Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Matt-Liell's Legolas Model

Page: 1 of 5
 Matt-Liell
01-05-2003, 2:32 PM
Well after months of requesting it i finally took the initiative and started makin a Legolas model. I've heard alot of people say they wanted one too so this is for you LotR fans! Heres is the deal, i'm basing it off the Exar Kun model but i have one problem, i've been unable to contact the creators, so i will need to do that in order to make this model "LEGAL" so if anybody can help me there i would appreciate it.

Secondly i'm using gmax to make the model so i will need a kind person who has 3DSM to help me put this model ingame. On that note lets see what i've done shall we?

I've been working for 2 hours and this is what i have so far, it's not much but expect more soon!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mattliell/wipleoglas4.jpg)
http://members.lycos.co.uk/mattliell/wipleoglas2.jpg)
http://members.lycos.co.uk/mattliell/wipleoglas1.jpg)
http://members.lycos.co.uk/mattliell/wipleoglas3.jpg)
 boinga1
01-05-2003, 2:35 PM
looks good Matt-liell-the face needs much more detail, as i'm sure you know.
 Matt-Liell
01-05-2003, 2:37 PM
ya i know i'm going to try to get the body right and then edit the face some more.
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 2:39 PM
if you need anyhelp im here for ya. it looks really good. i give it 2 sabers up :saberb::saberb:
 Matt-Liell
01-05-2003, 3:10 PM
thanks isanesith, and about helping could you try to track sombody down who has 3DSM like you did for the helmetless jango model so he can UVUnwrap my model and get it ingame when im done?
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 3:16 PM
yeah i can do that. oh would you mind if me and boinga use the legolas model in the LOTR mod.
:edit ill see if ronin would help out with this:
 Matt-Liell
01-05-2003, 3:21 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
oh would you mind if me and boinga use the legolas model in the LOTR mod.

if i get the credit for him and on one other condition:mad: .................................................. .............................
You let me use your Legolas swords to put in a pack with him when i realse him!:p
 mariners2001
01-05-2003, 3:23 PM
looks very nice matt. glad to see you are attempting modeling! one suggestion would be to change the jaw structure because it looks way too much right now like exar kun and not legolas. if you change the face a bit it'll be spot on though! great job!
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 3:23 PM
yeah i can send em to you. one thing though i have no maps for them or skins of anykind.
 Matt-Liell
01-05-2003, 5:02 PM
Alright UPDATES!:D

I fixed his face as you said to do mariners2001, his shirt and i also edited his cloak skirt thingy cause his leg was showing through and it looks much better now, and i flipped his (man i know it but i forgot the word:mad::p) oh well his bow carrying thingy because it was on the wrong side.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mattliell/wiplegolas1.jpg)

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mattliell/wiplegolas2.jpg)
 boinga1
01-05-2003, 5:05 PM
ummmm can't see the pics and matt I sent you a PM with the bot route tutorial.
 Matt-Liell
01-05-2003, 5:07 PM
thats strange neither can i, i'll change em' to url links!

EDIT: Lycos is down or something, i'll post em' on my old site just hang on a minute!
 Matt-Liell
01-05-2003, 5:28 PM
 mariners2001
01-05-2003, 5:55 PM
great job! the face looks perfect now!

my only suggestion now would be to shrink the head 5-10% and possibly re-adjust the eyes to not make him look evil (but that's not that important)

can't wait to see your skin!
 Matt-Liell
01-05-2003, 5:58 PM
It's looking really good now isn't it? Pretty good for my first model wouldn't you say? And ya he does look evil at this point but with the skin it won't matter.

EDIT: Isanesith, could you send me those swords btw! I'll add skins to them for you!
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 6:20 PM
that looks great. if you could try and fix the arrows though with the quills being flat is that ok. also when you get it fixed up and rigged in game could i beta test?
 Arkum
01-05-2003, 6:21 PM
GOOD! Just add lots of details to the hair and face (I'm sure you know what to do). When you're finished with this, do a Gimli or Aragorn or Boromir model, just something!!!!

