Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wouldn't it be cool if...

Page: 1 of 1
 Luey Fubar
12-14-2002, 6:05 PM
a) The Light Saber and Melee fights are like on Jedi Knight 2

and

b) There were just little tiny things like Soda machines and being able to drink (in full animation, casualy), sitting down and other little details like that.

Who knows, there might be already done, or about to be put in over the following Months.
 Sim Fubar
12-14-2002, 9:22 PM
b) There were just little tiny things like Soda machines and being able to drink (in full animation, casualy), sitting down and other little details like that.

to much HL lolz
 Luey Fubar
12-15-2002, 9:10 AM
The soda machines were an idea from Half-Life yeah, but not sitting down. That's from Ultima Accession :D
 Sim Fubar
12-16-2002, 5:01 AM
Originally posted by Luey Fubar
The soda machines were an idea from Half-Life yeah, but not sitting down. That's from Ultima Accession :D

Hehe Oh yeah i remember that. Yeah i think you will be able to because you can buy chairs and beds etc for your house
 Wraith 8
12-19-2002, 3:41 PM
well i like B.... its just that i dont plan on finding out about A
 Gaalgoth
12-19-2002, 9:01 PM
I hope melee is fast paced, but not like JK2 because it just got so repititious....need more varied and fancy moves. running forwards swinging and running backwards gets really old....
 Trahern Valley
12-20-2002, 10:37 AM
In my experience, JK2 has done the best job of trying to convert swordplay to something you can do with a mouse and keyboard. Personally, I'd be happy to relinquish some of that control for the sake of making it look more like the 'real' thing. Giving your character basic commands, and then they follow those commands to the best of their ability, that kind of thing. The resulting battle would be dictated by the commands given and the skills the two have in whatever areas are involved.

That's when there's more than one saber involved in the fight, of course. ;)
 Luey Fubar
12-21-2002, 8:37 PM
Originally posted by Trahern Valley
I'd be happy to relinquish some of that control for the sake of making it look more like the 'real' thing. Giving your character basic commands, and then they follow those commands to the best of their ability, that kind of thing. The resulting battle would be dictated by the commands given and the skills the two have in whatever areas are involved.

Well put, even though it would be cool, it is still an MORPG.

How come you don't have an Avatar Trahern?
 Trahern Valley
12-23-2002, 9:02 PM

Laziness.

That, or I am not l33t. Or I don't ownz, or roxxor, or something.

No, it's laziness.

When the site I most frequently visit gets it's own...whatsit, domain space...and I can upload an avatar directly to the server, then I shall bother to make one.

Edited to add: because it has to be unique, that's why.
 Luey Fubar
01-01-2003, 4:41 AM
Yeah, I Hate it when someone has the same as me. That's why I made this one.
 Deft Aklin
01-03-2003, 6:45 AM
Originally posted by Trahern Valley
In my experience, JK2 has done the best job of trying to convert swordplay to something you can do with a mouse and keyboard. Personally, I'd be happy to relinquish some of that control for the sake of making it look more like the 'real' thing. Giving your character basic commands, and then they follow those commands to the best of their ability, that kind of thing.

I must agree, I would love to see the game do a nice chunk of the work for me. I hate it when I die due to lag at that crucial moment. Perhaps add a little AI to each character and a little control over the decisions it makes. That would be very cool, I sriously doubt that will be made any time soon though.
:lsduel:
Page: 1 of 1