Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Offworlders' Cantina

Page: 1 of 2
 JoKen
12-20-2002, 9:16 PM
OOC: OK, I'm not exactly sure how this works, but I think I have it down.

A cantina on Corellia, the Offworlders Cantina is a cantina full of smugglers and mercenaries.

A sign hangs above the entrance: NO WEAPONS ALLOWED

A tall man with a scar on his neck walks in and sits down on a seat at the bar.

Man:
A glass of Juri Juce, please.

Clerk
Comin' right up.

Soon the clerk returns with the Juri Juice, and the man settles down to enjoy his drink...
 Wraith 8
12-21-2002, 6:50 AM
OOC: *you have been stickied*
 Thew Rydur
12-21-2002, 6:37 PM
OOC: *Jumps up and down with joy now that theres finally another RP*

I'll post my character later, I've gotta eat now.
 JoKen
12-21-2002, 8:19 PM
OOC: Thanks, RPGing is the closest thing we have to SWG until it comes out. But I'm still waiting for someone to post their character. Ah, well, I guess I'll just go back to making my skirmish campaign on XWA.
 Thew Rydur
12-21-2002, 10:32 PM
A man of medium height and build strides into the bar. He has short brown hair and is wearing a long brown overcoat. After surverying all of the patrons he sits in a booth near the back and orders some Corellian Ale.
 Redwing
12-22-2002, 5:43 AM
((OOS

Originally posted by Thew Rydur
OOC: *Jumps up and down with joy now that theres finally another RP*

I'll post my character later, I've gotta eat now.

*points to RP forums in sig* ;)

Yes, I realize at least half of em are dead. So? Some are alive :D

I hafta think of a chara bio. I'll be back when I do :D))
 JoKen
12-22-2002, 8:10 AM
OOC, I'm going to my relatives' house for the holidays, so I won't be on as much.

The tall man watches as the shorter man walks past him and sits down at the booth.

Tall Man: Now where have I seen that guy before?

He gets up and walks to the booth where the shorter man is sitting.

Tall Man: Hi, is that seat taken?
 Thew Rydur
12-22-2002, 6:42 PM
OOC: Yeah I know Redwing. I tried the KoToR boards a while ago. :D

IC:
*Looks up from mug of ale*

Man: That all depends, where do you happen to come from?
 JoKen
12-22-2002, 9:47 PM
Man: Tatooine. By the way, name's JoKen.
 Thew Rydur
12-22-2002, 10:44 PM
Man: Tatooine eh? I never really liked the place myself... its too damn dry.

*Holds out hand*

Man: Thew Rydur, of Naboo.
 JoKen
12-23-2002, 9:05 AM
*Shakes hand*

JoKen: Ahh, Naboo, the royal planet.

*Sits down at the booth*

JoKen: So, what do you do?
 Thew Rydur
12-23-2002, 2:57 PM
Thew: Well you know... a little bit of this, a little bit of that. Mostly bounty hunting though. What about you?
 JoKen
12-23-2002, 8:09 PM
JoKen: I mainly smuggle, but I can be hred to do many jobs.

*Pulls out holo-frame*

JoKen: Listen, I'm looking for a new ship.

*Shows Thew the frame*

JoKen: I have my eyes on a Naboo Cruiser, but the chrome ones are almost impossible to find. Recognize the design? This design of ship was used by Senator Amidala. The original ship was destroyed by a bomb on Coruscant. You think you could hook me up with some manufacturers? Just name your price.
 Thew Rydur
12-24-2002, 1:19 PM
Thew: I'll see what I can do for ya.... I've got a few contacts back at home. I'll tell ya what, meet me back here in 2 days. I'm gonna need 300 credits right now though. We'll see about the price after that.
 JoKen
12-24-2002, 1:44 PM
*Pulls out cred stick*

JoKen: Here, 300 credits.

*Tosses a coin on the table*

JoKen: If you need me I'll be in my ship at the local spaceport. It's a YT-2000, just ask the service center for the YT-2000 'Star Runner'.

*Walks away*
 Rogue15
12-24-2002, 9:08 PM
looks fun...I'll post a bio first:

Name: Rioet
Sex: Male
Race: Falleen
Title: Trader
Transportation: Corellian Corvette, Republic Gunship, and Gian Speeder
Homeworld: Falleen, now Chandrila

Skills: Is experienced in trading. Avoids fights. Experienced using bryar pistol.