OK, Im too excited, let me calm down.
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 6:22 PM
Originally posted by Arkum
GOOD! Just add lots of details to the hair and face (I'm sure you know what to do). When you're finished with this, do a Gimli or Aragorn or Boromir model, just something!!!!

OK, Im too excited, let me calm down.
gimli is being made already.
 Pyro638
01-05-2003, 6:27 PM
Ok im sorry to sound noobish but i havent been to the forums in a while and i have a couple questions.

1 - What are those points under your posts?

2 - How do you get your name to glow (like insanesith, matt liell, etc..)

3 - when are these guys comin outttt???? :D hehe
 Matt-Liell
01-05-2003, 6:32 PM
Originally posted by Pyro638

3 - when are these guys comin outttt???? :D hehe

your other question are really off-topic but i'll answer them,
everytime you post you get 2 points and if you go to the lucasforum homepage and go to the store you can buy stuff like a glowing name.

Now for your third question be patient, i just started this 4 hours ago, and i haven't found anyone to help me get it ingame yet so again be patient then you'll be able to use my *cough, cough* my fabulous Legolas model!
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 6:38 PM
ok matt sent the sword.
 Pyro638
01-05-2003, 6:39 PM
Haha sorry like I said - havent been back in a while....thanks for the info :thumbsup:
 Matt-Liell
01-05-2003, 6:41 PM
ok matt sent the sword.

Thanks any luck finding someone to help me? I asked Toonces but i haveb't heard back yet! :(
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 6:43 PM
ronin hasnt been on yet. and yeah toonces is busy busy busy with the ep2 obi model he makin.
 Jo
01-05-2003, 6:56 PM
looks great matt ol' buddy..seeing as im a legolas fan myself..im definately getting this model when its finished and making an sp converstion
 Matt-Liell
01-05-2003, 7:20 PM
Don't worry about converting him to SP i'll release an SP version!
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 7:24 PM
hey matt as soon as you skin the sword can you send me a copy back so i can make it mod compatible and possibly post it on my site in a members only section for download.
 Matt-Liell
01-05-2003, 7:29 PM
sure it'll be done i'd say in 4-5 days sound good?
 boinga1
01-05-2003, 7:35 PM
matt i sent you a PM about the bot route tutorial...you get it?
 ZBomber
01-05-2003, 8:04 PM
Wow! Nice Matt! :thumbsup:
 Matt-Liell
01-05-2003, 8:27 PM
Originally posted by boinga1
matt i sent you a PM about the bot route tutorial...you get it?

Ya thanks!

UPDATES!

I made the straps that attach his bow pack to his chest.

www.geocities.com/yaduskins/wiplegolas2.html)
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 9:33 PM
Originally posted by Matt-Liell
sure it'll be done i'd say in 4-5 days sound good?
yeah that sounds good.
 Kain
01-05-2003, 11:20 PM
hey matt as soon as you skin the sword can you send me a copy back so i can make it mod compatible and possibly post it on my site in a members only section for download.

NO NO SITH!! i want a copy of em when they're done too :( or atleast when they're mod compatable!!:D

