Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Alt.'s Model Gir!

Page: 1 of 2
 Hellfire Jedi
11-10-2002, 5:28 PM
Ok hes got it UVW Mapped umm all that shtuff its skinned but it needs bones and tags or something he said so u guys tell me
I will post some pictures next post gimme a sec to fix some up
its a gmax too :D
 SupremePain
11-10-2002, 5:38 PM
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
Ok hes got it UVW Mapped umm all that shtuff its skinned but it needs bones and tags or something he said so u guys tell me
I will post some pictures next post gimme a sec to fix some up
its a gmax too :D

huh? Alt.'s Model Gir!? am i the only 1 that doesent kno what u are talking about?:confused:
 Hellfire Jedi
11-10-2002, 5:40 PM
Alt is his name for Short i met him on a CTF the other day he is cool

*UPDATE*
Ok here is what he has Enjoy now it needs i think animations .skin files a icon bones tags along those lines
http://www.geocities.com/mikeman02341/help.html)
Ok so help me out here
 Hellfire Jedi
11-10-2002, 5:44 PM
Alt is his name for Short i met him on a CTF the other day he is cool

*UPDATE*
Ok here is what he has Enjoy now it needs i think animations .skin files a icon bones tags along those lines
http://www.geocities.com/mikeman02341/help.html)
Ok so help me out here
Needs WEIGHING! ;)
 Hellfire Jedi
11-10-2002, 5:50 PM
Umm Terc or moooa if one of u guys happens to look at this you guys think u could fix it up and add animations or something like that cuz i would love it if u did so would alt plz
 Hellfire Jedi
11-10-2002, 5:51 PM
its a .gmax file tho... i really would like it if someone could help we would appriciate it...
He did a great job on the model too...
I would love to see this in-game and im gonna make a Zim for him too...
 SupremePain
11-10-2002, 6:03 PM
Hellfire Jedi plz empty out ur PM inbox no one can send u anything ;)
 Hellfire Jedi
11-10-2002, 6:06 PM
Dude,
I have 1 PM in my box NO way it can be full...
And i updated the site put the skinned body and head
soooo
any one gonna help
 Scotchy
11-10-2002, 6:10 PM
It won't work with gmax... sorry. You need to export it to 3dsmax before you can even THUNK about weighting it and binding it to the raven skeleton.

It's unfortunate, but it's the truth. Don't look my way for help though, I'm havign trouble with static map models :(.
 SupremePain
11-10-2002, 6:12 PM
hmm weird...
well the model looks kinda cool :cool:

u said that g-max was easier to use then milkshape will u give me an link to a tut so i can learn how to use it?

btw: where is charecter from?
 Hellfire Jedi
11-10-2002, 6:12 PM
I don't have max and i doubt thats the only way people wouldnt model if u had to pay over 1000 dollars to make a model for a game....
Exactly why i was asking a friend with one of those and NO your wrong i know one milkshape that does that or something along those lines but i KNOW that it not the only one that can do that
 Hellfire Jedi
11-10-2002, 9:47 PM
Some help finishing this up would be kinda cool :P wish i knew how
 Eldritch
11-11-2002, 1:04 AM
Umm Terc or moooa if one of u guys happens to look at this you guys think u could fix it up and add animations or something like that cuz i would love it if u did so would alt plz

The possibility of new animations has been discussed to death... right now there is no way to do it. And Terc has his hands full with his own model.
 Scarecrow_ES
11-11-2002, 1:55 AM
it IS possible to create and UV map a model in Gmax and then import it into Milkshape to finish up the process.
 Kranckor
11-11-2002, 4:53 AM
I thought you trashed this model!
 Hellfire Jedi
11-11-2002, 8:22 AM
Thats what im asking if someone would FINISH it because i know barly anything about modeling
 Scotchy
11-11-2002, 8:38 AM
I don't have max and i doubt thats the only way people wouldnt model if u had to pay over 1000 dollars to make a model for a game....
Exactly why i was asking a friend with one of those and NO your wrong i know one milkshape that does that or something along those lines but i KNOW that it not the only one that can do that

Max is not required, per se, but it is the best solution. Maya or Lightwave might be able to do it assuming the appropriate import/export plugins were written. Gmax can weight and all that good stuff, but there isn't a .xsi importer/exporter for it yet (and probably won't be for a while). The .xsi importer/exporter is crucial.