Bio: Rioet is a natural born trader. His family was killed by one of Darth Vader's experiments on his homeworld while he was in the outer rim trading goods. He has no love for the Empire, and supports the Rebellion by supplying the with food rations and bacta.

Carrying: Bryar Pistol, 3000 credits, some bacta canisters, and food rations

Wearing: Silver-colored clothing, most likely cortossis.

heh, i'll even through in a picture of him: http://www.deviantart.com/view/893164)
 Thew Rydur
12-28-2002, 6:57 AM
OOC: Wait Joken did you mean 300 or 300,000?
 JoKen
12-29-2002, 2:41 AM
OOC: Oops, I'm gonna edit that post now. I read yours wrong.
 Thew Rydur
12-29-2002, 5:06 AM
OOC: to speed things along shall we just say two days pass?

IC:
Two Days Later

*Walks back into cantina*
 JoKen
12-29-2002, 4:34 PM
OOC: Hey, Thew, I got a roleplaying group on msn. Check it out here: Star Wars Roleplaying Galaxy (http://groups.msn.com/starwarsroleplayinggalaxy) It's not quite finished though.

*Looks up from booth*

JoKen: Hey Thew, over here!
 Thew Rydur
12-30-2002, 5:44 AM
*Walks over to JoKen's table*

Thew: I found a ship for ya. It's gonna cost you a pretty penny though.... 290,000. If you give me 4,000 I'll put you in touch with the owner and I'll tell you where its docked.
 JoKen
12-30-2002, 5:53 AM
*Pulls out cred stick and hands it to Thew*

JoKen: The price doesn't bother me. Smuggling has made me rich, although it may take a while to get back those 290,000 credits.
 Thew Rydur
12-30-2002, 4:00 PM
Thew: Alright, the ship is on Naboo. Head to Moenia and look for the docking bays. Its in #26. Ask around for Rydur, my cousin, and you can pay him. Oh yeah an by the way could you ask him for a crate, he'll know which one, and bring it back here for me?

OOC: the crate is rather large and heavy
 JoKen
12-31-2002, 3:48 AM
Alright, I guess I do owe ya for getting me a new ship, so I'm not going to bring it to you for a price. Where can I find you when I get back?
 Thew Rydur
12-31-2002, 7:23 AM
Thew: I'll probably be somewhere around here in the cantina.
 JoKen
12-31-2002, 5:42 PM
JoKen: Alright.

*Walks out of cantina*
 Kylco Cotam
01-01-2003, 3:01 PM
OOC:well i hope ya dont mind me butting in here but it seemed like a good place 4 me to start finally an active rpg yay!

IC:just as joken walks out of the cantina a man walks in the bar cloaked and hooded misterous to all. He looks much like he would be a jedi.(ooc: hes not dont worry im just gonna have a lil fun) the man steps into the middle of the bar and lifts his head up. at that moment with one swift movement of his hand he pulls his "lightsaber" and shout "nobody move or ill cut you in half with my beam sword" just then the batteries in his flash light (that he clamed to be a lightsaber) went dead and the room was dim again. The man then shouts so nasty words sits down and orders an al
 Thew Rydur
01-02-2003, 10:25 AM
Thew: Hahahaha.

(along with most of the other patrons)
 JoKen
01-02-2003, 2:06 PM
*Runs back into the cantina and sits down at Thew's booth*

JoKen: Sounds like some excitement just happened. Would you mind telling me what's going on?
 Thew Rydur
01-02-2003, 2:19 PM
Thew: *chuckles* Well you see just a minute ago this guy, who's probably been doing spice for the last few hours, walks in looking all mysterious. Then he pulls out some kind of glow stick and the power cells fell out.... he's sitting right over there *points* now.
 JoKen
01-02-2003, 2:41 PM
JoKen: I wonder what the manager will say. Look, here he comes now...
 Kylco Cotam
01-02-2003, 5:26 PM
The Man: (looks at thew and joken and talks in a quick annoying voice) Are you talking about me i know you are i hope your not you better not be ill ill ill ill....... cut of you heads with me power sword and i dont do spice i really dont stuffs bad and illegal(as a bag a spice falls out of his pocket) A oops except for that

(calms and talks in slow pittiful voice) listen man i do drugs bc i cant do anything else ive never held a job for more than an hour you gotta help me im not crazy really im not

By the way names Kyco Cotam nice to meat you ........
 Thew Rydur
01-02-2003, 5:41 PM
OOC: Kylco I'm gonna play this like we know each other from the previos cantina. If you don't wanna do it that way then just ignore this.

