Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Majin buu

Page: 1 of 2
 snakeyes141
11-13-2002, 12:07 PM
ok ok its been done thousands and thousands of times over... but never for jk2 (why is that) well i decided to make 1 for the hell of it.... pretty low poly too (900 i think) keep in mind im stil a noob at this but anyone wanna give it some c n c

3/4 view (http://forums.dragonballquake.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=26353)
front (http://forums.dragonballquake.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=26354)
side (http://forums.dragonballquake.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=26355)

:jawa
 Hellfire Jedi
11-13-2002, 5:16 PM
looks nice
 Xyphox
11-13-2002, 5:33 PM
That's a pretty good start, dont give up.
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-13-2002, 11:17 PM
Which Buu incarnation is that? If it's Kid Buu, his hands are too small, and his tail/antenna is too thin. Other than that you are off to a good start. I'm a huge DBZ fan, so if you need any help or criticism, I can help (and so can MysticSpade).
 snakeyes141
11-14-2002, 12:24 PM
I'm a huge DBZ fan, so if you need any help or criticism, I can help (and so can MysticSpade).

help would be really great right now... ill update later... ive given him the armpads and sorted out his hands a little... also done the feet and welded his neck :D (so lots of work) its poly count is about 1015 at the moment... but i made another lod so it can have 2000 ill post renders of both later (not at my own computer at the moment)
 snakeyes141
11-14-2002, 12:43 PM
 Hiko Seijuro
11-14-2002, 3:18 PM
Coooooooooooollllllllllll
What taunt will u use?A japanese taunt would be great
 El Sitherino
11-14-2002, 6:04 PM
i can give you alot of japanese taunts if you want
 -s/<itzo-
11-14-2002, 7:35 PM
it's lookin great are you also makin the fat one.
 SSJ2 Vegetto
11-14-2002, 7:41 PM
Buu model is ok althought I personally despise Buu as a DBZ Char I would like to see a Vegetto Model for JO hes the best and most powerful.
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-14-2002, 10:01 PM
What are you talking about? Buu's american voice actor makes him sound like the monster he is.

As for most powerful, yes, Vegito is indeed the most powerful character...but Gogeta and Gohan are the most popular (as well as Piccolo and Android 18, oh yea, and Tien (Tenshinhan)).
 MysticSpade
11-14-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-
Which Buu incarnation is that? If it's Kid Buu, his hands are too small, and his tail/antenna is too thin. Other than that you are off to a good start. I'm a huge DBZ fan, so if you need any help or criticism, I can help (and so can MysticSpade).

dang chrono how did you figure i was a DBZ fan haha. but yeah any question you got i can help. i know pretty much everything there is to know bout DBZ GT and AF ( i usually get flamed for that one) and their characters. so just let me know.

also the hands should be more ball like in roundness. i may be wrong but his antenae is too long it loos like.
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-15-2002, 8:14 AM
You probably get flamed because AF doesn't truly exist. I'm surprised you don't get flamed for being a GT fan ^_^.

Not saying GT wasn't a good series, but it contradicted so many elements of DB and DBZ that it just seemed like it was about "how can we make so-and-so a stronger super saiyan".

The biggest mistakes in GT - killing off Piccolo for good, and allowing Gohan to reach Super Saiyan while he was in Mystic state. I don't want to cause many arguments, but those were my two HUGE beefs with the GT series.

Oh, and um...the hands are a bit too thin. Also, his chest was a LOT more muscular and broader than that. Buu was thick in the muscles department, but had a very thin abdomen. Also, his head needs to be a tad larger, the tail needs to be a tad thicker, and you need to define his eyebrows.

I guess the main problem is that his upper body is not in proportion with his lower body as it is defined in the show.
 MysticSpade
11-15-2002, 9:01 AM
how's the model comin man. don't give up on it. i personally don't like it when ppl don't complete their models it shows lack of motivation. i know it's your choice to complete it or not. but that's how i feel on un finished models.

BTW: Chrono Gohan was able to reach SSJ because when Goku and Vegeta got everyone out of him( BUU). including Gohan. the only ones they managed to save were Dende, Mr. Satan ( Hercule for you dubbies ), Goku, and vegeta. so picollo, goten, trunks, gohan died when earth exploded. therefore when they wished for the beings of earth to be as they were befor buu. it canceled Gohan's Mystic power up. TRUST ME I WAS PISSED ABOUT IT TOO. but although AF is not a "licensed" product dependin on where you look you will be able to find the episodes. i had 32 of em until my comp crashed. but for proof of DB AF there is a SSJ-5 on DB GT final bout and i have him HAHAHA.

and i never said i was a GT fan i just said i know pretty much everythnig bout it. you can't just like one part of the series you love it all.

stupid huh
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-15-2002, 1:28 PM
It stopped being DB after Toriyama ended it :)

Also, as far as Gohan goes, the wishes were for the earth to be restored, and for everyone to forget Buu ever existed. I know GT might try to go against canon and say that the wish canceled Gohan's mystic status, but...it didn't ^_^. I still can't believe they are going to dub GT...because people talk about SSJ4 and SSJ5 like they are SS forms. They aren't.

