Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Old School Scream!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
11-28-2002, 6:39 PM
After loading the mod, access the command pallette and type in: map kejim_post
Once the first JO level loads, screw Jan's advice and run off that cliff for a neat surprise and a good laugh! I forgot all about that noise... :D
 The Count
11-28-2002, 6:49 PM
I remember that noise oh yeah that was cool damn I want to play the Dark Forces Mod oh well when I get a new Graphics Card it will be in extra cool detail :D
 ImmolatedYoda
11-28-2002, 10:30 PM
lol i know what sound youre talking about. that overused-should-be-copyrighted-because-it-would-make-money falling sound. yeah. YEEEEERRAAAHHHHH
 Katarn07
11-29-2002, 1:16 PM
I like DF's scream better than JO's.

DF- Yeahyeahyeaaahhhh
JK- Whooooahhhhhhhhh
MotS- Eahhhhhhhhhhhh
JO- Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Those are the basic sounds. Jo's was the most annoying...
 Geoffrey S
11-29-2002, 3:32 PM
I heard it used in a film recently. Can't for the life of me remember which one.
 TheMadDoofer
11-29-2002, 4:19 PM
The DF one is used in many cartoons, when the characters fall or get hit by something hard. I heard it on Tom and Jerry a long time ago.
 The_One
11-29-2002, 6:11 PM
Is it just me, or does that sound sound like a Tie Fighter fly-by?

*Imagines Gandalf making that sound when he falls with the Balrog in LOTR* :p
 Katarn07
11-29-2002, 7:39 PM
It sounding like a TIE is a stretch. Listen to the both together. There is a big difference...
 ImmolatedYoda
11-29-2002, 7:48 PM
hmm..i do see some similarity between a TIE flyby and the DF scream...but i dont think it sounds quite like the sound of an elephant trumpeting and a car hydroplaning at the same time :)
 Crack 6K
11-30-2002, 3:47 AM
I actually heard this exact same sound in several songs a while ago. GEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
 Monkey Mania
12-01-2002, 12:53 PM
DF Scream? Heh

You can hear it in the intro of Ahh! Real Monsters.

You can hear it in Beethoven's 2nd. When the guy falls into the water.;)

There are many other places, you just gotta look(hear).
 ImmolatedYoda
12-01-2002, 3:30 PM
thats why i say sounds like that should be copyrighted. with all the usage of them, you could probably make a good deal of money. another example is when people throw something behind them into an alley or something and the trash can falls over and the cat screeches. so overused.
 Darth_Linux
12-01-2002, 3:33 PM
actually they are copyrighted - they can be bought as a collection of sounds (called a "library") and then included in whatever you want. Some examples are the scream obviously, the sounds the "scratchers" make in Heretic can be heard in numerous disney movies, the shotgun and grunt sounds from Doom are in tv commercials all the time. Game companies license these libraries so that they don't have to reinvent the wheel everytime they make a new game.
 ImmolatedYoda
12-01-2002, 3:45 PM
lol that is so funny, i knew it was a good idea! :p
 TheMadDoofer
12-01-2002, 5:10 PM
I found it again! I was playing waterballoon drop 3, and when you fall off the edge, you scream the same way!
 X-Vector
12-01-2002, 7:45 PM
Originally posted by Crack 6K
I actually heard this exact same sound in several songs a while ago.

Been listening to Rage Against The Machine then?

I've always thought that Kyle's death scream bears an uncanny likeness to Zack de la Rocha's angry roar.
 Hard Driver
12-01-2002, 11:13 PM
I thought this would be about the famous Wilhelm scream found in many films Skywalker Sound does sound design for:
-Batman Returns(Batman shoves a carnie over a wall)
-Star Wars films
-Indiana Jones films(mostly The Last Crusade)

This is the "Ah-ooh!" you hear in ANH when the stormie gets blasted and falls down the shaft. I like the DF scream. That's a cool surprise to find in a JO level. But don't you guys think that all versions of Wilhelm should make it into the DF Mod? That would be awesome and nostalgic to hear random human enemies scream that way when they fall and/or die.
 Katarn07
12-02-2002, 5:20 PM
Ahh, yes, the Wilhelm. I read up on that in the last Insider. Its mainly in Raiders, by the way, only one guy does it in Crusade (One of Kezzim's men after being hit with a potato masher grenade)...
I asked where I could find it in the Indy movies on the SW forums, so if any one is interested, here's the link.

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jsp?forum=22&thread=98202)
Page: 1 of 1