About the price of MAX; it's more like $3500.00 professional license. I got mine for around $450.00 student license. But Maya and Lightwave aren't much better. Maya, Lightwave and Softimage|XSI (student versions) are all comperably priced ($400.00-$800.00 USD), but pro versions are costly.

Raven made the models with 3dsmax and Softimage|XSI; is it so unlikely that they expect most people to use the same software to augment the game?
 Hellfire Jedi
11-11-2002, 8:54 AM
Damn ur smart
Since you know so much stuff u think U could finish it?
I could toss u a email
 Psynex
11-11-2002, 10:46 AM
I have the ability to weigh gir for you, but I've never weighed a model for jk2 before. I need to learn though because I'm going to have to weigh my model eventually and if I know how to do it beforehand it will make it that much easier. The only thing I'm unsure of is how to attach gir to the skeleton because of size issues. Have to scale him up right? I didn't really pay that much attention to Yoda during creation so I'm not sure how they did that.
 Hellfire Jedi
11-11-2002, 1:37 PM
If u wanna give it a whorl Pm me
 Altimira
11-11-2002, 4:34 PM
BTW Alt. is me :)

well anyways, i have a skeleton in gmax form to weigh him, i got that from drjimmy515. but i dont know how, can i do the rest with gmax or do i need somthing higher? any help? do i need to export the xsi later?
 Hellfire Jedi
11-11-2002, 4:38 PM
:D
There is that cool guy from a CTF match the other day ;)
Ok guys there u go straight from the "horses mouth"- Hansmoleman :P
So u guys decide what we could do? Edd Peretti said he was too busy to rig it :(
Sooooooo
Hopefully someone else can take it :)
 Psynex
11-11-2002, 9:32 PM
You could rig it in gmax, but there's currently no exporter that supports skeletons and weighting. So you wouldn't be able to get it out of gmax fully rigged. From what everyone else has been complaining about in model threads, rigging is a b!t(h, so I don't want to say I'll devote time to that model. I have enough trouble finding time for my own work sometimes. Ummmm....gimme some more time to think it over.
 Hellfire Jedi
11-12-2002, 8:41 PM
Ok if u decide to Pm me iwith ya email address altimira and me will be very hapy u did remember this tho hes umm about yoda size just a tad bit bigger
 Kranckor
11-12-2002, 10:33 PM
It's YOU!
 Tuck
11-13-2002, 6:26 PM
'Ahh! My JK2 Skin of you isn't quite working!

'Yay!'

'No, that's bad GIR!'

'Yay!'
 Hellfire Jedi
11-13-2002, 6:47 PM
Its not good its excellent
But it needs to be finished =/
 Altimira
11-13-2002, 7:24 PM
If you guys have any help, or just need to say some gir quotes im available :cool:

Thrakus@cox.net

I AM POSTULIO! OBEEEY ME!!
 Duncan_10158
11-23-2002, 4:15 AM
Hellfire Jedi sent me the Gir model to finish it, that shoudnt be a problem, but i cant import it into 3dsmax cause the file is in .gmax format. i cant find a .gmax importer for 3dsmax anywhere, do i something wrong?

Does anybody know of a .gmax file importer for 3dsmax?
 Psynex
11-23-2002, 8:30 AM
nope. I think the root of the gmax file is secured so people won't make their own exporters. It would have to be exported from gmax as an MD3.
 Duncan_10158
11-30-2002, 3:26 PM
I solved the problem with the gmax file. i exported the model as md3 file and so could i imported into 3dsmax, as Psynex suggested.

it was quite a work to do, but i finished the gir model as far to bring it into the game. now i sent it back to Hellfire Jedi to test it. i hope he will post some pics.

and the head is realy big.
 Hellfire Jedi
11-30-2002, 3:43 PM
Yay duncan can u make it also so in JediMOD and JediPLUS he is scalled down to yoda's size?
 Hellfire Jedi
11-30-2002, 10:10 PM
Well i posted a little download for u guys and a picture *NOTE* this is ONLY a beta no sounds or CTF YET!
www.geocities.com/mikeman02341/help)
Download link is there enjoy it guys
 Sam
11-30-2002, 10:47 PM
I've been waiting for this model ever since Alt started it and Now it's almost finished. I can't wait :bored:
 Duncan_10158
12-01-2002, 10:33 AM
Yay duncan can u make it also so in JediMOD and JediPLUS he is scalled down to yoda's size?

scaling is not a thing of modeling, it must be done with the Mod itself. but what scale size would be best?

