Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Party Crasher Level Feature at TACC

Page: 1 of 1
 AKPiggott
12-21-2002, 6:58 PM
I've just sent a Party Crasher level feature to The Admiral's Command Chamber (http://www.commandchamber.net). There's some brand new shots and information on the level if anyone's interested. You can view it by clicking here (http://www.commandchamber.net/featured/display.php?name=crasher).

Incidently, if anyone has any JO SP levels in production and would like to preview them for the community, be sure to send them to TACC.
 Emon
12-28-2002, 7:22 PM
Thanks for posting, I'm glad to see that TACC is being used!
 AKPiggott
12-30-2002, 2:01 AM
Yeah me too.

I hope it gets a few more JO submissions.
 WhiteShdw
12-30-2002, 4:48 AM
Hey, me too.

I'm hoping people start to focus more on SP. I've kind of had it with MP. Sp can be so much fun if it's done right.

I don't know if any of you guys have played this (http://www.pcgamemods.com/file.php?id=f9028faec74be6ec9b852b0a542e2f39) but it seemed very promising when i played it.
 AKPiggott
01-01-2003, 3:11 PM
I've started downloading it, but I have it on pause right now.

Does it have a story with cutscenes and everything?
 AKPiggott
01-04-2003, 5:03 AM
Hmm.. I think there's a forum database error. In the thread index, it said that WhiteShdw was the latest poster, even though I had replied since. Strange.
 WhiteShdw
01-04-2003, 5:41 AM
Originally posted by AKPiggott
I've started downloading it, but I have it on pause right now.

Does it have a story with cutscenes and everything?

Not yet. It has a basic map layout with some nice details and some NPC's, some with navpoints.

It's just nicely made, that is all. Good for a Beta, but surely not good for a final release.

PS. Now i am the last poster :D
 wedge2211
01-04-2003, 7:21 AM
I agree on that Hoth map, it looks very promising.

We are lacking good Outcast SP maps...I'm really looking forward to Party Crasher...get it out there!! :) Most SP maps are just...stupid. It's neat that people have figured out how to make cutscenes and set up SP enemies and such, but the plots are always horrible and the levels themselves don't often offer up much in the way of fun...and almost never puzzles, just, "kill this guy! ...okay, now kill THIS guy!"

I myself am not yet done with MP mapping, I have two more map concepts up my sleeve, but then I intend to learn how to make cutscenes and then go about a sequence of levels of my own, about which all I'm going to say now is that I hereby stake a claim on explaining the RoJ line: "Many Bothans died to bring us this information..."
 AKPiggott
01-17-2003, 5:18 PM
I've always tried to make my levels extremely rich in story. Basically I hate levels where you have a big story told to the player at the start and then you control the character through a series of shooting people only to get a very short and brief ending. The story should be told throughout the course of the level, it should unravel and that's what I'm doing here. I hope that by releasing this level it could be an example to some and give people new ideas.
Page: 1 of 1