was more, that his father was someone important. He longs to know him, yes, but even more he longs to be him. And to make it even better, the music is absolutely masterfull. Truly an incredible scene.

The second is the funeral pyre scene at the end of ROTJ. Luke lights his own father's funeral pyre. This was the man whom he always long to know, longed to be. But then he found out his father was the very man he was fighting against and he was afraid. But he overcame his fear, his anger, and defeated him, redeemed him. He finally had the father he had always wanted and dreamed of, but then he died, torn from his grasp as soon as he had been won. The scene perfectly conveys Luke's grief, his sorrow, even fear, that comes with knowing your own limitations. Anikan experienced a similar feeling. But the scene is more than sorrow and sadness, it is honor. You can just feel when you see Luke standing in front of the massive flame that here lies the greatest Jedi that ever lived. Star Wars should have ended with this scene. Starting down on the pyre, the camera would lift up into the boundless starry sky filled with renewed hope and opportunity, and the credits would role.
 Wraith 8
01-12-2003, 5:23 PM
wel... my most emotional moment is not the movie.
its in the books i read.

Star Wars X-wing book number 6. Iron Fist

The moment Face dragged the hurt body of Ton Phanan on a speeder bike.
and when he talked to him, he didnt reply.
he turned around and saw him staring at the sky without breathing. he started to cry.

i thought it was .... wel.. if you felt for the charachters, especially Garik Loran and Ton Phanan as i did.... i thought it was very sad.
 JR2000Z
01-12-2003, 6:56 PM
In ROTJ in the Death Star were Vader threatened Luke about Leia then Luke ended up fighting him and cut off his arm.
 Taos
01-12-2003, 9:13 PM
I've got two as well, both within the same one hour span. First is when they freeze Han Solo into the carbonite. I was almost in tears....

The second is "Luke, I am your father." Then Luke's deal "no, that can't be true, that's not possible." Man that was some good stuff. :)

ESB overall is an excellent movie. :)
 Jed
01-12-2003, 9:29 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
The second is "Luke, I am your father." Then Luke's deal "no, that can't be true, that's not possible." Man that was some good stuff. :)

And another one....

When the Emperor says in ROTJ, "So be it.......Jedi...."

It just freaked the hell out of me.
 Pad
01-13-2003, 10:12 AM
first of all i wanne remind u i was only 8years old (i think) when i first saw SW. the scene that was the most emotional to me was the scene where u see the burned corpses from lukeґs aunt and uncle. that scene never got out of my memory.
 LiMP RABBiT
01-13-2003, 11:46 AM
When luke burns vader is quite emotional
 Scar Da Kookee
01-13-2003, 7:59 PM
my favorate two:

1: "Luke I am your Father..." "No! It can't be! Thats Impossible!"

2: well, just when luke was bashing his lightsaber down on Vader on ROTJ, then he slices vader's hand, noticing it was robotic, then looks it his hand (which was also robotic...)
 Katarn07
01-13-2003, 8:16 PM
I to was 8 when I first saw the SW trilogy, and my favorite scene was when Vader picked up Palpatine and killed both himself and his master to save his son.

I just knew it was going to happen, when Luke was begging for mercy and Vader turns to Luke and the Emperor.

The entire stuff between Luke, Vader, and Palpatine in RotJ is great.
 JerAir
01-13-2003, 9:46 PM
the part when obi sacrifices himself and discentegrates and luke yels NOOOOOOOOoooo!! and blasts the troopers to a new dimension
 Katarn07
01-13-2003, 9:59 PM
I couldn't believ it!

I yelled out to my Dad, "Did he really die?!"

It was comforting enough though when I heard him say, "Run, Luke, run!" I knew he'd be back in ESB and RotJ.
 ckcsaber
01-14-2003, 6:08 PM
Yes all the ones you metioned were great. I especially agree with Tie Guy on the twin sunset scene.

A very emotional scene was when Anakin holding his dead mothers body, stares at her. His facial expressions are top notch. The disbelief morphing into the hatred. Very well done Hayden!
 Ratmjedi
01-14-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Padanime
first of all i wanne remind u i was only 8years old (i think) when i first saw SW. the scene that was the most emotional to me was the scene where u see the burned corpses from lukeґs aunt and uncle. that scene never got out of my memory.

Me too man. I always thought about that scene and was like what that? I never that there were charred body's ever in the movies untill one day I was watching the OT and I noticed that. I even played it back and was like "Those are burned body's".

I always wondered what made them like that cause we always see people get shot in the OT and the NT and there has never been anything like that. That scene I think is very dark cause it is showing the dead body's all burned up and it looks more like a cemetery there than it does of a Moisture Farm.

:duel: :lsduel:
 Andy867
01-15-2003, 1:07 AM
I think the most emotional moments are (from most emotional to least):

- When Anakin watches his mother die in his arms, and just overall mood. If I were there, I would have done the same thing he did.

- When Vader says that he is Luke's father.

