Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Medieval map for the NRG Duel map pack. *Final Shots*

Page: 1 of 1
 The Truthful Liar
11-27-2002, 1:46 PM
This will be my next addition for the map pack, it's not quite finished yet since this is only after two days of production. I'm aware that some textures are missing (note the black and white lines), I'll be fixing that in the next compile.

Click. (http://www.nrgteam.com/previews_gothic.htm)

Enjoy. :cool:
 Altus_Thrawn
11-27-2002, 4:17 PM
looks nice....maybe a little more light though.
 The Truthful Liar
11-30-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Altus_Thrawn
looks nice....maybe a little more light though.

Yes, I was planning to work on the lighting. What do you suggest? More red? Personally I'm rather satisfied with the ammount of red being exerted from the lava shader itself, I have no lights which are red.

I need more comments people, this map is still not finished and without the feedback I can't put this in the map pack! :(
 Eldritch
12-02-2002, 11:51 AM
Impressive... most impressive. ;)

I think the amount of light you have is right for a "medieval" themed map. Perhaps a torch here and there for mood, but they didn't call them the dark ages for nothing. :D

P.S. - Yes, I know they weren't called the dark ages because they didn't have much lighting. It was just a joke.
 DISorder
12-06-2002, 12:46 AM
It's maps like these that make me realize how much more I have to learn :D

I think the lighting is fine, but I like the darker type maps, what's amazing is you did that in TWO days!

Nice map keep up the good work.
 Sam
12-29-2002, 8:04 PM
Nice map and I like the lighting it looks perfect for a medieval map. That looks like its going to be my favorite duel map and its not even finished yet
 ninja
01-21-2003, 2:32 AM
wow, looks creepy. will it get even more creepyer?
 Eldritch
01-21-2003, 3:15 PM
What's the status on the map pack? Wasn't it supposed to be out around Christmas or something?
 wedge2211
01-21-2003, 4:43 PM
Love the chains, nice curve work. (Which level of hell, again? :))
 The Truthful Liar
01-22-2003, 12:40 AM
Woah, this ancient thread. Well I've done alot since those shots... I guess I could show you guys a few sneak screens. :-)
 The Truthful Liar
01-23-2003, 1:52 PM
 Eagle_e7
01-24-2003, 12:59 PM
Great work legion :thumbsup:
 DISorder
01-24-2003, 5:47 PM
:freakout: Wow :freakout: that looks great, did you make the textures yourself?
 The Truthful Liar
01-27-2003, 3:27 PM
Well crap, I have some bad news for you all, as of late my map has found a new way to lag in certain areas and the fps can drop to absurd lows in the twenties. I'm not sure why all of a sudden it's doing this and if I can't resolve this in time the map won't see the light of day.

Originally posted by DISorder
that looks great, did you make the textures yourself?

I only use a few textures of mine in my maps.

Any other comments or perhaps suggestions? :]
 The Truthful Liar
01-27-2003, 3:29 PM
Well crap, I have some bad news for you all, as of late my map has found a new way to lag in certain areas and the fps can drop to absurd lows in the twenties. I'm not sure why all of a sudden it's doing this and if I can't resolve this in time the map won't see the light of day.

:freakout: Wow :freakout: that looks great, did you make the textures yourself?

I only use a few textures of mine in my maps.

Any other comments or perhaps suggestions? :]
 DISorder
01-27-2003, 5:26 PM
my suggestion is, fix the fps problem so we can all baske in its glory! good luck fixing it, if you cant fix it, delte some stuffl it would still whip the llama's ass :D
 Wudan
01-27-2003, 6:25 PM
2 versions: one with FPS problems, one fixed. I think you can fix it. You might need to kill some of those chains, that can't be good for your video card's health
 Wudan
01-27-2003, 6:27 PM
2 versions: one with FPS problems, one fixed. I think you can fix it. You might need to kill some of those chains, that can't be good for your video card's health, but, of course, if I recall - you have an AWESOME video card - problems for you are HELL for the rest of us :(
 The Truthful Liar
01-27-2003, 6:53 PM
my suggestion is, fix the fps problem so we can all baske in its glory! good luck fixing it, if you cant fix it, delte some stuffl it would still whip the llama's ass :D

I can only hope so.

Originally posted by wudan
2 versions: one with FPS problems, one fixed. I think you can fix it.

I don't plan on adding two of the same map into the map pack, if it doesn't work it's not going in.

You might need to kill some of those chains, that can't be good for your video card's health

They're essential, especially the big ones otherwise you can't get up onto the upper levels without force.

if I recall - you have an AWESOME video card - problems for you are HELL for the rest of us :(

This, is true, I admit. However with the computer age racing so fast now and most gamers upgrading their pc's more often by the time the map pack is out in Feb most people should be able to handle these maps. 500-800Mhz, 128ram, 32MB graphic cards - someone with specs like those, all I can say is beware.

Edit: Forgot to mention that walking around the map is fine, the fps only drops when you jump for some reason, this is the strangest thing I've ever encountered.
 The Truthful Liar
01-28-2003, 7:45 AM
Phew, I scare myself even sometimes. I've now found more ways to add extra detail to my map - I will now be adding a drawbridge entrance, what medieval fortress is complete without one? :] Expect more screenshot updates in the near future.

P.S. What do you think about the drawbridge thingy idea?
 Wudan
01-28-2003, 9:38 AM
Drawbridge would be cool - provided it's wide enough for duelling.

It's cool that you don't want to make 2 versions of the same map, I understand that from an artisitic sense.

Looks pretty cool, in any case. An entire FFA map with such a dark medieval feel would be pretty awesome, but it would be a ton of more work.
 MuRaSaMuNe
01-29-2003, 1:44 PM
Chains look very cool, reminds me of the ut2003 inferno level in a way :D
 The Truthful Liar
02-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Okay I just wanted to let you guys know that due to complications this map will NOT be available in the upcomming duel map pack. My apologies for those who looked forward to it.
Page: 1 of 1