Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hogwarts Beta Testing

Page: 1 of 1
 Eldritch
01-07-2003, 4:57 PM
I'm thinking of releasing part of Hogwarts as a duel map to get something out there to play with. If anyone is interested in beta testing, please respond. I'm only looking for 3-4 people to test it, and anyone who does will be welcome to beta test the entire map when it's done. Let me know if you're interested.
 SupremePain
01-07-2003, 6:47 PM
yeah ill test it, its looking very nice can you link me to some of the places on the map i will be testing? that is if i can test it :D
 Eldritch
01-07-2003, 6:58 PM
Originally posted by SupremePain
yeah ill test it, its looking very nice can you link me to some of the places on the map i will be testing? that is if i can test it :D

Sure, you can test it. The duel map will consist of the Entrance Hall (the 3 most recent screenshots are of the center of the Entrance Hall) and part of the surrounding areas.

EDIT:

The link would be nice... click me (http://www.hogwarts-wip.tk). The most recent screenshots are the ones at the bottom.
 Hellfire Jedi
01-07-2003, 7:11 PM
May i ^_^ beta?
 Wolfey
01-08-2003, 7:23 AM
I'm very interested!
 Eldritch
01-08-2003, 2:57 PM
Alrighty, Hellfire and Scouttrouper join the list of beta testers along with Supreme.

Wolfey, have you ever beta tested anything before? Because I need people that will explore every area, mess with everything, do anything possible to try and exploit bugs (if there are any) so I can fix them. If you think you're up to it, let me know.

As for the rest of you, I need all of your email addresses, so email me (click button below my post) and be sure to put your name in the Subject so I know who you are.
 Pnut_Man
01-08-2003, 8:58 PM
hmm.. If there are any more beta spots open then i'll test the map out. I can give you a feedback either here, email, or the zone.

My email: pnutmaster2003@yahoo.com
 Eldritch
01-09-2003, 12:59 AM
Sounds good Pnut.

Ok, I think that will be all the beta testers I need at this time. I'll recruit some more when the full map goes beta.

The list of beta testers is as follows:

SupremePain
Hellfire Jedi
Scouttrooper
Pnut_Master

And with me, that makes 5. Anyone who hasn't yet sent me an email so I have their address should do so.
 Hellfire Jedi
01-09-2003, 6:09 AM
blazoor@aol.com
Ty
 SupremePain
01-09-2003, 2:30 PM
you got my mail right?
 Eldritch
01-09-2003, 3:12 PM
Originally posted by SupremePain
you got my mail right?

Not yet. You can always post it here if you like.
 SupremePain
01-09-2003, 3:39 PM
um weird i sent you one.... ill PM my mail to you instead
 Eldritch
01-09-2003, 3:45 PM
Thanks Scout. By the way, how are the gargoyles coming?
 Eldritch
01-10-2003, 12:15 PM
Sounds good to me, Scout.

By the way, beta testers... i'm hoping to start beta testing by sometime next week. Just a couple more areas to add and throw in some basic bot routes and we should be good to go.
 Pnut_Man
01-12-2003, 10:54 PM
very good news
 El Sitherino
01-12-2003, 11:09 PM
id like to beta test this also.
 Eldritch
01-12-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
id like to beta test this also.

Originally posted by Aru-Wen
Ok, I think that will be all the beta testers I need at this time. I'll recruit some more when the full map goes beta.

Sorry, Sith. Remind me you'd like to test when the full map goes beta.
 El Sitherino
01-12-2003, 11:33 PM
ok. sorry i didnt see that part.
 Eldritch
01-13-2003, 1:58 AM
No problem, Sith. I'm glad you're interested.
 El Sitherino
01-13-2003, 5:28 PM
i have a question. are you gonna be able to get the stairs to move around like they did in the movie. if so i think it would make this the greatest non star wars map ever.
 Eldritch
01-13-2003, 7:33 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
i have a question. are you gonna be able to get the stairs to move around like they did in the movie. if so i think it would make this the greatest non star wars map ever.

I'm working on it. You should check out the Hogwarts thread in the Mapping Showcase forum for full details on how the map is progressing, though... there's more info there.
 El Sitherino
01-13-2003, 8:06 PM
ok ill do that.
 Eldritch
01-15-2003, 10:01 PM
Beta Testers :

I'm just putting the finishing touches on a questionnaire that will be included in the ZIP file. It is necessary that you fill this out as best you can so that it helps me to make the necessary improvements/changes/etc. Just email it to me (I will include my email address as part of it) when you have completed it. Hopefully you will get the map on Friday, which leaves the weekend for you to test it. Take as long as you need to test it, but I'm shooting to release an open beta of Hogwarts by sometime next week. My only other request to you is that you not send it to anyone, that you not host the file somewhere for people to download, and that you not really talk about it with anyone besides myself and the other beta testers. I know I don't really have to say all this, but I just wanted it to be clear. :)

The other question is - the ZIP file will likely weigh in at around 10+ MB, and I know that some of your email inboxes probably cannot handle files of that size. If they cannot, please let me know and I'll find somewhere to host it.

