Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Quick & Easy doesn't see its own images

Page: 1 of 1
 zebulon
01-03-2003, 1:48 AM
Hi everyone ! :max:

This morning, I installed VDMSound + Update 1 + Launchpad + LEC Q&E. I restarted my computer, and when I launched Q&E, it said it didn't find the .gif / .ico files, although they displayed fine right after the installation. I uninstalled the soft, restarted again, then re-installed it and I had the same message "can't find (image file)". I checked and every pic is in the /images subdirectory. So what's wrong ?
The app is installed in C:\Program Files\Quick and Easy

Btw, is it necessary to restart Win XP after every installation ?
 bgbennyboy
01-03-2003, 4:09 AM
Its not normally necessary no.
Anyway, my bad, sounds like you're starting it from the start menu. I messed up the installer so the start menu shortcut doesnt work properly.

To fix, either start from the desktop shortcut or alter the properties of the shortcut in the start menu so the 'start in' box reads the path where q+e is installed, in your case
"C:\Program Files\Quick and Easy"

You see at the moment when it runs off that shortcut its running from the start menu, so when it looks for the \images subdirectory it cant find it.
 zebulon
01-03-2003, 2:40 PM
OK, thank you very much ! :D I reinstall Q&E and try that...
Page: 1 of 1