Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Whoot!

Page: 1 of 1
 Scar Da Kookee
01-07-2003, 10:28 PM
First post!
First Thread!
First Poll!

:D

ROTJ for me
 Ratmjedi
01-07-2003, 10:53 PM
Well my favorite film is Return Of The Jedi. I know that many people have said that ESB was the best Star Wars movie made so far but ROTJ just has more appeal to me. ESB didn't have that much action. ROTJ was more action packed. We got to see the best Star Fight ever and the best one so far. We also got to see a very cool Ground battle that was very awesome and just fun to watch. I also liked the battle Vader and Luke. It was very good and not as fancy as the one's but it was dramatic and just so good to watch. You also got to see Vader unmasked which was very cool.

:lsduel: :duel:
 Swoosh
01-08-2003, 12:21 AM
I think a lot of people who like ESB enjoy it because of the shock factor when they first heard Vader was Luke's father. I, on the other hand, was never shocked because I can't remember the first time I saw ESB since I was so young. By the time I realized how important the whole father thing was, it wasn't a surprise at all. So, for me, ESB loses a lot of appeal in my eyes because I don't remember the first reaction I had like so many other people.

That's why ROTJ gets my vote. There isn't anything more epic in films than the Battle of Endor. The battle in the Two Towers is probably the closest in terms of drama and "against all odds", but it is still a far ways off. Plus, it is always nice to see a story all nicely wrapped up and ROTJ does that for the whole saga. All the horrible things that happened throughout the 6 episodes and all the tragedy come to an end and goodness is restored...there isn't much that can be better than that.

Swoosh
 Taos
01-08-2003, 4:40 AM
The ESB for me.....I love the Imperial Walkers, Bespin, Yoda, and yes the Vader/Luke duel....a SW classic. It is one of my favorite duels of all the SW movies. :)

There is also the loss of Han Solo to the bounty hunter...there is a lot of emotion going on in this one.
 Wraith 8
01-08-2003, 6:17 AM
Return of the Jedi for me.... for only one reason.

SPACE BATTLE... it was amazing.
 leXX
01-08-2003, 6:49 AM
ESB for me very very closely followed by ROTJ. Very hard to choose between the two.
 BCanr2d2
01-08-2003, 6:55 AM
That's not fair, asking which one you like the best.

It is the whole universe that I like, and that includes all movies...

If I really had to chose, it'd be ROTJ, since this was the only one I saw in the cinemas when it was originally released (I was about 7).......
 ZBomber
01-08-2003, 4:28 PM
Originally posted by BCanr2d2
That's not fair, asking which one you like the best.

It is the whole universe that I like, and that includes all movies...

If I really had to chose, it'd be ROTJ, since this was the only one I saw in the cinemas when it was originally released (I was about 7).......

yeh! thats liek askingi you would rather have a vintage Anaman or a vintage Vader!
 Wraith 8
01-08-2003, 6:12 PM
Yeah... will you pick favorite among your childeren :p
 Redwing
01-08-2003, 7:17 PM
eeeeeewwwww Anaman :p ;)

ESB...closely followed by RotJ. And I also like ANH. ^_^ Why must you evil people make me decide?!? :xp:
 ZBomber
01-08-2003, 7:55 PM
Originally posted by Redwing

ESB...closely followed by RotJ. And I also like ANH. ^_^ Why must you evil people make me decide?!? :xp:

Thats our job. :D
 ZBomber
01-08-2003, 7:56 PM
Originally posted by Redwing

Thats our job. :D
 OnlyOneCanoli
01-08-2003, 11:01 PM
I'll go with ESB on this one. Excellent character development (Han and Leia's romance, Luke's slow change from being a brash farmboy into a semi-responsible man, etc.), the best score of all the films, the excellent action scenes, the best acting of the Classic Trilogy, the darkest theme and environment, and the most startling revelation in the history of film all combine to create what I consider the best SW movie and quite possible the most enjoyable movie experience I've ever had.
 JediNyt
01-09-2003, 4:00 AM
I said it before and Ill say it again. Love em all! :D
 Darth Simpson
01-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Empire is my favourite.

I hate ewoks.
 Jedi_Monk
01-09-2003, 5:17 PM
Empire Strikes Back; it's the perfect sequel. It expanded everything introduced in the original, but it didn't try to be the original, something that kills many movie franchises. It introduced new elements, new characters, and was bold enough to introduce new plot twists. So many things could have gone wrong with a sequel to Star Wars, but everything went right.

I don't like Return of the Jedi at all. It had the worst acting and worse script of, possibly, any of the Star Wars movies. The lose plotlines are wrapped up much too quickly, and by a lot of exposition. The only redeeming qualitys of Jedi are the space battle and the confrontation with the Emperor. I think, however, that the Prequels have made Jedi a better movie by giving the Emperor depth. Palpatine isn't overconfident; he's never been beaten before, so why should he be defeated now?
 Katarn07
01-09-2003, 5:33 PM
I know lots don't like this one a lot, but it is my #1 favorite, closely followed are the two tied at second, ESB and AotC. AotC isn't OT though.

