Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Egyptian map for the NRG Duel map pack.

Page: 1 of 1
 The Truthful Liar
11-22-2002, 7:35 AM
This was a project of mine that I started a long time ago and I've finally had the chance to complete it in time for the map pack. :cool:

Click. (http://www.nrgteam.com/previews_duel_egypt.htm)

Anyone have some last minute suggestions perhaps? What do you think? I know the lighting on the pharaoh is alittle dark, I'll be fixing that.

Suggestions, comments, anything welcome. :cool:
 Manquesa
11-22-2002, 8:53 AM
Looks good, looks damn good. Nice models in that map, and plenty of them it looks like. I'd say all you need to fix is that lighting on the pharoah and that's it.
 Padawan_7
11-22-2002, 10:57 AM
Yeap, looks good! Just need to fix the lighting on the pharaoh.
 Gignatz
11-22-2002, 11:59 AM
Ditto!

a little niggle though is the block texture on the coloumns and support beams etc...doesn't look.. _quite_ right.
 LordP
12-09-2002, 6:26 PM
OMG OMG OMG! Where can I download this? It looks awesome!
 Darth Kaan
12-09-2002, 11:45 PM
Hmmm, those models look a lot like the ones in the recently released egyption team temple map...
 The Truthful Liar
12-10-2002, 3:21 AM
Originally posted by LordP
OMG OMG OMG! Where can I download this? It looks awesome!

It's part of the NRG map pack, due to be released sometime between Xmas and Jan 1st. It should be available throughout jk2files and jkii.net. :)

Originally posted by Darth Kaan
Hmmm, those models look a lot like the ones in the recently released egyption team temple map...

I wouldn't know, link? These models were made by Todd Gantzler, and the pharaoh was done by GIJoe which was an entry in the QuakeCon2001 Map Model contest. So I'm sure someone would use a few in their project as well, without a doubt. :)

Also there will be a NRG promotional video coming out soon with all the maps included for you to see. Don't give up hope. :cool:
 LordP
12-10-2002, 4:40 PM
*sob* b....but...but I want it now! *sob*
 Ryick Pa'tran
12-20-2002, 9:05 PM
I've been studying Eqyptology (as an amature) since I was six (now I'm 24) and i must say I AM IMPRESSED. I made a number of Egypt-Themed maps for Quake 3, but I never finished any of them. I can't wait until you're finished with the map-pack!
 Altus_Thrawn
12-20-2002, 10:56 PM
Looks good. Certainly captures the feel of Egypt.
 The Truthful Liar
12-20-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Ryick Pa'tran
I've been studying Eqyptology (as an amature) since I was six (now I'm 24) and i must say I AM IMPRESSED. I made a number of Egypt-Themed maps for Quake 3, but I never finished any of them. I can't wait until you're finished with the map-pack!

Thanks, I've been working with many different themes lately however this was my first 'theme' to follow and I don't plan on quitting anytime soon, I already have an FFA map in the works and a CTF one planned for the near future. (If I can pull it off, it's of a very intricate design and with alittle bit of luck it might work out, no promises.) :cool:

Originally posted by Altus_Thrawn
Looks good. Certainly captures the feel of Egypt.

I would sure hope so. :)

- If anyone is interested there is a beta version of this map (without map models) available on the NRG site, www.nrgteam.com/downloads.shtml). Enjoy. ; )
 Hellfire Jedi
12-21-2002, 5:56 PM
I like it.........
I added a desann threw on god mode and made desann swim he would get out so he died a lot :) Good Map

Hellfire
Page: 1 of 1