Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

RS Video Problem HELP!

Page: 1 of 1
 pickle965
11-30-2002, 12:49 AM
OK, I have a 1.7hgz celery w/ an Intel 845GL video controller. With a fresh CD install I get that wierd doubled/garbled text problem but everthing else is fine. Ok, so I installed the 1.2 patch, fire up RS and I see the opening screen come up with the text looking normal now. So I'm happy thinking I can actually READ the text, but then at the menu the screen goes BLACK. I have to CTRL-ALT-DLT out. What good is this patch if it fixes video problems, but just adds new ones???? Is there a certain configuration, tweak, setting, patch to get this functioning correctly? BAH, im ANGERED. Please help me I'll send you 5 bucks
 Jedi Skywalker
11-30-2002, 7:24 AM
Dear pickle, give me some more details about you computer and about your problem. ANd you can keep your five bucks, help is free.

What kind of windows do you have?
And you've got a pentium?
 pickle965
11-30-2002, 10:42 AM
Skywalker, I have Windows Millenium and an Intel Celeron processor.
 Jedi Skywalker
11-30-2002, 3:44 PM
Maybe that's your problem, not the intel processor but the Windows Millennium. Did you checked if you could play RS when you've got Windows Millennium?

I bought myself Windows 98 because that's the most useable Windows for games, and for RS.

Can you check it yourself or must I do it for you?
Page: 1 of 1