Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Download Gir model BETA

Page: 1 of 1
 Hellfire Jedi
11-30-2002, 10:14 PM
www.geocities.com/mikeman02341/help)

Please post all u think about it if u think it sucks dont bother posting hard work was put into it and its not even done i think the size of it now is quite comical actually

~Enjoy it please
 SpYzEr
11-30-2002, 10:19 PM
Holy **** that head is BIG ! other than the head, the only thing i see is that the legs are not attached to the body and the wrist-to-hand part gets skinny to where can barely see it. Cool model tho! Nice job :D
 Tuck
11-30-2002, 10:23 PM
Actually Spyzer, that's how he's supposed to look. In the cartoon, his legs don't connect to his body, his head is huge, and his arms are basicly small sticks. :)
 Hellfire Jedi
11-30-2002, 10:24 PM
Next time u guys will get a little version scaled down to yoda size or Tuck u seem to know about Invader Zim so...
What do u think his size should be...
 SpYzEr
11-30-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Tuck
Actually Spyzer, that's how he's supposed to look. In the cartoon, his legs don't connect to his body, his head is huge, and his arms are basicly small sticks. :)

Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Well, if those are supposed to be like that, great model! Still need to fix dat head tho lol
 Hellfire Jedi
11-30-2002, 10:26 PM
No no re-shaping needed
If it was scaled down lower u would see what i mean Gir isn't that tall at ALL. U will see him scaled down sometime and he will look better.
 SpYzEr
11-30-2002, 10:29 PM
I realize that Gir's head is big, but THAT big? I'm sure it would look better with it scaled down, cant wait.
 frendon
11-30-2002, 10:45 PM
i also think it is too big.
off topic question: Hellfire Jedi how and where did you get the mara jade model?
 Enjoi9187
11-30-2002, 11:08 PM
no dont make a scaled down version, that is what jediplus is for
 Hellfire Jedi
11-30-2002, 11:12 PM
Frendon i got her from Edd Peretti to beta test :D

Enjoi so what do u subjest scale him down to what size in plus or keep him like a huge ass giant :)
 frendon
11-30-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
Frendon i got her from Edd Peretti to beta test :D

:mad: U lucky son of a... j/k :D
 Master_Payne
12-02-2002, 1:52 PM
I dont want to bother you, but if you are beta-testing mara, can you tell us which parts are surfable?, because Edward isn't responding on his tread.
promise never get off-topic again...
 Hellfire Jedi
12-02-2002, 3:19 PM
There are no .ssurf files wish i could help tho
 Altimira
12-02-2002, 3:43 PM
Thanks for the feed back on the model, i have (hopfully) the final version. i need to check over with you all on who did what exactly... here is what i have so far

Altimira – model/skins
Hellfire Jedi – recruiting
Insane Sith – scaling
Drjimmy – sounds
Enjoi – sounds

anyone else, or somthing is wrong, just tell me :)

and for the size of the head, its supposed to be that big, but the actual size of gir is about the size of yoda... trust me it will look alot better in jedimod or what ever.
 Hellfire Jedi
12-02-2002, 4:19 PM
Sith = Scaling/Sounds
Enjoi = Red/Blue skins for other version ;) and sounds
 Altimira
12-02-2002, 4:23 PM
i sent you an email of the final version a couple minutes ago, go ahead and make those changes, and you can release him if you want to :)
 El Sitherino
12-02-2002, 6:32 PM
so are you guys gonna work on a zim cuz oh man i can get yall so many sounds for him i could even help too with the modelling if you guys up to it. ooh ooh Invader Zim MOD heh that would be cool.
 Hekx
12-02-2002, 6:37 PM
My god... it's bloody huge! :D

Is this a made-up character or a cartoon character?
I could try and help with the sounds :)

I'll go and try the model out shortly ;)
 El Sitherino
12-02-2002, 6:39 PM
we finished it already.
 Duncan_10158
12-02-2002, 6:49 PM
Originally posted by Altimira
Thanks for the feed back on the model, i have (hopfully) the final version. i need to check over with you all on who did what exactly... here is what i have so far