- When Luke watches his father die in his arms

- Padme says to Anakin I've been dying a little each day since you've come back into my life Anakin: What? Padme: I Love you

- Twin Sunset

- When luke cuts off his father's hand, then realizes its the same hand that Vader cut off from Luke.

There are others, but those will do. :ball: :crybaby: :cry6: :( :) ok, I'm all better now:)
 leXX
01-15-2003, 6:28 AM
It used to be:

Vader: I am your father!
Luke: Noooooooooo!

That suprised the hell outta me.

Now it is:

Anakin: I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too! They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals! I HATE THEM!

The emotion in that scene blew me away. Anakin's slow decent towards the dark side. His eyes say it all.
 BCanr2d2
01-15-2003, 7:08 AM
I'll weigh on that line too, it is. One of the most misquoted lines in the SW universe. To set it up, I have used the surrounding dialogue, to put it into context....

Vader:"Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father"

Luke:"He told me enough. He told me you killed him"

Vader:"No..... I am your father" - just checked the video to be sure though..... (He does pause as well)

Luke:"No..... No..... That can't be true. That's impossible(not possible? ).....
Noooooooooo, Noooooo.."

Word for word off the SE video of TESB...

Anyway, back to the topic at hand - I have a few moments.
One of them is when I first heard the Imperial March in TESB, the new definition of a theme for evil. Now every evil theme is full of low, bass-like sounds...

Yoda dying is another one, especially now, since we see him in more detail in the PT. Have learnt to love that little puppet...

Han in going into the carbonite - Can't have all the characters in a bad way, can we? Lucas decided to rewrite how many characters can be left in the lurch in a multi-movie saga...

Darth Maul and the beginning of the Deul Of The Fates music - If I wondered if the new movies would give me the same buzz, this was the scene that showed me it was there...

Both Death Star explosions...... Nuff said - good triumphed over evil....
 Rogue15
01-15-2003, 10:37 AM
the part where padme told anakin she truly loved him....gets me for some reason. :confused:
 Andy867
01-15-2003, 11:54 AM
*hands Rogue15 a tissue* there, there I understand. I feel the same way about that scene..:)
 Rogue15
01-15-2003, 1:14 PM
thanks, and for that i'll give you 100 points, go get some glow! :)
 Wraith 8
01-16-2003, 3:44 PM
Originally posted by Rogue15
thanks, and for that i'll give you 100 points, go get some glow! :) so you just give people points for being nice to you.. thats black mail :p :p
 Andy867
01-16-2003, 4:16 PM
Actually, I was also asking for people to donate to the Help Andy867 Get A Glowing Name Fund so, its not black mail,plus since then I've been donating my own earned points to the needy.
 Wraith 8
01-16-2003, 4:20 PM
oh ok :p.. it was no offence to you :D.. it was comment to 15 :p
 Katarn07
01-16-2003, 4:21 PM
Even if he hadn't, that isn't black mail.

Black Mail is when you have dirt on someone that you threaten to reveal publically if they don't do what you say.
 Rogue15
01-16-2003, 6:28 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
so you just give people points for being nice to you.. thats black mail :p :p

hey, give and you shall receive! =p
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-17-2003, 2:00 AM
i gotta few.

1)ESB: The Duel on the gantry. that was just..... like..."OMG, YOU'RE JOKING ME, RIGHT!?!?!? he...OMG! OMG!!" kinda moments.

2)RotJ:Luke VS Vader: "I'll get your sister to do it damnit"-->Emperor thrown off to die deal. great music.

3)The Ewoks: Yes, when everyone was about to be set aflame. i laughed. hard.
 Andy867
01-17-2003, 2:30 AM
Hey Cracken, in regards to your sig it should read

"It's amazing how everytime you open your mouth, you prove you're an idiot." -Vegeta
 Luuke_Skywalker
01-17-2003, 6:40 PM
i agree with ratmjedi the final moments of the luke vader duel was awesome and the music was perfect and emotional and also the moment of vader killing the emperor and when in esb han was frozen
 Altus_Thrawn
01-18-2003, 5:55 PM
When vader died I was sad....he had just come back to the light and immediatly died.
 Thrackan Solo
01-18-2003, 6:50 PM
Mine progresses throughout the books and the movies. It is the emotional bond between Artoo and C3PO. In the NJO you read C3PO's thoughts and he talks about how if he lost Artoo he would feel like Han Solo did when he lost CHewie
 Natty
01-18-2003, 7:02 PM
There's a lot of them for me- in movie order

episode:1
**Ani being seperated from his mother, just those poor sad eyes I just wanna cuddle him. Poor kid, for years he' dreamed of being a jedi and now he's finally on his way to be a jedi but he's being seperated from his only family he's ever known :(

**Qui Gonn's funeral, and Ani asks Obi Wan what's gonna happen to him now. He's just lost the only person who was like a father figure to him.