Another thing, the head is a bit big, fighting with saber is nearly imposible or just for real Jedi wich dont need to see. but its somehow fanny nothing to see.
 drjimmy515
12-01-2002, 11:11 AM
With regard to the sounds for GIR, I ripped and compiled a full set for Altimira back when this model was first under development. I still have them sitting on my HD somwhere... let me know if you want them and where to send them. With the recent advent of multiple taunts, some file renaming might be in order - honestly, I really don't have the time to mess with it, but all of the clips are well edited and normalized to appropriate volume levels. As far as I'm concerned, whoever puts together the actual model pack can have the final say on which sounds are used and for what actions, as long as they can rename stuff correctly.
 Hellfire Jedi
12-01-2002, 11:22 AM
1. Duncan i would say within the mod
if mod_clientscale is 1 then /size .5 seems to fit him best
2. drjimmy thanks man since i cannot make pk3's that work or i might learn if someone could teach me
jimmy blazoor@aol.com send me the sounds
Also anyone wanna do CTF for Gir?
 Enjoi9187
12-01-2002, 12:24 PM
sup hitman, i could whip up some sweet ctf pretty quick, want me to? although im a little confused omn the UVW, as to which green goes on his arm, makes his eyes, etc. But ill figure it out, also, i can pack it all up for you so all you need to do is add the sounds and to the sounds/player/name/misc folder and hes done :)
 Hellfire Jedi
12-01-2002, 12:26 PM
Sure i would be happy if u did i will add ur name now into the readme
 Enjoi9187
12-01-2002, 12:54 PM
Easy 3 min beta job :), now, i need some opinions, i can add some sith-like designs on the red version, but what shuold i do with the blue? or should i leave them as they are?

http://members.cox.net/quicksilverplaya/shot0001.jpg)

http://members.cox.net/quicksilverplaya/shot0003.jpg)
 SpYzEr
12-01-2002, 12:57 PM
Looks good Enjoi
 Enjoi9187
12-01-2002, 1:00 PM
btw, if you dont know how to do sounds, i do pretty well, and if you want, can rig the model for sounds, unless u already got it hellfire.
 Hellfire Jedi
12-01-2002, 1:22 PM
ok im thnkin about this and u can add sith like to the red after all it is YOUR skin on the model
And you can do sounds if u have some to put on it i will make sure that a 2 sound versions will ne released drjimmy and yours if u have sounds
 Hellfire Jedi
12-01-2002, 1:25 PM
And Enjoi if u can make a pk3 with the sounds and CTF and default skins and add that scale file in so in all plus and jedimod it is scaled down
but make SURE its /size .5
ok enjoi
In readme it says
Enjoi9187- Did ctf skins and sounds for 1.1 version
 Enjoi9187
12-01-2002, 1:30 PM
what i kmean is, what do they PEOPLE want, also, last night, u werent using .5, because i tried it out, and the model is bigger than everyone else for his head at least, like his head is so big at .5 he is about deasaans height. also, i need the sound from dr jimmy, so i can apply them in the pk3 and model
 El Sitherino
12-01-2002, 1:31 PM
i rigged up some sounds to if you want em.
 Hellfire Jedi
12-01-2002, 1:33 PM
drjimy isnt around but im sure he will give u them
but i WAS using .5 and he wasnt tal at all half the size of kyle but make him a little taller than yoda because smaller models like that need to be bigger once ur done with the skins pk3 all u have send me it i will post it on my site and it will get better
then next version (last will be sounds)
 El Sitherino
12-01-2002, 1:39 PM
im gonna put the sounds up on my site in a zip file if you wanna check them out i made 2 folders cuz i checked the sounds.cfg file and it confused me so i made miscm just to make sure. go here to get them (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JOFaF/files/)
 Enjoi9187
12-01-2002, 1:45 PM
ok, well i just put on clientscale and took some pics and here are the scales i pictured.

Size: .5
http://members.cox.net/quicksilverplaya/shot0005.jpg)

Size: .4
http://members.cox.net/quicksilverplaya/shot0006.jpg)

Size: .3
http://members.cox.net/quicksilverplaya/shot0007.jpg)

Also, sure man, id love the sounds, give them to me here holyfun@cox.net
 El Sitherino
12-01-2002, 1:55 PM
hey i put them on my site. my email's not working all that well.
Page: 1 of 2