Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP : Private Resort

Page: 1 of 1
 Shadriss
11-18-2002, 11:06 AM
I've had a lot of people ask me what my next project would be : now I have a definitive answer to that. I've decided to try my hand at a map designed for RPG play on the Zone. And it gives me a break from making movie-based location maps, which means I can cut back on the motrin ("But the brick color is supposed to be more yellow!").

The architectural style for a lot of it is going to be sorta kinda Roman/Greek in nature, and I'm gonna try to make it feel like a small private resort for the Jedi Council, circa EP2. I havent placed it on any given planet, but that isn't really important, is it?

OK. Now for the list of whats going into it :

1) A "Roman Garden" inspired central courtyard.
2) A cliff-side lounge/bar/viewing area. If you've ever been to Niagara Falls, and been behind the falls, think sorta like that, but spiffied up about a hundred times.
3) A hanger with spacec for about 4 personal fighters, plus access to a docking gantry for larger craft.
4) A Cathedral/Chapel. Granted, the Jedi dont have a religeon as such, but they need something like this because, hey, I like the architecture I've designed for it. So there.
5) A Dueling area patterned after the big one in the Griffenclaw Council map.
6) A Dueling area patterned after the Dojo-style room, also from the GC map.
7) A Grand Hall, coming from the courtyard area and leading to the Council meeting area.
8) The Council Room, WHich will actually be an inverted tower, meaning it'll extend INTO the ground, instead of upwards.
9) Living quarters. I have 6 rooms mapped right now, two fairly fancy, and four less so.
10) A small detention area/brig. I'm thinking three fairsized cells, no more.

I think that covers it... if anyone has anything they wanna add to the wish list, by all means post. I dont have any screenies to display, but I'll get some when I have the time to make a few - I'm already in full mapping mode.

Dont expect anything on the lines of DOTF quality here, guys. First, this is just for fun, which means I'm not going to put in the same amount of time on it. Second, I dont have Whiteshdw working with me on this one, which means I have to make my own custom textures, which I'm not too hot at. But it WILL be nicec to llok at and play, I hope.

More when I have it. TTFN.
 Altus_Thrawn
11-20-2002, 4:31 PM
sounds good :)
 Shadriss
11-22-2002, 7:47 PM
Still no screenies yet, but the work continues. Screenies should come around shortly... just as soon as I have my new site up. The living quarters and the central courtyard are done, and the hanger complex is at about 50%.

Not much to report, and I wish I had something to show you all, but it's something. :)
 Sephiroth CR
11-22-2002, 11:05 PM
Sounds like it'll be an awesome map.:)
 Wes Marrakesh
11-22-2002, 11:08 PM
It is :D

The detail is amazing, imo.
 Mex
11-23-2002, 5:27 AM
Sounds cool, seems like a "chill out" map, just for playin and things :D
 Shadriss
11-23-2002, 1:39 PM
It's designed for RPG play - not for any of the standard styles. The hanger lighting is giving me some trouble right now, but I should have that straightened out in short order.
 Eldritch
11-26-2002, 10:02 AM
Screenshots... Screenshots... Screenshots...

-COUGH- Oh, excuse me... I must have something in my throat. ;)
 Shadriss
11-26-2002, 9:54 PM
Patrons, forgive me, for I have sinned! I have not given you screenshots!

I expiate my sins by giving you this link : http://shadriss.moonfruit.com)

There, you may find the information you seek, the screenshots you desire, and the shameless plugs for my other maps you wish to avoid! :)

The pics may be a little small, but it';s what I have to work with. Enjoy. :)
 Eldritch
11-27-2002, 8:39 AM
Shadriss -

Nice site... moonfruit is quite useful, eh?

Couple things I want to mention. Clicking on the Villa WIP brings up two options - Screenshots, and Screenshots 2. Both load the same exact set of pictures. ;)

Also, are you sure you put up the correct screenshots? Because you talk about a pool with a roman-style courtyard... I don't see any of that... I see couches with a painting, and some room that looks out into space, I think. Maybe I've missed something, but I thought I'd let you know. :D
 Shadriss
11-27-2002, 11:54 AM
That courtyard was on the second page. Dunno why it didnt save the way I did it, ,but... It should be fixed now. Only three pics on that page right now, though
 Eldritch
11-29-2002, 11:43 PM
Looks nice. I definitely get that "Roman" vibe from it.
 Shadriss
12-03-2002, 11:36 AM
Sorry that there hasnt been any updates on this recently - I've been in a kind of mapping funk. Just haven't felt "the mood" upon me. Hopefully that will change somewhat soon, but for the moment, the project is kinda on hold.
 Mex
12-03-2002, 11:48 AM
Hmm, :( get something to inspire you, maybe someone you like.. Or a place.. That will get you in a good mappin mood! :p
 Wes Marrakesh
12-04-2002, 12:55 AM
He's probably not going to do an update soon... Real Life strikes again :(
 Shadriss
12-05-2002, 10:13 PM
THE MOOD WAS UPON ME!

I've been working for the past two days. I've now finished the lounge area, in addition to getting the hanger and gantry areas finished. Lighting is about figured out too, so theres only a few small issues here and there to figure out still.

Screenshots of those areas will be up shortly.

OK - change from the initial plan - I originally posted that there would be four bays for fighters... well, once I figured out how big one bay was going to be, I scrapped that at once. It's down to two, but I dont think that's going to be a big deal.

Next on the checklist is going to be the two combat arenas... I should have most of the structure laid out over the next three days, and the near-final versions should be ready for screenshots in a week at the most.

Providing the mood doesnt leave me...

VR/ CO
 DarkLord_44
12-08-2002, 5:43 PM
Very nice job so far shadriss. i am looking forward to it. PS. still finishing map lol
 Shadriss
12-08-2002, 7:07 PM
OK, another update.

The two arenas are mapped out. The first is a Dojo-like arena, and is intended for only a couple of people, and for training. Not very big, really. The second is a three-level combat arena, glass enclosed, that has it's lower level flooded. I still have a few bugs to work out of it, and I have yet to insert lighting.

Once that's done, I may take a break on this map - it's starting to be no fun for me... and we all know what THAT means.

More updates later.
 Eldritch
01-05-2003, 10:08 PM
No updates for dang near a month, Shad? You must've shelved this one (at least, temporarily) in favor of Deception... too bad, I could've used some R & R at a resort - mapping Hogwarts can be a little overwhelming.
 Shadriss
01-06-2003, 4:01 PM
I honestly thought I'd posted on that - But yes, This map is on hold. I still have my map file for it when I get back round to this, but for now, this WIP is on indefinate hold. Heck, after Deception is done, I may have a lot of redesign to do here simply from what I learn on it. :)
Page: 1 of 1