Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Sanguine Star

Page: 1 of 2
 Gaalgoth
12-28-2002, 2:43 PM
((OOC: I'm bored so I'm going to start another RPG. Anyone's welcome, just preferably no Jedi...they're so annoying. The Star is incredibly powerful and linked with high members of the Empire))

The zabrak crawled on his belly through the underbrush of Endor. This was the third day of his hunt on the planet. He was a bounty hunter by profession, known as Varan Ashard. He was of average height with a wiry build; he'd worked several odd jobs throughout his life but usually wound up either hunting bounties or as a bouncer to whatever shady nightclub needed a hand. He was neither Imperial nor Rebel. He held both factions in disdain, The Imperials being mindless drones to repetition and order and the Rebels being fanatics for a lost cause. His prey was the head of intelligence for the Sanguine Star, one of the most powerful crime organizations in the galaxy.
Varan pulled out his binoculars and peered through the foliage at the criminal camp. He could see seven tents in a circle around a fire with 13 humanoids sitting or standing around it. Varan didn't see the one he was looking for. As he lowered the binocular he felt a cold cylinder against the back of his head. A gruff voice spoke.

Voice
Well what do we have here? The boss doesn't like spies.

Varan
Well what the boss doesn't know won't hurt him, will it?

Varan grabbed the man's ankle and tugged it, pulling the man off his feet. He dropped his blaster to the ground and Varan quickly spun around grabbed him in a headlock. He twisted and felt the man's neck snap with a satisfying crunch. Hiding the body in the underbrush, Varan scaled a nearby tree and continued his watch over the camp, waiting for his move.
 JoKen
12-29-2002, 2:50 AM
OOC: OK, theres nothing wrong with another RPG...

A tall man quietly strides up behind him.

Man: Well, Varan, I see you haven't lost your touch.
 Thew Rydur
12-29-2002, 5:10 AM
OOC: I'll post in a day or to, I have to decide if I should use Thew Rydur or another character (Zabrak smuggler) . Any preference?
 Redwing
12-29-2002, 11:14 AM
((Look who's back ;)

Guessing this is SWG-time?))
 Gaalgoth
12-29-2002, 11:50 AM
OOC: Thew- no preference, Red- yeah it is.))

Varan looks down in the direction of the voice
Varan
Keep your head down, if you blow my cover I swear--

Voice
Calm down Varan, I'm not going to blow your cover.

He skillfully climbs the tree and finds a perch next to Varan

Figure
So who are you after?

Varan
I don't see him yet, but he's down in the camp. He's with the Sangui--

Cutting Varan off is the shouting of the men followed by a massive barrage of lasers. Varan is hit in the left shoulder and falls off the tree, hitting the ground hard. The man comes down beside him and lifts him up. The two men run as fast as they can.

Man
Varan, follow me!

The two run into the wilderness, followed close behind by the Sanguine Star.
 JoKen
12-29-2002, 4:26 PM
Figure: My ship's right over that hill!

*Pulls out a comlink*

Figure: LEEJO, start warming up the engines, Things could get messy!

LEEJO: Just how messy are we talking sir?

Figure: Real messy!

Varan: So, what's the plan?

Figure: We run to my ship, get in the turrets, and blast our way outta here! Then, we land somewhere else and approach them from a different angle.
 JoKen
12-29-2002, 4:39 PM
OOC: Thew, I think you should stay as Thew Ryder. My character already knows Thew and it would be easier to fit you into the story that way.
 Gaalgoth
12-29-2002, 5:31 PM
((OOC: JoKen, I have no problem with you joining in, but I think that Thew was the figure....))
 Thew Rydur
12-29-2002, 5:49 PM
OOC: Thats alright I can just kinda throw my char. in.

IC:
As Varan and JoKen dash past they catch a glipse of a shadowy figure. They see him holding some type of long object with two hands.

*Crack! Crack! *

As they hear the noise they see two of the Sanguine thugs stumble and fall. Then the man turns around:

Man: (with a smirk) How are you boys doing?
 Wraith 8
12-30-2002, 3:39 AM
OOC: *consider this thread stuck*
 JoKen
12-30-2002, 5:36 AM
OOC: Sorry, Gaalgoth, I thought you were talking about my character.

IC:
Man 1: Thew, is that you?

Before the man can reply they find themselves under a barrage of blasterfire.

Varan: You two distract them while I climb that tree over there. Then we'll get 'em!
 Thew Rydur
12-30-2002, 5:58 AM
*Tosses the projectile rifle aside and pulls out matching heavy blasters from his shoulder holst*

Thew: Hahaha!

*Starts moving backward towards cover while firing*
 JoKen
12-30-2002, 6:53 AM
Man: *mimics Thew's move with his own two blasters* Now Varan, go!