Altimira – model/skins
Hellfire Jedi – recruiting
Insane Sith – scaling
Drjimmy – sounds
Enjoi – sounds

anyone else, or somthing is wrong, just tell me :)

Altimira you forgot me.... Duncan_10158!
I was the one that put your model together, i was working on it the last half week. I had to redo most of the meshes and weight it and now you forget me? :mad:

But i hope its not to late?
(Duncan_10158 - remodeling)
 El Sitherino
12-02-2002, 6:57 PM
duncan i know this is off topic but im desperate. would you be able to get my model in game its the helmetless jango its all done just needs to be put on skeleton and weighted that sort of stuff.
 Duncan_10158
12-02-2002, 7:08 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
duncan i know this is off topic but im desperate. would you be able to get my model in game its the helmetless jango its all done just needs to be put on skeleton and weighted that sort of stuff.

sure! it shouldnt be a problem. the question is in what file format do you have your jango model. sent me a mail, contact is on my site:
http://io.meskinaw.net/gamorr-proj.php)

by the way i like off topic, it gives you the oppotunety for this!
 El Sitherino
12-02-2002, 7:10 PM
well matt has the skin. but does that matter cuz i dont know this is my first time actually being involved in a model project but i can have it in any format that you want.
:edit:PS would you mind if i beta tested your sebulba i really would like to be more involved in models it kinda helps me understand the process and ill let you beta mine:edit:
 Duncan_10158
12-02-2002, 7:19 PM
best for me to import it into 3dsmax would of course be a .max file, but the question is in what editor do you made your model?

at the moment inbredjokel and me are both working on the skins for the sebulba model. as soon as that is done you are of welcome to test the model and give me a feedback.
 El Sitherino
12-02-2002, 7:22 PM
ok cool. well i made it in milkshape.
 Altimira
12-02-2002, 7:23 PM
Sorry Duncan_10158 i have been out of the loop the last couple of weeks, i told hellfire to add you in after i emailed it to him, my words were "can you add in the guy who actually got it in-game too?" ill go add it in right now. I told hellfire to go ahead and release it when he got ready. i was scaling him earlier in JediMod and .4 looked the best to me. im going to submit him to JediKnightii.net
look for him soon!

Thanks to everyone who helped!
 Duncan_10158
12-02-2002, 7:34 PM
Altimira, no problem, working on your model was fun, i like it. you have a good sense for 3d. if you wish i can mail you a report of what i had to change for bring it into game, its after all your model and you have the right to know it.

InsaneSith, if you made the jango model in milkshake:) its best to export it into a .md3 file. i can easily import that. i problably would need that md3 file plus the basic skins, if i need to change the UVmap.

Edit:
OK, is up here!?
 El Sitherino
12-02-2002, 7:49 PM
then ill have to tell matt you gonna do it for us cuz he got all the stuff including the model. ok?
 Matt-Liell
12-04-2002, 6:12 PM
I'm REALLY sorry for going off topic but Duncan, im the one doing the skin for insanesith and i have the md3 and skins and stuff for ya but what is your email?

And about the model, ya the head is way too big well thats my opinoin!
 El Sitherino
12-04-2002, 6:27 PM
its supposed to be like that matt
 Matt-Liell
12-04-2002, 6:44 PM
ya but.........oh well never mind i thought it could be a BIT smaller anyway thats just what i think!
 Altimira
12-04-2002, 8:38 PM
Like ive said about the head, it is supposed to be that big, but gir is not supposed to be that big. I sent Gir to jk2files too, with a guide to telling you how to scale it.
 Hekx
12-04-2002, 9:26 PM
Just include an updated version of tckmodels.cfg with the file ;)
 Kain
12-05-2002, 10:40 PM
i agree with Hиkx! scale him down in a later version. with his dog outfit too...zipper and all!

GIR!! WHERE'D ALL UR FUEL GO!?!?!
I replaced it.
WITH WUT?!?
TUNAAAAA!! *suck suck*
Page: 1 of 1