Thanks in advance,
Aru-Wen
 Pnut_Man
01-19-2003, 9:55 AM
Well I haven't gotten the map yet, and i've been wondering about the max size of emails i can download...
I'm pretty sure you could host the map on homestead, i've placed skinpacks over 10 megs on their servers before.
And if worst comes to worst, my aol name is XxPnutmanxX :)
 Eldritch
01-19-2003, 9:51 PM
Sorry, folks... I posted this on the thread in the Mapping Showcase, but forgot to post it here.
Unfortunately, due to college and work (mostly work) I was not able to get the map to a point where I wanted to send it to the beta testers (was aiming for today... err, yesterday now). I hope to get it to them at some point over this weekend. This shouldn't affect the release of the open beta too much - it'll probably be next weekend at the latest.

Work has wiped me out again, and I have been unable to put the finishing touches on the map. I will try to get it out ASAP... stay tuned to this thread for a message stating that I've sent the map out to all beta testers. I'm hoping it will be within the next day or so, but it will be sometime this week, come hell or high water. :D
 Eldritch
01-22-2003, 4:28 PM
Beta Testers :

You've been either emailed the file directly, or been given a link that you can download it from. The questionnaire I've prepared will follow shortly - please fill it out as best you can, and email it back to me at the email address provided in the readme file.

And so you know, there's a few hidden areas in the map - i'm not going to tell you how many there are, where they're at, or how to get them, but I'll give a special prize to anyone who can find them all.

In addition, the better weapons and more bacta/shields/items are to be found in the hidden areas, so it's in your best interests to look for them. :D

Have fun!

Aru-Wen
 Eldritch
01-23-2003, 8:29 PM
So far I've gotten an email from Scouttrooper confirming that he's gotten the map. If the rest of you haven't gotten an email from me, let me know - it was sent yesterday.
 Wolfey
01-27-2003, 6:08 AM
*After a long time with internett problems, Wolfey arrives the beta thread of the Hogwarts, again, after 1092069 years...*

Hello everyone. Wolfey, have you ever beta tested anything before? Because I need people that will explore every area, mess with everything, do anything possible to try and exploit bugs (if there are any) so I can fix them. If you think you're up to it, let me know. Errr, do u think i dont know what the hell beta testing means? :eyeraise: And, sorry for not lettin ya know. I was under some heavy internett problems at that time.......:(
Hows it goin with the testing guys?

Cheers!
 Eldritch
01-27-2003, 4:13 PM
Originally posted by Wolfey

Hows it goin with the testing guys?

I wouldn't know. I've heard back from only 2 people that they've even GOT the map, and only got a partial response from one of them.
I won't know what I should fix until I get their responses, so...
 Muuker
02-04-2003, 9:30 AM
When comes full version of Hogwarts map
 Eldritch
02-04-2003, 3:11 PM
It's gonna be awhile. I haven't even gotten feedback from the beta testers on the map yet.

I've gotten one partial response, and another saying that he's too lazy to answer the questions I asked (questions that, if answered, will help make the map better). I'm waiting for at least one actual response before I release this small section as a duel/ffa open beta. If you have problems with this, talk to the beta testers - you'll find their names in this thread.
 Pnut_Man
02-04-2003, 7:44 PM
Too lazy, thanks :P
I'm just really busy, seriously...
Damn Track...
 Eldritch
02-04-2003, 9:27 PM
I didn't name any names. :p

I'm sure you're busy, but most of those questions are simple yes/no answers. At most it would take 5 minutes to complete and it helps me to get specific feedback on the map, which is kinda the point of beta testing. "The map is great, no major problems" is nice to hear, but it doesn't help me improve.

Oh, and Scout, I just got your email. To answer your question, the guns in the dark areas do not count as hidden weapons. They're just not in obvious locations. The more powerful weapons and pickups are in secret passages, acessible by pressing the 'Use' button (just like you would to open a door) - but you do have to know where they are. ;)
 __CKY__
02-04-2003, 10:04 PM
If you want someone else to beta I'm always here 4 ya lmao :D I know its full but with all the peoplento replying just letting you know :)
 Eldritch
02-04-2003, 10:28 PM
I appreciate the offer. Perhaps when the full version is ready for beta testing you'll still be available. As it is, I'm going to try and finish up this small duel map version soon so I can release it and get to work on the rest of the map.
 __CKY__
02-04-2003, 11:55 PM
Awesome :D
 Altus_Thrawn
02-27-2003, 8:40 PM
I knew I should have dropped in here...too bad. I was the bumper of the Hogwarts wip thread way back when, when it was still in the mapping forum..oh the good times.
Page: 1 of 1