Varan skillfully climbs a tree and finds a perch where he could get the perfect shot when a thug notices him and takes a shot at Varan. The shot misses him but hits his blaster, disabling it.

Varan: My blaster's damaged, I need another weapon!

Man: *Tosses a grenade to Varan* Here!

Varan: Thanks!

Varnan throws the grenade at the Sanguine Star, and then jumps down t the ground

Thew: C'mon!

They run to a hill and start to climb it. As they reach the top, Thew notices that the grenade didn't stop the Sanguine Star, and they were now in pursuit.

Thew: Don't look now, but they're still chasing us.

Man: Don't worry, my ship's just down there!
 Thew Rydur
12-30-2002, 7:23 AM
OOC: I know your kinda new at this JoKen, so for future reference try not to use other peoples characters too much.
 JoKen
12-30-2002, 7:34 AM
OOC: Ok, sorry.
 Gaalgoth
01-06-2003, 6:23 PM
They reach the top of the hill and looking down see the ship.

Varan
You guys get on down there, I'm going to try and hold them back.

The two men run to the ship as Varan dives behind a rock. He takes a deep breath and pulling his spare blasters from his holster spins from behind the rock just as the Star reach the crest of the hill. The butt of his left hand blaster catches a man in the face, sending him to the ground. He carries on with the spin, catching another in the throat with the toe of his boot and bringing the heel down on the throat of the first man. Varan falls to the ground, missing the blasts directed at him. He lets off three blasts, each catching a man in the forehead. In a rising spin he catches yet another man with the butt of a pistol and unloads to shots into him as he goes down. While shooting this man another Star member comes up alongside him and hits him in the gut with the stock of his rifle, then once more in the face as Varan hunched forward. Varan is knocked off his feet and on his back when a massive blast sends the man flying. More blasts fly hitting four more men as the rest run for cover. Varan turns and looks in the direction of the blasts and sees a ship. A door opens revealing Thew

Thew
Varan, jump!

Varan scrambles to his feet and makes a running leap towrds the ship, catching Thew's hand as the ship rises into the clouds. Thew pulls Varan into the ship and the door closes.
 Thew Rydur
01-06-2003, 10:25 PM
As Varan stumbles aboard

*extends hand to help Varan up*

Thew: So tell me Varan what brings you to Endor?
 JoKen
01-07-2003, 7:14 AM
JoKen: *Yells from cockit* Varan's hunting down one of the Sanguine Star's members. By the way Varan, do you have a ship around here somewhere or would you like to hitch a ride with me to Ord Mantell?
 Gaalgoth
01-07-2003, 5:46 PM
Varan
No, my ship isn't here, I snuck aboard their ship. I guess I'll ride with you, I need a place to lay low while I plot my next move.
 Thew Rydur
01-07-2003, 6:13 PM
Thew: Alright.... Ord Mantell... hey wait a minute. Joken? your gonna need to set me down..... my fighters still on the surface.
 JoKen
01-07-2003, 8:54 PM
JoKen: Got it Thew. I already see it. *Sets down his ship next to Thew's* Be quick though, i've got three bogies 5 kilometers from here, and they're moving in fast!
 Thew Rydur
01-08-2003, 6:24 PM
Thew: Alright.. I'll see you on Ord Mantell... my fighters got a hyperdrive.

*Dashes out of the ship towards his fighter*
 JoKen
01-08-2003, 7:40 PM
JoKen: See you there Thew! *Takes off* Varan, those bogies are getting a bit close, can you hold 'em off in the turrets?
 Gaalgoth
01-11-2003, 1:20 PM
Varan
You got it JoKen.

Varan walks back to the turret and straps himself in. Seeing a bgey coming in on his right, He lets loose a hail of blasts and sends it crashing back down to earth in flames. A second and then a third fly close by, each ending in the same manner. The ship breaches the atmosphere and a few moments later Varan heres JoKen's voice

JoKen
Prepare to jump to lightspeed!

Varan leans back in his chair and feels the ship rock backwards. Suddenly he fels a jerk in his spine that quickly spreads to the rest of his body. Varan always hated the initial feeling of lightspeed, but he knew his body would adjust to it momentarily.
 Thew Rydur
01-11-2003, 2:23 PM
Blaster fire pings off the fighter as Thew dives into the cockpit. He immediately takes off then circles back. In a sweeping manuever he flys low over the thugs and lets loose a barrage of blaster fire. Heading for the atmosphere, Thew sees a blinking light on his radar screen. All of the sudden his fighter shakes violently as it is struck with blaster fire. A Y-Wing appears on the horizon in front of Thew. He dives down beneath it, and then fires a few blasts at its underside. The Y-Wing to slow to manuever quickly plummets to the surface. Thew then heads out of the atmosphere and into hyperspace.
 JoKen
01-12-2003, 6:59 PM
JoKen: Nice work Varan! If you want, you can use my quarters. It's the door next to your seat.
 Gaalgoth
01-13-2003, 5:54 PM
Varan gets up out of the seat and walks towards the door.