By the way, I know all about the Buu saga (including Japanese episodes) so this argument could go all day :P let's just try to help this guy get his model in good shape.
 MysticSpade
11-15-2002, 4:06 PM
yes i too know the in's and out's of the BUU saga (japs too). but i'm pretty sure that's y gohan was able to go SSJ, that or between the timeline of the two he figured out a way to divide the two. so he could use SSJ as normal transformation and Mystic as his SSJ-2 transformation. but yes i agree we can continue our discussion further through PM's. but right now help snakeyes is the important thing to do. cuz i don't want to be the reason that his thread got closed.
 snakeyes141
11-16-2002, 5:00 PM
well back on topic... i need a couple of opinions the way i have done his muscles ( cos i genrally suck at these ) oh and im not gonna give up on this yet i think this is by far my most promising model.... the only problem is i have trouble following spacemonkeys tut.... so i can never get them ingame... mysticspade, chono you reckon you could do me a REALLY big favour :p

shot 1 (http://forums.dragonballquake.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=26647)
shot 2 (http://forums.dragonballquake.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=26648)
 snakeyes141
11-16-2002, 6:40 PM
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-16-2002, 9:50 PM
Excellent muscle definition. Make sure his deltoids and biceps are more defined, as they were in the series. Plus, bring his brows out a'la Piccolo. Plus, his neck needs to be thinner.

Sorry, but getting them in-game isn't my forte yet. Talk to Toonces or some of the other guys who are more experienced with that one :)
 snakeyes141
11-16-2002, 10:29 PM
thats ok... yea maybe i will but first i gotta fininsh the model :p
 Hellfire Jedi
11-17-2002, 5:35 PM
http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/001100.html)
With that link i wouldn't think u should have to annoy people that much it will teach u many things on making models with 3dsmax milkshape blah blah blah
ok Good luck and get this baby ingame!
 snakeyes141
11-17-2002, 5:38 PM
thankyou ... i still got work to do on the model ... but thanks
 snakeyes141
11-17-2002, 6:30 PM
update : buffened up his arms a little
buu shot (http://forums.dragonballquake.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=26740)
 Blues
11-17-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by MysticSpade
... but for proof of DB AF there is a SSJ-5 on DB GT final bout and i have him HAHAHA.

I think that's Super Gokou 4 you're thinking of. LOL. And the Gotenks code is a fake, too.

Sorry. That was kinda off-topic. You should make a Super Buu and have the different skins of his forms when he absorbs people like Gotenks, Piccolo, and Gohan.
 MysticSpade
11-17-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Blues

I think that's Super Gokou 4 you're thinking of. LOL. And the Gotenks code is a fake, too.

Sorry. That was kinda off-topic. You should make a Super Buu and have the different skins of his forms when he absorbs people like Gotenks, Piccolo, and Gohan.

ummm....NO! cuz i have two diff save files. one of SSJ-4 Goku, and the other of SSJ-5. bein the avid fan i am i do believe that i'd know the diff between lvls 4 and 5. and the Gotenks code is only for the Japanese version of the game. i have him as well, and Gogeta. (no i don't mean Vegetto).

but your idea for diff forms is a good one.
 snakeyes141
11-18-2002, 3:28 AM
yea but different forms would have to mean seperate models... cos skins wouldnt do it justice :S so ill probably do it when i complete the base of buu what do you think about the changes though
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-18-2002, 8:28 AM
Spade, enough of the AF. It doesn't exist. A fan made some drawings, edited a few things on others, and made a manga based off of it. And I know you are lying about GT: Final Bout having SSJ5 Goku (who doesn't even exist anyway) because I have played the game and have several friends who play it...he is not in there. Not only that, the game came out before AF was even thought up.

Your Buu is starting to look great snake, but round the abs out some more. As for different forms, you could easily turn Kid Buu into Super Buu by increasing the scale and lengthening his tail on his head. But things like Fat Buu and Evil Buu would be kind of harder. You could cheat and make Evil Buu an alternate skin, and also have a skin of him wearing Gohan's gi...it's up to you.
 Darth Vader III
11-18-2002, 9:21 AM
!eciN Nice!
!dooGGood!
 MysticSpade
11-18-2002, 2:17 PM
Originally posted by snakeyes141
yea but different forms would have to mean seperate models... cos skins wouldnt do it justice :S so ill probably do it when i complete the base of buu what do you think about the changes though

yes you would have to make diff models. BUT if you make one Super Buu model. all you would have to do is alter the torso. but your new pic updates look WAY to defined. kinda smooth the cuts around the edges not too much tho.

and Chrono i have the proof. i have AF eps on VCD's right now. i bought them from Lone Star comix. like i said they might not be licensed products but there are eps out there. i know that AF is fan based too. but i do have that save file on Build-Up. i'm not lyin man i swear. u can believe what ya want. like i said i usually get flamed for talkin bout AF cuz there's not enuff proof to support it's existence.
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-18-2002, 6:11 PM
I didn't say AF didn't exist. I said AF didn't officially exist. It's not licensed, and if there are "videos" (which I've searched for and found none) they are fanfic videos.