Episode2
**Shmi's death and funeral. Nuff said it's already been said before

**Ani going on the killing rampage and then when he talks to Padme about it and he says he killed everyone even the women and the children. He slaughtered them like animals

Episode4
**Luke returning to find Uncle Owen and Aunt Peru dead

Episode5
**Luke I am your father

Episode6
**The ewoks trying to help I think it's cute it always makes me giggle. That's an emotion :)

**the whole final battle between Luke and Vader, good vs evil/ father vs son.

**the end- Luke finally finds his father (in a way) only to have him taken away, it sort of reminds me of episode1 when Qui Gonn dies (see above for reasons) I think the situations are so similar in a lot of ways. Both never had a father and when they finally have a father/father figure he dies :(
 Darth Groovy
01-20-2003, 4:30 AM
Well the Reason ROTJ is my least favorite film is because all of my favorite characters died. The emotion of Yoda passing away is too much for me to handle so I usually fast forward through it.

Now some other moments:

Qui-Gon dies, can't say I didn't see it coming. :(

Darth Maul goes to pieces, and so do I.

Annakin leaves his mother to become a Jedi, I was probably the only person alive who was moved by this scene, because it was similar to the way I felt when I shipped off for the Navy.

Annakin finds his mother in a Tusken Raider Camp. That one was hard, even though I knew it was coming. I felt very sorry for Annakin at that moment.

Han Solo getting frozen in carbonite. First time I saw it I thought he was dead. I nearly had a coronary.
 Lord Fondlemaid
01-24-2003, 8:16 PM
My favourite has to be Luke's cockpit scene just after the destruction of the 1st Death Star. Fantastic music, the mixture of relief and joy on Luke's face & Obi-wan's words heard clearly "Remember, the Force will be with you, allways". Sends a shiver down my spine every time.
 Darth Groovy
01-25-2003, 5:07 AM
Reasons why ROTJ is my least favorite of the films:

Boba Fett Dies
Jaba The Hutt Dies
Yoda Dies
Admiral Piett Dies
Vader Dies
Emporer Palpatine Dies

Ewoks and lots of frickin muppets...........

It almost makes Schindler's List seem heartwarming........
 TieFighterPilot
01-26-2003, 9:34 PM
For me it is in ESB, when Luke is saying goodbye to Han before leaving with Rogue Squadron to engage the Imperial attack.

Han's face is says a thousand words.
 JediNyt
01-29-2003, 3:42 PM
Among the most emotional include Ani leaving his home in Ep1, Shmi dying in Ep2, Ben dying in Ep4, Vader telling Luke hes his father in Ep5, and Ani turning on Sidious in Ep6.
 nova_wolf
02-02-2003, 4:25 PM
Strange choice, but Han and Lando before the Alliance operation at Endor.

Okay - it is a ship, but it is the one thing he has had to depnd on, call his own and love until now.

That was a big thing for him... Any EU fan will say he never gives her up quite such soft tones in his voice ever again!

A masculine, almost male bonding moment.

Nice touch.
 Echuu Shen-Jon
02-15-2003, 5:37 PM
I got some:

1) At the end of RoTJ...I can't stop crying when I've seen it...:)
2) When Qui-Gon Jinn dies...I haven't ever thought he should die!
3) At the celebration on Yavin 4.
4) When Yoda dies...
5) And when Anakin dies!

It's not quite emotionally enough, when Ben (Obi-Wan) dies, because you very fast realise, that he had become one with the force!
 dark jedi 8
02-15-2003, 11:26 PM
Yeah i agree with you Echuu. but i think yoda death was the most emotional, the things he said leading up to it made it even more so emotional. and the music added to it as well.
 nova_wolf
02-16-2003, 5:41 AM
The ends of EpI and II.

I am sitting there, listenening to the ending credit's music, and wondering - 'And then Han and Chewie arrive, right.... guys - hello...'

Not Star Wars w/out Han and Chewie
 Echuu Shen-Jon
02-18-2003, 9:23 AM
The old episode IV and V, or I and II? Nova_wolf?!
 nova_wolf
02-18-2003, 11:47 AM
I mean after TPM and AOTC....

There is this Wookie shaped hole, and no slimy gungan is gonna fill it.

Actually - I think thats what the PT is missing - a scoundrel -there is no Han and Chewie to provide comic relief! :p
 ronbrothers
04-01-2003, 6:46 AM
The most emotional scenes, not necessarily in this order:

1. ATOC when Shmi dies and Anakin kills the Tusken Raiders

2. TESB when Vader tells Luke that he is his father

3. TESB when Han is frozen.

4. TPM when Anakin leaves his mother for his Jedi future.
 Scar Da Kookee
04-01-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Reasons why ROTJ is my least favorite of the films:

Boba Fett Dies
Jaba The Hutt Dies
Yoda Dies
Admiral Piett Dies
Vader Dies
Emporer Palpatine Dies

Ewoks and lots of frickin muppets...........

It almost makes Schindler's List seem heartwarming........

Well the most depressing moment for you then was when Mual died in eps. 1, huh? ;)
Page: 1 of 2