Varan
Thanks, I need a rest.
 JoKen
01-13-2003, 9:39 PM
*A sudden jerk wakes Varan*

JoKen: Hey Varan, we've arrived at Ord Mantell.
 Thew Rydur
01-13-2003, 10:26 PM
*Over the comlink*

Thew: About time you boys showed up. Where are we planning on docking?
 Gaalgoth
01-13-2003, 10:32 PM
At the jerk Varan grabs his blaster and points it at JoKen. He doesn't recognize him at first and shoves the barrel against his forehead. The cool of the steel and look in Varan's eyes sends a tingle down JoKen's spine. This might have been a mistake.

JoKen
Easy Varan, we;re here...easy man...

Varan's eyes suddenly seem to light up and relax. The pressure from behind the gun subsides and Varan drops his hand to his side.

Varan
Sorry about that, instincts and all.

Varan slaps JoKen's shoulder jovialy and walks out of the cabin humming to himself. JoKen watches him suspiciously.
 JoKen
01-14-2003, 5:45 PM
As soon as Varans gone, JoKen opens the comlink with Thew's ship.

JoKen: Hey Thew, I don't trust Varan. He just tried to kill me. Then he seemed to recognize me, and walked off to the lounge as merrilly as if he'd just finished his fifth mug of Corellian Ale at the Offworlders'.
 Thew Rydur
01-14-2003, 5:58 PM
*Chuckles to self*

Thew: I wouldn't worry about it to much, Varan can be a littlle strange sometimes, but I don't think he's ever killed anyone... Not unintentionally anyway.
 Gaalgoth
01-14-2003, 7:23 PM
JoKen opens the door and exits the room, walking towards the door out of the ship. A hand grabs his shoulder

Varan
What took you so long?

JoKen
You were waiting?

Varan
Of course. What kind of a guest would I be if I were to leave without my host? This is your ship, not mine after all. I'd expect the same courtesy from anyone who rode on my ship.
By the way, a Corellian ale sounds good. I don't know about five though.

JoKen
You heard?

Varan
I wouldn't be much of a bounty hunter if I couldn't eavesdrop now and again.

JoKen
Well then do you mind telling me wha the hell was going on back there?

Varan
Nothing to worry about. Just don't ever shake me like that. Got it? Now lets go get that ale.
 JoKen
01-14-2003, 8:55 PM
JoKen: Umm... Varan, the Offworlders' cantina is on Corellia... I don't exactly know where the nearest Cantina is here on Ord Mantell... Sure I've been here before, but never to buy a drink... Not that I drink anyway... I only drink juice, water, and other non-alcholic drinks... I only drink Corellian Ale on special occasions, but not in large amounts... And anyway, what happened to you? Do you suffer from a form of amnesia or something? I don't want to be around when it happens again...
 Gaalgoth
01-14-2003, 9:09 PM
Varan stiffens at the mention of the Offworlder's Cantina and then relaxes. when he turns back around he has a grin on his face.

Varan
Just don't make any sudden movements and you'll be fine
 JoKen
01-14-2003, 9:12 PM
JoKen: Alright, whatever... Now, like you said, let's go get you some Corellian Ale...
 Thew Rydur
01-15-2003, 3:03 PM
Thew: You guys alright over there? Where are we gonna meet?
 JoKen
01-15-2003, 5:22 PM
JoKen: You know of any good catinas around here?
 Thew Rydur
01-17-2003, 8:53 PM
Thew sets his fighter down in a docking bay.

Thew: Yeah, I know a few. Why don't you meet me at the Two Moon Cantina in about 4 hours, I've got some business to attend to first.

Before JoKen can reply all he can hear over the comm is static.

Thew: Damn! He found me.

Thew hops out of the fighter as graps a small blaster carbine from the N-1's small cargo compartment. Then he looks toward one of the corners of the docking bay to see seven figures walk out of the shadows. One of the group, a shady looking Chiss with a scarred face, steps ahead of the rest. They are all armed to the teeth.

Chiss: Well Thew looks like its time to pay up. The Boss doesn't like people who skip out on jobs.

Thew: Skip out on jobs? I don't really consider murdering a moisture farmer a job.

At that comment all of the other figures in the group; two Trandoshans, two Humans, a Rodian, and an Aqualish aim their weapons at Thew. At the same time Thew drops the rifle and pulls out his two DT-12 heavy blasters from his shoulder holsters.
 JoKen
01-17-2003, 9:02 PM
JoKen runs into the lounge and grabs his twin blasters and beam cutter rifle.

JoKen: Varan, I think Thew's in trouble. You comin'?
 Gaalgoth
01-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Varan
One step ahead of you.

