Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cheesy Star Wars Lines

Page: 1 of 2
 Valo
12-06-2002, 12:41 AM
this is the place to place your cheesy star wars lines. ill start it off.

"I HAUNTED BY THE VERY KISS THAT YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE GIVIN ME"
 Jedi_Stryder
12-06-2002, 12:56 AM
Pod racing is wizard!
 ET Warrior
12-06-2002, 1:00 AM
Now THIS is podracing.......
Yippee!!!
Young anakin just says dumb things.....crazy slave boys ;)
 JediNyt
12-06-2002, 1:02 AM
Not a bad bit a rescuing huh princess? You know sometimes I amaze even myself.
 Boba Rhett
12-06-2002, 1:03 AM
"I saw your laser sword"

Still hurts to hear it... :disaprove
 Jedi_Stryder
12-06-2002, 1:15 AM
Are u an Angel?
 DarthNoodles
12-06-2002, 9:55 AM
Dooku's "This can't be decided by our abilities with the force...but by our skills with a lightsabre"

I cringe everytime I hear that.
 leXX
12-06-2002, 11:38 AM
 Skate Boy
12-06-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by leXX
Everything Fode and Beed say...

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/fodeandbeed/img/movie_bg.jpg)

I'm with you leXX. Also anything Ani say's. But the most annoying for me is Boba's stupid fake laugh when him and Jango are in the Slave I.:mad:
 Ez-
12-06-2002, 7:32 PM
Mentioning all the annoying bits would be annoying in itself, so I'll just say 'at least 50% of TPM' :eek: Suffice to say this includes most of what those Trade Federation monkeys mumble- especially one of the crew members with that especially annoying voice; most of what Anakin blurts out, some of the Queen's lines and everything Jar Jar has to offer really :(

Otherwise I think all the other episodes are pretty sound on the annoyance scale of things :)
 gundark
12-06-2002, 9:32 PM
-arent you a little short for a stormtrooper?-leia to luke, a new hope
:smash:

:leia:
 ET Warrior
12-06-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by leXX
[b]Everything Fode and Beed say...

I liked their commentary......:D
 JediNyt
12-07-2002, 3:28 AM
As did I. Theyre better than most sports commentators Ive ever heard. :)
 LiMP RABBiT
12-07-2002, 7:52 AM
Hmmm. There are soo many. Well one has to be

"Your such a joker Ani" said by anakins bug-eyed martian freind in ep1.

Also

"I'm sure Luke wasn't in that thing when it blew"
"He wasn't... I can feel it" Han and Leia in ep6.

What, I didn't order no cheese, probably sums this moment up pretty well.
 Darth Talliusc
12-07-2002, 1:33 PM
"she cant do that! shoot her.. or something"

i hate gunray, hes a moron and the only thing that lets me sit through his annoying banter is the thought of how he MUST die in ep3. (if he doesnt die im gonna be mighty pissed off).
 covenant_bad
12-10-2002, 4:15 PM
"Your such a joker Ani" said by anakins bug-eyed martian freind in ep1.

LMAO...ah.. what a joker...
:D
 covenant_bad
12-10-2002, 4:17 PM
Some of the stuff padme says requires an english lit degree to understand:

''If you follow your thoughts through to conclusion they will take you to a place we cannot possibly go.''

(or along those lines)
 JediNyt
12-10-2002, 8:28 PM
R2D2 you know better than to trust a strange computer!
 Admiral Vostok
12-10-2002, 9:18 PM
Well a Star Wars movie wouldn't be a Star Wars movie without corny lines. Some of my favourites are from the first Star Wars movie to be made:

"Gee it's lucky you had these compartments." - Luke

"We ah, ran into some old friends." - Leia

"Not this ship, sister!" - Han
 lukeiamyourdad
12-11-2002, 8:22 PM
I agree. These lines makes the movie a little funnier.
 LiMP RABBiT
12-21-2002, 5:34 AM
Some do but some dont. Those few cringe inducingly dire lines that make you hide your head in shame are a little beyond a joke, lines like "are you an angel".
 Wьstenfuchs
12-21-2002, 3:05 PM
i think that most of the lines between Anakin and Padmй on TPM are cheesy. That's because their relationship is cheesy too...a hot queen like her would never care about a f*cking slave :D
 LiMP RABBiT
12-21-2002, 3:28 PM
Originally posted by Wьstenfuchs
a hot queen like her would never care about a f*cking slave :D

a f*cking annoying slave with a terrible winey voice, I think you mean.
 wassup
12-21-2002, 8:33 PM
hmm, I think Padme was startled that there was still slavery somewhere in the galaxy and when she saw Anakin she wanted to help somehow. But still, their conversations are half-hearted, especially Jake Lloyd's...:o
 Axims
12-25-2002, 5:58 AM
I really hate the lines when Padmй and Anakin are walking to their freighter to goto Naboo when Anakin says
"Oh well, we have R2 with us" then Padmй laughs.

I really don't like those lines. They sound really fake and weired.
 Hannibal
12-30-2002, 10:50 AM
"You are in my very soul."-Anakin
 boinga1
12-31-2002, 6:54 PM
most of lloyd's and h. christianson's lines sound fake...that's because in ep1, lloyd was too young for his part, and in epii, h. c. just ain't so great.
 Hannibal
01-02-2003, 6:24 AM
Originally posted by boinga1
most of lloyd's and h. christianson's lines sound fake...that's because in ep1, lloyd was too young for his part, and in epii, h. c. just ain't so great.

If you remember Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher both complained about Lucas' dialogue.

I think the quote was "You can write this sh!t, but you can't read it.".

So Jake Lloyd I'm sure would have difficulty reading cheesy lines that older actors think suck too.
 Gabez
01-05-2003, 6:52 PM
"Yipeeeeeee!" - Anakin

Ugh. SHUT-UP.
 AgentSmith
01-06-2003, 6:41 AM
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought." - Leia in ANH.

"When I'm around you, my mind is no longer my own." - Anakin in AOTC.

"Ani? My goodness, you've grown!" - Padme in AOTC.

"Look at the size of that thing!" - Wedge in ANH.
 Sn1P3r JeD1
01-06-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Axims
I really hate the lines when Padmй and Anakin are walking to their freighter to goto Naboo when Anakin says
"Oh well, we have R2 with us" then Padmй laughs.

That was meant to be a joke... they're both nervous, and he's trying to cheer them up... I think that one fit rather well. Just an opinion
 Carbon_sleeper
01-08-2003, 12:56 AM
To make the two trilogies more connected, I think they should get James Earl Jones to do some new voice overs in the original Trilogy. For example, right when Obi Wan is killed, Vader should yell, "Yippee!" And when Han shoots the TIE that sends Vader Flying in circles, he should yell, "Now THIS is podracing!". Some more examples:

Imperial Officer: "Lord Vader, Skywalker's ship has been spotted aproaching Cloud City."
Vader: "WIZARD!"

Vader (while choking doubting Imperial): "I find your lack of faith disturbing, Slamo!"

You get the idea. ;)
 BlackDove
01-08-2003, 1:57 AM
"I have a bad feeling about this" - line SPANNING THROUGHOUT THE 5 MOVIES while sucking majorly every single time
 Sn1P3r JeD1
01-08-2003, 3:55 AM
I don't see how GL can put up with that one!
 BCanr2d2
01-08-2003, 7:39 AM
The whole "sand is rough" prattle by Anakin on Naboo in AOTC...

If there are lines in any SW with more dairy product in them than that, I'd really be surprised.........
 LiMP RABBiT
01-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Everything Padme and 'Ani' say in aotc. Especially "Ani, my goodness you've grown"
"so have you. Grown more beautiful i mean.... for a senator i mean" Urgh, even writing that makes me feel sick.
 leXX
01-10-2003, 1:10 PM
Originally posted by BlackDove
"I have a bad feeling about this" - line SPANNING THROUGHOUT THE 5 MOVIES while sucking majorly every single time

and

"be mindful of your thoughts"
 Taos
01-10-2003, 5:47 PM
Any and everything that is said between Padme' and Anakin in AOTC. Bleh....just makes me want to :barf:

Padme "Must be difficult have sworn you life to the jedi, not being able to do the things you want........."

