Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Droideka

Page: 1 of 1
 Tiletron
01-10-2003, 6:02 PM
 Hellfire Jedi
01-10-2003, 6:11 PM
What mod and is it a playermodel?
 boinga1
01-11-2003, 8:15 AM
yeah be a cool but very weird model to play as
 Lord Tnuc
01-11-2003, 8:16 PM
I'm sure it would be able to be a player model, but I think it would be more suitable to be replacing Galak_Mech in the sp game. Perhaps if weighting(?) the front legs together, so that they take a step at the same time, and then the back leg takes a step like the next leg, it might work, but then you'd have to worry about the whole "holding guns and lightsabers" thing. Plus swinging lightsabers and all that jazz. I dun think it's a player model, but that's just my oppinion. It would be interesting to see if he could pull it off, though.

By the way, nice model. I would so love to see these guys roll into a room and open fire. If only they could roll. ;.;
 seks03
01-11-2003, 11:00 PM
awesome job Tiletron, I've been waiting for someone to make this model... its been on my request page ever since to begining.
This is a very do-able model... the droideka dosent have to be holding the guns or saber, you can make it look like its being held up by a force field (make the arms invisible and the hands a see through glow) kinda like what was done on the watto model.

oh and i have placed you on my site under the request page. if i can help in anyway just let me know
 Tiletron
01-12-2003, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
What mod and is it a playermodel?

For the moment, the model will be used in 'The Phantom Menace TC', 'Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice' and the 'Attack Of The Clones TC'. After the release of these three mods, this model and a few others will be available for download as independent releases.
 Lord Tnuc
01-13-2003, 3:39 PM
I think what he meant by "will it be a playermodel" is..will we be able to take this guy and run around as him with a lightsaber, guns, etc? And what will they be used for? I mean, will they take on the roll of actual destroyers and roll into battle with their guns blazin?
 Tiletron
01-15-2003, 11:04 AM
If you mean will it be able to do the same thing it does in the movies, then yes it would. What it can't do is use a lightsaber or any other weapon commonly used by player models.

Essentially it will function like a AT-ST except, when you use the jump like you would to exit the vehicle, it will change the movement mode instead.
 Lord Tnuc
01-15-2003, 6:03 PM
Wow. That's a good idea, man. Good thinking.
 Azymn
05-15-2003, 7:12 AM
Tiletron - if you're still working on this model....please consider making it a player model.
I can enhance it's authenticity with a mod i have coming out soon.

PM me if you want the details...it was going to be an easter egg of sorts.
 DarkLord60
05-15-2003, 11:30 PM
Hey Azymn where have you been at the forums at AOTCTC we miss ya
 Psyk0Sith
05-15-2003, 11:58 PM
Did you lower the polycount Tiletron? the version i've seen had 10 000 polys.
 __CKY__
05-17-2003, 3:35 PM
Looks good :).
Page: 1 of 1