Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Jedi Order (Poss. Spoilers)

Page: 1 of 1
 AnaKin_SkYwalKr
01-08-2003, 10:45 AM
Where are all the posts? I'm looking for people to talk about the New Jedi Order books with. I've read all the way up to Destiny's Way. Anyone Out there?
 ZBomber
01-08-2003, 3:42 PM
Don't worry.I'm brining a friend to here who love the New Jedi Order. ;)
 Ewok Hunter
01-08-2003, 6:43 PM
well what do you want to discuss about njo?
 wassup
01-08-2003, 11:56 PM
Umm...what is everyone's favorite NJO book?

mine is SBS. I'm reading Traitor right now and it is just really confusing with all of Vergere's theories and teachings.
 Can-able
01-09-2003, 9:18 AM
NJO rules :D

I have all of them so far :)

And i really like the Rebel dream and the other one... (at work can't rember name )

I hate the fact that they waste the only SSD that the New Republic have ...Grrrrr

Also i really Like Traitor becuse Jason starts to kick some ass ....
 Tie Guy
01-09-2003, 6:07 PM
I'm reading traitor right now. Very interesting. I really like the author's style, ecpecially in the beginning. Haven't gotten incredibly far yet, though.

As for my favorite, probably Rebel Dream. I'm a big fan of Wedge.
 ZBomber
01-09-2003, 7:43 PM
Well, hes Daring Dueler here. His AIM is Taters96. ;)
 boinga1
01-09-2003, 9:51 PM
read all so far...like Rebel Dream, Rebel Stand, and Destiny's Way...what do we all think is gonna happen to the vong?
 wassup
01-09-2003, 11:00 PM
I presume they will unveal some secret biological weapon that they discover from the 8th protocol and make a final push for victory...which of course they almost succeed but don't and our heroes save the day (barely) and life goes on happily ever after... :p

~just my 2 cents
 boinga1
01-10-2003, 4:48 PM
Technically it's the 8th cortex...I think maybe that, also that the workers and such who worship the Jedi as saviors might stay because...well, they worship the Jedi! :yoda: :mace: :luke: :leia: :ben: :liam
 Parrakarry
01-10-2003, 5:01 PM
I think NJO's okay; haven't read them all yet though. More than likely, the Vong will unveil a secret weapon, blah blah blah, kill off another hero, then finally our friends will find the "secret" and save the day. In three books, too: Force Heretic 3, coming out in July I think, is called "Reunion"... hmm.

Chewie: Rahr rahr!

Han: What is it, Chewie?

Chewie: Rah Rgghhhr!

Han: Oh, you had a bad dream? I'm sorry.

THE END :p
 wassup
01-11-2003, 12:28 AM
Chewie: Rahr rahr!

Han: What is it, Chewie?

Chewie: Rah Rgghhhr!

Han: Oh, you had a bad dream? I'm sorry.

:rofl:
that will piss of many ppl...
 Altus_Thrawn
01-12-2003, 8:20 AM
I've read up to destiny's way (the last one)
My favorites: Rebel stand and dream for military strategy type stuff, Traitor because Jason actually decides it is ok to use the force for the first time it seems, and destiny's way because that trap was way cool.
 Can-able
01-12-2003, 9:54 AM
I read some thing some where that there was a possibility. That Boba Fett would be making an appearance in the NJO ....

Whether true or not...what you think about the possibilities of story lines etc etc? :D
 boinga1
01-12-2003, 3:17 PM
that would be awesome :boba: is the coolest bounty hunter ever!
 wassup
01-12-2003, 3:25 PM
ya I heard something about him apprearing and rescueing Han (his old rival) from a bunch of Vong. :fett:
 Faith
01-12-2003, 7:27 PM
bobas cool
 wassup
01-12-2003, 10:11 PM
bobas cool

yes he is :cool:
 RogueWing
01-14-2003, 5:02 AM
Originally posted by Can-able
I hate the fact that they waste the only SSD that the New Republic have ...Grrrrr

Actually, they still have the SSD Guardian. It's mentioned at the end of Destiny's Way.
 nova_wolf
01-16-2003, 10:25 AM
EH!

