Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: CTF - Platform Plunder

Page: 1 of 1
 Matt-Liell
12-07-2002, 11:50 AM
Well this is my first map, after months of trying programs and failing I got GTK Radiant and its working fine!:D This is a CTF map that will soon consist of 3 levels (stories) right now i only have the bottom level and the main part what do u think? The pics have been taking directly from GTK Radiant. I am having some problems so look at the pics then read on!

www.geocities.com/yaduskins/platformplunder)

As I said earlier I am having problems. I wanted to test the bottom level of my map so i made it a .bsp, then i went into MP and started a game. I went into the console and typed:

devamp ctf_platform_plunder

then it said it couldn't find
map maps/ctf_platform_plunder.bsp

but when i checked the folder it was there, then i tried zipping it up in a .pk3 but it didnt show up either!

I was wondering if after im done the basic three levels if I could send the .map file to someone and see if they could get it to work ingame then send me the revised .map and .bsp so I could keep adding details and textures!

Well post what you think and if you can help me out! I keep you guys updated!
 Matt-Liell
12-07-2002, 5:34 PM
well it seems noone likes my map!:( :( but ill keep u updated anyway! sorry no pics yet but im done the map and i can load it in the game but i need to know how put put in spawn points, weapons and flags correctly!
 Wes Marrakesh
12-08-2002, 9:55 PM
Hmm. Good start but needs some pointers.

Build EVERYTHING in caulk then go back and texture only what a player can see.

Never have overlapping brushes - it looks extremely sloppy.

I'll be keeping my eye on this :D
 wedge2211
12-09-2002, 12:29 AM
And now for the obvious question...you have been here, right?

http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/)

Those tutorials are among the best on the web. Read through em, it'll answer all your questions.
 Matt-Liell
12-09-2002, 12:37 PM
well the map died, i tried loading it in game it didnt work so im going to read all the tutorials and make a new better one! look for the WIP soon! i may be doing something wrong, if someone wants the .bsp then ill send it to them and u can see what i did wrong!
Page: 1 of 1