Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wraith Squadron ROCKS!

Page: 1 of 1
 Wraith 8
01-07-2003, 4:19 AM
Hi there.. and let me be the first to say... well... ok

FIRST! :p

Have any of you read the books? i think they realy rock... ofcourse you can see by my user name that i like them :D
Garik the Face Loran is my favorite... it used to be Kell in the first book.. but after Iron Fist.... i realy thought Garik was cool.

BTW.. if you are interested in seeing my site? its called Wraith Squadron:
Wraith Squadron (http://www.geocities.com/wraith_squadron_8/)

i have to update it tho :D

-Wraith 8-
 SPY_jmr1
01-07-2003, 4:00 PM
phooey on you, RUNT ROXORZ YOUR BOXORZ!!! :D

[/1337]

I think loran is cool also:P

SECOND!
 Ewok Hunter
01-07-2003, 10:15 PM
bah. sorry to say it but 181st < j00 :D :p

was that how it went?

anyway :tied:s are much more versatile than :x-wing:s. i'd quote what wedge said in IR but i don't know where i put it. :(.

third:D
 Ratmjedi
01-07-2003, 11:04 PM
I thought that Wraith was an ok Squadron. I personally liked Rogue Squadron the most but that is because of their reputation and accomplishments. I have only read about 2 of the Wraith books so I don't know everything about them. I have checked out your site though and I liked it. Nice Work man. :thumbsup:

:lsduel: :duel:
 Wraith 8
01-08-2003, 6:20 AM
@ SPY_jmr1: LOL i never met a person who loike Runt before :D he was cool tho... but i never met a fan :D

@ Ewok Hunter: uhmmm i i remember correctly.. the name of the 181st are metioned in the Wraith Squad books... but they are not the REAL 181st... so... in this case.. Wraith Squadron OWNZ you :D

@ Ratmjedi: thanks man. :)
 Rogue Nine
01-08-2003, 9:20 AM
Wraith Squadron certainly was the funniest bunch of X-wing pilots cobbled together. Granted, that never would've happened if Wedge had had Hobbie in the Squadron instead of Wes Janson, but let's count our blessings for that. :p

Personally, I find myself liking Tyria and Face. Tyria for her never say die attitude and she's always striving to improve herself. Face because he's a natural leader like Wedge, only funnier.
 ZBomber
01-08-2003, 3:38 PM
*has always been wondering why his name was Wraith *;)
 Wraith 8
01-08-2003, 6:20 PM
@ Niner: yeah.. Aaron Aalston made Wes a real commedian.. i loved it. Yub Yub commander.

@ Zbomber: well now you know :D
I have been on the Lucasforums:
Wraith 5
Wraith 9

and now and finally: Wraith 8 :D
 Ewok Hunter
01-08-2003, 6:35 PM
well whats-his-name was a preatty decent pilot. heh he even fooled wedge into thinking he was Fel. but the real 181st is the best, that is after dictorite (Sp) quit commanding and instead went into running a black market op for old alderaanian products
 ZBomber
01-08-2003, 7:47 PM
3 different accounts, or 3 name changes?
 Wraith 8
01-09-2003, 12:36 PM
well i had Wraith 5 as an acount
and Wraith 9 as an acount

when the forums merged i only could use Wraith 9 cause a nother Wraith 5 excisted before my first join.

i later changed Wraith 9 to Wraith 8... because i saw i had the wrong number for my favorite Char :D
 Darth Simpson
01-09-2003, 5:18 PM
They're among the best of the EU books, I'll agree to that!

Kell is probably my favourite.
 Wraith 8
01-09-2003, 5:24 PM
To each his own :D :p
 ZBomber
01-09-2003, 7:44 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
well i had Wraith 5 as an acount
and Wraith 9 as an acount

when the forums merged i only could use Wraith 9 cause a nother Wraith 5 excisted before my first join.

i later changed Wraith 9 to Wraith 8... because i saw i had the wrong number for my favorite Char :D

Did you get your posts?

I don't feel like reading books, so I'll just say I did. :p
 boinga1
01-09-2003, 9:49 PM
wraiths are okay...although Rogue or the real 181st would wup them in the air, They are the most versatile...and for the record, i like Kell.
 Parrakarry
01-10-2003, 4:56 PM
I thought there was only one Wraith book...
 Redwing
01-11-2003, 2:24 AM
Why am I not surprised you posted this :D

Yes. I like Wraith Squadron. ;) I can't decide my favorite chara tho...
 Rogue15
01-11-2003, 8:42 AM
i liked that bothan pilot, but he freaking got himself killed. :mad:
 Wraith 8
01-12-2003, 5:38 PM
@ Zbomber: yes

@ boinga1: most likely yeah... but as you know... they werent a realy fighter squadron.. more of a commande squadron.

@ Parrakarry: nope.... 3 books
x-wing book number 5. Wraith Squadron
x-wing book number 6. Iron Fist
x-wing book number 7. Solo Command

@ Redwing: hey .... how could i not do this :D... i'd be sick or dieing if i didnt :p

@ Rogue 15:
Eurrsk Thri'ag
this Bothan male, a native of the planet Bothawui, was one of the first pilots to make the grade and serve with Wraith Squadron. Among the members of the squadron, he was known as "Grinder." He distinguished by his silvery fur, and became the squadron's code-slicer and one of the best of their practial jokers. In the battle that destroyed the Implacable over Ession, Grinder took a laser blast from the dying Star Destroyer and was killed.
 Skinkie
01-14-2003, 10:19 PM
Elassar Targon was probably my favorite Wraith, his superstitions cracked me up.
 Keiran Halcyon
01-16-2003, 12:08 PM
And who said I was obsesed by Corran Horn? :D

ANyways Wraith, you said you would not read NJO Books, but i think that Behind Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream and II Rebel Stand may involve Wraith Squadron, since they are named in Star by Star and Aaron Alston is the writer...

Ask guys here who had ream them, i have only read as far as Star by Star yet.
 Wraith 8
01-16-2003, 4:32 PM
cool.. i think i will do that :D thanks Kieran
 Rogue Nine
01-17-2003, 1:12 AM
Ooh...an NJO book by Aaron Allston may actually salvage something out of that series. Those books by Stackpole certainly didn't.
 Admiral
01-17-2003, 1:35 AM
The Ewok was the best character even if he wasn't a true one. (Funniest part was when Wedge had to dress up like one).
 Keiran Halcyon
01-20-2003, 2:43 PM
Originally posted by Rogue Nine
Ooh...an NJO book by Aaron Allston may actually salvage something out of that series. Those books by Stackpole certainly didn't.

We'll he salvaged Corran Horn , as a Jedi, that's what i liked XD
Page: 1 of 1