And you're right, I don't believe you. I believe you may have obtained an incredibly high power level in GT using Build-up mode, but I know for a fact that SSJ5 Goku is not in it. GT: Final Bout is DBZ/GT only, and AF didn't even exist when it was released.

I don't really care if you want to keep going on about AF's existence (Toei/Bandai would never have put a fanfic in a DBZ game), but at the very least you could come clean about having the character in the game. His power yes, his likeness, no.
 snakeyes141
11-20-2002, 3:33 AM
ok i toned down the muscles defining lines a bit... basically the rest of the detail could probably be done by the skin...

so is there anything left for me to do or should i start converting for jk2?
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-20-2002, 8:15 AM
caaaaaaaan we see a pic? :)
 snakeyes141
11-20-2002, 12:55 PM
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-20-2002, 7:47 PM
much better. Bring the forehead out a bit more, and the jaw in a bit more.
 MysticSpade
11-20-2002, 9:44 PM
that is very close on the body but like Chrono said bring the brow down. but his abs still look a lil too defined IMO.
 snakeyes141
11-22-2002, 4:13 PM
ok thats done its hard to see the changes from most angles so i didnt post a pic any other suggestions before i try making it for jk2
 snakeyes141
11-25-2002, 7:25 PM
the model is segmented and capped.... but the heirachy and the bones from the root xsi puzzzle me... what the heck are bolts (i can weight the bones to the mesh though) but there help me :S
 Hellfire Jedi
11-25-2002, 8:20 PM
I've GOT it :)
Ask Hans what that **** is lol he rocks with that stuff as long as hes not doing the modeling he is HAPPY :) i thunk
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-25-2002, 9:02 PM
bolts are what the model uses as reference points for certain things...like bolt_r_hand is used to tell the right hand where to hold something I think...
 MysticSpade
11-26-2002, 7:39 AM
have we been over if this is Kid Buu or Super Buu or not. cuz i just noticed somethin. if this is kid buu all that needs to be defined on him is his chest. his abs weren't really defined in this form.
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-26-2002, 8:30 AM
Yea, which one is it anyway? Kid Buu, Super Buu, or Super Buu 2?
 snakeyes141
11-26-2002, 2:16 PM
its not kid buu

its the one just after he absorbs vegetto (after taking his shirt off of course)
 MysticSpade
11-26-2002, 3:34 PM
so it'd be the one that fought Gotenks in the room of spirit and time. if so, his torso is way too small. he had broad shoulders. but your torso on your model is more structured like kid buu.
 snakeyes141
11-26-2002, 4:39 PM
yea i can see by looking at him now
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-26-2002, 11:03 PM
he also needs to be much lankier. Majin Buu had really broad shoulders that seamed into his neck, and had a really thick abdomen. He also had monkey like arms, where they were muscular towards the biceps, but the forearms where like Popeye's.
 MysticSpade
12-11-2002, 2:11 PM
so is this model dead now or did he just decide to not update anyone. my vote is it's dead.
 Gohan_Trunksss
12-20-2002, 8:32 PM
I think hes just not posting news heh you cant just dump a model that looks that good ^_^, Snakeyes hows it comeing? any new pics we can see?
 Kain
12-20-2002, 10:21 PM
snakeyez prolly gave up after mystic and chrono went off on some bs none sense that alot of people dont even know about.

p.s., chrono and mystic, leave the topic at the nerd, er comic conventions were they belong.
 Lord Tnuc
01-03-2003, 7:41 AM
Bump. Sorry, I like this idea. If anyone can get in touch with the guy, and see if he's still doing it or not, that'd be great. If he's given up on it, maybe someone could take over for him.
 MysticSpade
01-03-2003, 8:10 AM
Originally posted by MydnightPsion
snakeyez prolly gave up after mystic and chrono went off on some bs none sense that alot of people dont even know about.

p.s., chrono and mystic, leave the topic at the nerd, er comic conventions were they belong.

no me and Chrono did go off topic but we did know what we are talkin about. and just cuz we know alot about certain topics we are nerds? then i guess imma nerd, cuz i know alot about many different things. but me and chrono also helped snakeeyes out on his model. just cuz me and Chrono had a discussion doesn't mean we were cause for him to drop his model. that just shows he lacks patience and attention skills. even if he takes a very long while to make it, at least he wouldn't have given up on it.
Page: 1 of 2