Varan draws a blater with his left hand and a vibro-blade with his right and runs into the docking bay. A barrage of lasers greet him and in a diving roll he hides behind the wheel of a ship.

((OOC: feel free to rp me.))
 Thew Rydur
01-18-2003, 10:29 AM
OOC: I thought we were in different hangars, but I'll go with it.

As Varan attacks Thew shoots also. The Aqualish and one of the Rodians go down from their combined fire. Thew starts backing into an alley, when all of the sudden he feels his legs being swept of from under him. Before he has time to react a small dark creature is standing over him with a blaster. The Chiss, who had just snuck away from the firefight walks into the alley from another direction.

Chiss: Hahaha, you won't be getting away this time Thew.

Thew grasps a blaster from under his coat.

Chiss: Put the weapon on the deck Thew, do you really think I'm that stupid?

The Chiss then raises his own weapon, flicks it to stun, then shoots Thew twice. The small creature and the Chiss drag Thew away as the battle rages on in the hangar.
 JoKen
01-18-2003, 11:08 AM
JoKen watches as Thew is dragged away.

JoKen: Varan, they've got Thew! you finish them off while I follow his captors!

JoKen runs off into the allyway.
 Gaalgoth
01-18-2003, 4:41 PM
Varan
You're mine now!

Varan laughs out loud and then in a sudden burst of speed runs from around the side of wheel and empties his clip, killing the first trandoshan. The second takes aim at Varan and Varan throws the blaster at him, hitting his hand so that both guns go flying. Spinning the dagger he cuts of the trandoshan's hand and then plunges it into his chest. Turning around Varan drops to one knee and pulling his second heavy blaster out with his right hand and a smaller light blaster in his left he takes out the two humans that were left standing. Varan spins both worund his finger, drops the empty magazines and reloads them, as well as the previously emptied one. removing the vibro-blade from the trandoshan's chest he picks up one of the smuggler's dropped rifles and runs after JoKen and Thew.
 Thew Rydur
01-18-2003, 5:36 PM
Thew begins to wake up as he is dragged through a dark street.

Thew: Whaatttt.... aaaa..... where...

Chiss: Shut up you scum bag.

The Chiss takes the handle of his blaster and cracks Thew over the head with it, rendering him unconsious once again. The Chiss and the small creature soon reach a jet black speeder parked on the street. They pull away just as JoKen comes into view.
 JoKen
01-18-2003, 9:04 PM
JoKen: Oh, that's just great! they're in a speeder! This could get a little more hazardous than I thought...

JoKen pulls out a beam cutter, heavily modified to increase it's range. The weapon's handles had been replaced with rifle grips, giving it the feel of a blaster rifle.

JoKen: Time to see what these new modifications can do...

JoKen aims at the speeder and looks to see if the beam will be clear of any bystanders or buildings, then and pulls the trigger. The beam slices through the left engine of the speeder. It hits the ground and comes to a stop. The chiss jumps out of the speeder, dragging Thew with him, and runs into another allyway, while the small creature, using the speeder as cover, starts shooting madly at JoKen. JoKen jumps for cover behind a small speeder parked on the street. He then withdraws two blasters from his coat and sets them for stun. Taking several well aimed shots at the creature, one hits and stuns it. JoKen then runs off into the allyway after the chiss. The chiss, arriving at a dead end, sees JoKen running toward him. He takes a blaster from his pocket and shoots JoKen three times in the chest. Thew, who had just woken up, watches in horror as JoKen falls over on his back.

Chiss: That will teach them not to mess with me!

Suddenly, JoKens gets up and withdraws picks up his two blasters from the ground.

JoKen: Game over. I win.

Chiss: That's impossible! You can't be alive after that!

JoKen: It's impossible for most people, but not for me.

JoKen rips his jacket off to reveal a suit of Mandalorian armor, then stuns the chiss with his blaster. He then runs over to Thew.

JoKen: Thew, are you alright?
 Gaalgoth
01-18-2003, 9:26 PM
Varan runs out of the hangar and sees JoKen dart into alleyway. Running past the creature he kicks it in the head, sending it backwards a few yards. Varan runs down the alley towards JoKen and Thew.

Varan
All good?
 Thew Rydur
01-18-2003, 10:27 PM
Thew, still dazed from being stunned trys to get up then stumbles. He is sucessful on his second attempt. After kicking the Chiss in the ribs his hands immediately reach for his blasters.

Thew: My.. blasters... where are.. they.... what happened?
 JoKen
01-19-2003, 6:56 AM
JoKen: The chiss took them. I don't know where he left them.
 Gaalgoth
01-19-2003, 9:34 PM
Varan reaches down and draws two blasters from holsters on his outer thighs. Spinning them on his fingers, he stops with the barrels in his hands and the grips pointed at Thew.

Varan
Take these till we can get you some replacements.
Page: 1 of 2