Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Old Radio Shows

Page: 1 of 1
 Metallus
11-14-2002, 12:33 AM
Not really a Nightlight Productions thread, but I thought it might be valid for this forum. Has anyone ever heard any old radio series like "The Shadow", or classic radio comedy shows from the greats such as Abbot and Costello or W.C. Fields?

When I was in middle school I took a strange class that focused on the writing and production of radio shows, and I was exposed to a number of old recorded radio shows. Unfortunately, I don't think I came away with enough skill/motivation to do something on the level of Nightlight :o, but I had a lot of fun in that class.

I was just wondering because Nightlight stuff, especially the recent episodes of Lost Cause I, reminds me a lot of the classics. Also, who's on first?
 The Adventurer
11-14-2002, 1:56 AM
Originally posted by Metallus
Not really a Nightlight Productions thread, but I thought it might be valid for this forum. Has anyone ever heard any old radio series like "The Shadow", or classic radio comedy shows from the greats such as Abbot and Costello or W.C. Fields?

When I was in middle school I took a strange class that focused on the writing and production of radio shows, and I was exposed to a number of old recorded radio shows. Unfortunately, I don't think I came away with enough skill/motivation to do something on the level of Nightlight :o, but I had a lot of fun in that class.

I was just wondering because Nightlight stuff, especially the recent episodes of Lost Cause I, reminds me a lot of the classics. Also, who's on first?

I've heard a couple of Green Hornet eppisods a while back. Have to say that they were incredibly OVER acted like most stuff in the 30s-50s were(Movies, Radio Shows, Comic Books) But they were cool none the less.

What I realy want to know is if this whole online radio drama thing is all over the intenet. High quality stuff like Terra and Lost that I could burn onto CDs and listen too in the car. Theres got to be others out there right?
 MJ
11-14-2002, 2:07 AM
While I'd be surprised if Nightlight is unique in the online world, I've yet to run across anything like it. Although I'm sure that somewhere, someone is producing radio plays and putting them online.

As for me, I've listened to Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Tin Tin. :)
 Darth Eggplant
11-14-2002, 11:05 AM
I had a long time a go a complete tape set
of Shadow episodes, you can find material
but not much because no one was recording
stuff for posterity back then, If I ever figure a place
to find the stuff I will let you know.
 Darth Eggplant
11-14-2002, 11:17 AM
 Huz
11-14-2002, 2:29 PM
It might interest you all to know that the BBC plan to cough up a new radio station (cunningly called 'Radio Seven' or something) later this year, or perhaps early next year, dedicated to airing their vast collection of old radio plays and some new ones as well. A bit like Radio 4, but presumably less irritatingly highbrow. The good news for you non-UK types is that, being a digital station, they'll end up making it available over the internet (they also have a great 'Radio on Demand' feature on their web site, so you can listen to various radio programmes when you want). I'm hoping to hear HHGG on there - I've still not got around to 'acquiring' it any other way. ;)
Page: 1 of 1