Legolas is the best friggin yea this side of Gondor...er...wherever you are :confused: ...the only problem is that my damn Legolas figure keeps falling OVER!! DAMN YOU TOYBIZ!!...oh yea, are you gonna make one where he's in rohan armor and one where the quiver *yanno, bow holding thingy* is kinda cocked to the side...so as not to block your line of vision as much? even if you dont this model ****in rocks! GO MATT!!!
 Kain
01-05-2003, 11:23 PM
is anyone making a legolas bow mod to replace the bowcaster? that'd be cool too. and i believe this has been asked before, but i'm not sure, but is there a website for a LoTR TC?
 El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 11:24 PM
you can become a member of my site. and ill give you access to it but ill only allow 5 people access to any of the stuff in the personal folders ok. and keep up the good work matt.
thank you for bringin back gir MydnightPsion
 Kain
01-06-2003, 12:15 AM
hey np. where do i sign up at?
 El Sitherino
01-06-2003, 2:13 AM
click the www button to go to my site.
 [JKZ]_Yun
01-06-2003, 6:25 AM
nice model yadu (Matt-Liell)
keep the good working http://www.lucasforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif)
 Matt-Liell
01-06-2003, 7:39 AM
Alright i'm almost ready for someone with 3DSM to put him ingame and get the skinmaps done so i can skin it, pretty much everything on the model is done and the rest can be done with a skin. I'm going to add a seperate skin for the model, a Mordor Elf i've already planned it and it's going to look amazing! So please if you have 3DSM please help me by making the skinmaps and putting Legolas ingame, as you can see you will be helping in putting one of the most highly anticipated models in jk2 so please help me if you can!

If you can help reply here!

EDIT: Don't worry guys i'm still making him look mre like Legolas so don't think i'm leaving this model just like in the screenshots but i would like to recruit someone to help now so i can send it when i'm done, get in ingame and starting to skin him right away!
 Hekx
01-06-2003, 2:38 PM
You could also try some variations of the model (if needed) for Lord Elrond and Haldir. :)

I don't think there's a LOTR:TC mod site; but I'd be willing to help out bring the excellence of LOTR to JKII. ;)

Looks good Matt-Liell. :thumbsup:
 Matt-Liell
01-06-2003, 3:21 PM
Originally posted by Hиkx Nтxъ

but I'd be willing to help out bring the excellence of LOTR to JKII. ;)

Looks good Matt-Liell. :thumbsup:

So you could get him tagged and get him ingame is that what you are saying? is so PM me and i'll give you the details!

EDIT: In the mean time while i'm whating for a response from Hиkx Nтxъ if you could also get him in game and skinmapped let me know!
 El Sitherino
01-06-2003, 4:10 PM
cant wait matt legolas is so cool.
 Matt-Liell
01-06-2003, 4:16 PM
UPDATES!

I edited his cloak skirt thing to make it less box like, in the following pic i highlighted it green so you can see very well how it was changed and there is a comparison pic below!

www.geocities.com/yaduskins/wiplegolas3.html)
 Matt-Liell
01-06-2003, 8:00 PM
Alright the model is nearly done and I really need someone to help me get it ingame and to do the skinmaps, I haven't heard back from Toonces or Hиkx Nтxъ so if you can help please post here!
 morphius_doh
01-07-2003, 2:27 PM
I think the lower part of the nose needs some work; it's too flat and wide (almost that of an African-American's nose.)
 Matt-Liell
01-07-2003, 5:19 PM
Ya I was going to edit the facial features last but I need someone to help me get it ingame first.
 Matt-Liell
01-07-2003, 8:36 PM
I am getting more and more depressed everyday. To all who read this and want to see Legolas ingame I am sad to say that IF noone with 3D studio max will help me get him ingame then Legolas will not be able to be released. So please if you can do this help me get my first model ingame. So many people are waiting for this and if you have any heart you will help me!:(
I'll give you points, i'll give you credit. ANY MODELER OUT THERE PLEASE HELP ME TO SKINMAP HIM AND GET HIM INGAME! PLLLLEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSEEE!:(
 El Sitherino
01-07-2003, 9:05 PM
if noone gets it ingame after ronin gets my models ingame he will help you. oh and check the gmax thread you made.
 boinga1
01-07-2003, 9:38 PM
Matt-liell!! Calm down! It's not the end of the world! Please...have some patience.
 Matt-Liell
01-08-2003, 6:48 PM
No but it is pretty hard on me to do all that work for nothing!

Btw, i'd appreciate it Insanesith if you'd talk to ronin!
Page: 1 of 5