Dont remember that - ah well, guess Im gonna have to reread Destin'y Way... :D
 Wraith 8
01-16-2003, 4:33 PM
Could any of you tell me something about Wraith Squadron in the NJO books?
 nova_wolf
01-16-2003, 8:44 PM
Well, Wraith Squadron are no more, as you'll find if you read Solo Command.

But Piggy and another member comes back to aid Jaina in some mind games...
 Tie Guy
01-16-2003, 9:13 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
Could any of you tell me something about Wraith Squadron in the NJO books?

Wraith Squadron is no longer a squadron in NJO, but they are still an infiltrator unit.

Currently they are working with Jaina Solo in Admiral Kre'fey's battlegroup. They pilot ultra-agile scout ships equipped with yammosk jammers invented by Danni Quee. This disrupts Vong communications and flight coordination, and have turned the tide in the war...for the moment.
 Wraith 8
01-17-2003, 9:14 AM
Well i knew they werent a squad anymore... but i mean.... do they apear in any NJO books.. and as i see they do....
in which ones?
 swphreak
01-19-2003, 2:54 AM
I think they appear in "dark Journey" (if my memory serves...)

The NJO r00lz. Traitor is the best NJO book right beside Star by Star
 Tie Guy
01-19-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
Well i knew they werent a squad anymore... but i mean.... do they apear in any NJO books.. and as i see they do....
in which ones?

They appear in Destiny's Way, but its almost more of a cameo. There is one book that play a decent role in, but i'm not sure which one it was.
 Keiran Halcyon
01-20-2003, 3:44 PM
It has to be the Behind Enemy lines duology (i suppose since they are from Allston..) no one has read them?
 RogueWing
01-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Yea, they are mentioned a great deal in the Behind Enemy Lines Books.

Spoilers Ahead:

Several stay behind on Borleais (including Piggy) to help train Jaina on how to be a better "Trickster Goddess" by teaching her advanced psychological warfare techniques.

The others accompany Luke, Mara, Tahiri, and Danni Quee on an undercover mission back to Coruscant. These include Face Loran, Kell Tainer, Ellasar (the Deveronian), and some new faces. There, they help the Jedi's search for a tremendous evil presence that they feel while trying to contact remaining survivors.
 AgentSmith
01-30-2003, 5:01 AM
I'm currently reading "Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream", my favorite book so far was "Star by Star". :)
 Thrackan Solo
02-01-2003, 4:04 PM
My favorite is Heroes Trial It has a good plot to it.

Will this be the end of Star Wars After NJO
 Pnut_Man
02-02-2003, 9:25 AM
Best NJO Books:

Star By Star: The most exciting and action filled novel. Awesome author. Anakin died, my friend died in december, death is unstoppable for it is a part of life...

Traitor: I finished that book in about 2 days. Jacen kicked so much freaking ass, Vergere was very unique and fun to read. I was a little mad that she didn't do more in Destiny's Way.

Vector Prime, Dark Tide I & II: These 3 books got me hooked to the series. Dark Tide I & II had the best battle scenes ever written for Star Wars. Everyone who reads EU should read these 3 first.
 nova_wolf
02-02-2003, 3:57 PM
* * * SPOILERS * * *

Being a fan of the star ship battles, the evacuation of Coruscant in Star by Star and Ackabr's plan in Detsiny's Way were something.

But the defense of Borelias - WOW!

In general, the writers have been keeping the flow, through change of planet, character focus, plot focus and with this new spin on the Force from the galaxy's last remaining Old Republic Jedi, Vegere...

There has been so much to look at and think about.

Have no fav books, just ones I prefer less... But not by much...

The steady corrosion of the Solo family was awesome.

Han going AWOl, the effect on Leia, Jaina's giving up caring, Jacen hiding from it all when he can, Anakin's merging his father with his grandfather.

And when Anakin fell... Rivalled the loss of Aeris in FFVII for shockwaves.
Leia holding Ben to the point of suffocation, not wanting to let him go, to leave him in such a world as theirs.

Sucj powerful writing through out the series.

Great work - can't wait for the Force Heretic series, and the (as last I heard) un-named final book...

(Plus - unrelated but still note worthy - Tatooines Ghost released soon also.)
 Keiran Halcyon
02-03-2003, 3:11 PM
The unyfying Force it the last NJO book (19)
Page: 1 of 1