ANH is so cool because it has Mos Eisely, a lot of Tatooine (one of the best planets), Obi-Wan is in it still, Jawas, Tuskens, Sandtroopers, and the Death Star.
 Scar Da Kookee
01-09-2003, 5:46 PM
yeah, but obi-wan does die in ANH...

sorta a drag seeing him in TPM and AOTC, but oh well ^_^
 Scar Da Kookee
01-09-2003, 5:46 PM
yeah, but obi-wan does die in ANH...

sorta a drag seeing him in TPM and AOTC, but oh well ^_^
 Katarn07
01-09-2003, 6:02 PM
You don't like Obi-Wan?
He is my 2nd favorite character. Han Solo is still my favorite! Always was, always will be.
 ckcsaber
01-09-2003, 7:52 PM
RotJ. The saber fight did it all. For me it was the most emotional scene in all the movies. Closly behind it were the "I am you father" scene and the scene where Anakin is holding his dead mother.

The RotJ saber duel was fantastic. The audience could clearly see all the moves. Slashes perries, cuts, riptoses, and the saber clash. Lukes outburst was very well done when he cut down Vader. And the Emporer laughing sadistcly was great. Of course there was also the space battles ^_^, but the duel was my fav.
 Scar Da Kookee
01-10-2003, 5:25 PM
yeah i love that scene
 Katarn07
01-10-2003, 6:13 PM
They're all great.

Best duel: Empire
Best emotional scene: Luke and Vader dialouge in RotJ, Anakin's redemption
Best Space Battle: RotJ (duh!)
Best Location: Tatooine (ANH)
Best Bounty Hunter scenes: Boba in ESB
BLABLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH.... It's all great
 SettingShadow
01-10-2003, 7:09 PM
ESB, I love the Hoth battle and how Han avoids the scanner/radar by hiding with the rest of the garbage, Bespin and the Luke vs Vader fight was very nice and yeah, I liked it all :)
 Jed
01-10-2003, 7:40 PM
I'm not sure....all I know is it's not ANH :p

Well, ROTJ has the most action and such, which makes it my fav....

But ESB has the Yoda vs. R2D2 fight....

:D
 lukeiamyourdad
01-10-2003, 9:40 PM
ESB and RotJ. Followed really close by ANH.
ESB because of one of the most famous lines in any movies ever made:

"I am your father".

RotJ because of the emotions you felt when Vader saves his son.

ANH because of that strange feeling of proud victory at the ceremony on Yavin 4 with the music and all.
 Rogue15
01-11-2003, 9:20 AM
ESB:

Carbon Freeze Chamber where the freeze han, while fett, chewie, lobot, vader, leia, and lando watch

Boba Fett kicks ass

Awesome Saber Duel

Battle of Hoth!!!

Star Destroyers

TIE Bombers

Leia in sexy hoth uniform

can anymore be said?!!?!?
 Scar Da Kookee
01-11-2003, 12:57 PM
too bad it was like 25 years ago (esb) :P
 Pad
01-13-2003, 10:20 AM
ESB is the best of the original trilogy followed by rotj and anh.

(reasons: see jedi monksґs post) ;)
 LiMP RABBiT
01-13-2003, 11:58 AM
I hated empire. It wasnt as big or exciting as any of the others.
 ET Warrior
01-13-2003, 12:09 PM
I'm gonna go with Empire, basically because it was where we first met Yoda...and Yoda is the man! I LOVE it when he tries to fight of R2 with a stick........it's priceless! :D
 Luuke_Skywalker
01-18-2003, 11:31 AM
i have to say ROTJ because the final luke-vader duel was priceless when you watch where vader taunts luke with leia and the music score as luke jumps out of the shadows and yells "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at vader and attacks with all his anger the music and the duel went hand in hand and was enough to send chills down my spine and give me goose bumps from the very first time i seen till present time no other scene from any of the OT has had that effect therefore i go with ROTJ
 Katarn07
01-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Still only one vote for ANH? Wow...

I like them all about equally, but there is still something really cool about ANH. Tatooine, for example...
 Thrackan Solo
01-21-2003, 2:15 PM
ESB Baby! in fact im watching it right now
 Darth Groovy
01-24-2003, 6:38 AM
I see my favorite film is winning! :D

*joins scareface in the ceremonial w00t!*
 Darth Talliusc
02-08-2003, 1:13 PM
ROTJ had the metal bikini. nuff said.
 Scar Da Kookee
02-08-2003, 2:01 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
*joins scareface in the ceremonial w00t!*

as much as it'll be cool for a ceremonial 'w00t!'

ITS S-C-A-R-F-A-C-E!!!
 Echuu Shen-Jon
02-15-2003, 5:08 PM
Oh, it's a hard choice. But ESB got my vote! It's just so cool. I can't tell why I like it, but there's something...
 nova_wolf
02-15-2003, 5:53 PM
ROTJ Death Star Assault at the Battle of Endor - THAT was the Alliance in action.

Would have been even BETTER if Beardy hadbut the B-Wings back in....

As players of XWA know, it was the B-Wings of Grey Squadron that gave their lives to clear the route out of the Death Star for Red and Gold Leader.

*mumbles something about Han shooting first as he wanders into the distance*
 dark jedi 8
02-15-2003, 11:32 PM
I think the best story was ESB, but the most action and coolest of them was ROTJ! ANH had a little of both and was a very good film too.
 Mex
02-18-2003, 8:01 AM
Return of the Jedi was the best.

It had alot of action, Boba Fett got swallowed by that wormy-thing by Han Solo and Luke saves the girl and the republic!
 Clemme w/Stick
02-18-2003, 9:42 AM
RotJ for me. Well, the reason I chose that was the saber fight and the fighter battle. I really love the saber fight in it, and its IMO the best ever! Hmm, yeah I think thats what I have to say here!

-Clemme
 TK-99
03-10-2003, 10:51 AM
I like ROTJ becuz of the endor battle and sorta ANH
Page: 1 of 1