Anakin "Or be with the people that I love"

Ugh...:rolleyes:
 SettingShadow
01-10-2003, 8:36 PM
Most things said between Anakin, Padme... I feel like just doing something else when I watch those parts :indif: like:

"You are in my very soul tormenting me" :barf:

"Ani? My youґve grown"

"So have you, more beatifull I mean.. for a senator I mean" (and then Padme laughs some after) :barf: :barf:

etc....

And this from ESB:

"Good our first catch of the day" :lol:
 Tie Guy
01-10-2003, 8:52 PM
Oh come on, guys, cut GL a little slack. some of the lines aren't that bad, especially in the trilogy.

Although i will admit that practically everything young Anikan and Jar Jar have to say is stupid. Some of the other ones are pretty bad too, but not all of them.

As for some of old Anikan's lines with Padme, i think he's suppposed to be like that. Think about it, he has absolutely no experience with women or romance or love.

Anyways, some more bad lines are:

"Seeing you alive brings warm feelings to my heart." I actually did cringe in the theatre when i heard yoda say this because i like basically all his other lines, especially in the trilogy.

"I love democracy, I love the republic." Yikes. Actually, you can hear lots of politicians saying similar things, but that doesn't mean they aren't bad.
 LiMP RABBiT
01-11-2003, 8:00 AM
I know what you mean Tie Guy, I find most of the trilogy lines quite good in comparison to I and II. But you cannot excuse Anakins lines in Ep II. No matter how inexperienced he may be his lines are unforgivable.
 Darth Simpson
01-11-2003, 11:48 AM
They're all cheesy.
 JR2000Z
01-12-2003, 8:06 PM
Vader: I have felt him my master.

Gungan Guard: You steped in big dodo this time (or something like that)
 lukeiamyourdad
01-12-2003, 8:10 PM
It was Captain Tarpals and he said:

"Yousa in big dudu dis time"

But you almost got it right :p
 ZBomber
01-12-2003, 9:27 PM
All gungan saysing, and "I have a bad feeling about this" is used way too much. :rolleyes:
 LiMP RABBiT
01-13-2003, 12:07 PM
Anything that any gungan says is cheesey. They are freaks of nature and I think they were given the cheesey line 'skill' by "the creator" so that anyone who spoke to one would have a strong urge to murder it in a gruesome way, thus destroying this painfully annoying race.
 Darth_Rive
01-23-2003, 11:20 PM
1) Every line between Anakin ( I refuse to call him "Ani", seeing as he does eventually become Darth Vader, the daddy of "GRRRR!!!" :vadar: ) and Padme.

2) Every irritating, infuriating little noise that is uttered from a Gungan's ugly excuse for a mouth... :snear:

3) "Oh, I'm quite beside myself." Every one of C-3PO's lines from inside the Droid Foundary onwards...

:mob:
 Darth Groovy
01-24-2003, 6:42 AM
This has always bothered me, and I never posted of it until now. That whole scene in ROTJ on Endor when Luke tells his sister that he's her brother or whatever. That just drove me nuts for the longest time.

Leia: "I Know, some how I've always known."

Sorry Leia, the store might be open, but the not all of us are buying it.

*Reminds everyone of the scene on Hoth where she smooches Luke to make Han mad*
 leXX
01-24-2003, 7:17 AM
Yeah, when I first saw that my first thought was... ewwww, incest!! :barf:

My interpretation of 'Somehow, I've always known' is that she must have got a strange vibe off Luke the whole time but just didn't know why!
 Darth Groovy
01-24-2003, 7:56 AM
The Alliance Rendevous after general Nadine asks for volunteers for the shuttle crew, Luke, Han, and Leia make it sound like they are planning a trip to Disneyland. Jeezum Crow, they are sneaking onto a remote planet to destroy a secred shield bunker, that shields the even more secret construction of a second Death Star. They could have showed just a little bit of concern or hesitance, but instead Richard Marquand decides to have a Kodak moment in the middle of some major plot developement.

Han: "My team's ready, I don't have a command crew for the shuttle."

Leia: *smiling like a dork* "General, count me in"

Luke: *runs in acting all happy* "I'm with you too!"

*The freinds embrace*

Pathetic......
Page: 1 of 2