IC:
*Stands up looking more intimidating than before and walks towards Kylco*

Thew: Wait a minute.... what did you say your name was?

Kylco: K...Kylco Cotam.

Thew: Kylco Cotam eh?..... Ah now I remember your the scum bag I helped out a few months ago aren't you?
 JoKen
01-03-2003, 2:32 AM
OOC: This is part of Thew's 'I know you' scenario.

JoKen: You know this guy?
 Kylco Cotam
01-03-2003, 6:08 AM
OOC:Not a bad idea fine with me.

Kylco :Thew? Thew Rydur I remember you now sry bout b4 got a little crazy there anyway how ya been and what ya doing here?
 Thew Rydur
01-03-2003, 6:38 AM
*Walks over and jabs Kylco in the ribs causing him to fall to his knees*

Thew: So let me get this straight.... I give you some money to clean your self up.... start again. And now just a few short months later all the moneys gone and you look twice as worse. Now this makes me angry.

*Starts cirlcing around Kylco with a scowl on his face.
 Kylco Cotam
01-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Kylco :Its wasnt all my falt. You see a couple months ago i made a deal with a certain arms distributer. He wanted me to smuggle a few blasters across Naboo only i was stop by the imps and throwen in jail. When he found out what happened he hired a bounty hunter to go and kill me right behind bars. All i remember was him firing and blowing a hole in my shoulder (shows thew the scar) the imps fired back and him and in the caos a hole was blowen through the cell and i escaped. For all i kno the is a bounty on me right kno. Dont hurt me Mr.Rydur i didnt mean for this to happen dont turn me in ill me killed. I lost 1000000 credits worth of mechindise. I would guess a very painful death in store for me plz help me. I beg you Mr. Rydur help me one last time.
 Thew Rydur
01-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Thew: Naboo? You mean my homeplanet of Naboo?...one of the most peaceful planets in the galaxy. (flexes fists) So you were gonna smuggle weapons onto my planet where they could turn it into just another low-life hive like Tatooine.... that was a bad choic Kylco.. a very bad choice.... Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you right now.
 JoKen
01-03-2003, 12:38 PM
JoKen: Because I've seen what spice can do to people. That miserable compound! when he tried to smuggle those weapons he was probably acting under the influence of spice. It's a terrible thing, Thew. Just give him one more chance.
 Kylco Cotam
01-03-2003, 2:41 PM
Kylco : yaya thew listin to joken man hes probly right comon 1 more chance thats it. Heyhey if you want i can get you the name of the guy that i was doing business for that away you can take care of him and you planet plzz man dont hert me.
 Thew Rydur
01-03-2003, 6:39 PM
*Grabs Kylco by the shirt*

Thew: I don't know why I'm doing this but... you take me to this guy... and I might not kill you. Sound go to you?
 Kylco Cotam
01-04-2003, 8:10 AM
Kylco : THatnk you so much thew i will take you as soon as i possibly can or actually when your ready its just that i dont have a way to get to naboo so if you can get me there ill take you right to his house it really wont be a problem from there. o thatnk you so much.
 Thew Rydur
01-04-2003, 12:04 PM
*Lets go of Kylco's shirt letting him drop to the floor*

Thew: Alright scum bag, lets go to the docking bays... now.
 JoKen
01-04-2003, 12:26 PM
JoKen: May I suggest that we use my ship, It has a class 0.8 hyperdrive, we can get there in no time.
 Kylco Cotam
01-04-2003, 12:38 PM
Kylco : Whatever you want lets just get out of here. The guys name is Thanam Tragains. He lives on the east outskirts of Moneia lets go.........
 Thew Rydur
01-04-2003, 12:42 PM
Thew: Joken, I'm using my ship.... if you wanna tag along you can.
 Kylco Cotam
01-04-2003, 5:20 PM
Kylco :can we plz leave now?......
 Thew Rydur
01-04-2003, 5:54 PM
Thew: Shut up you spice freak, before I decide to finish the job right now *flashes wooden knife from inside his coat* ... Now Joken what'll it be?
 JoKen
01-05-2003, 8:18 AM
JoKen I'll tag along in my ship, you may need some extra firepower incase things turn ugly...
 Thew Rydur
01-05-2003, 1:54 PM
Thew: Alright then... lets get going. *pushes Kylco in front of him* After you.
Page: 1 of 2