Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Winamp Media File to MP3

Page: 1 of 1
 Edpao
11-09-2002, 10:02 PM
Is it possible that you can change a Winamp Media File into an MP3? I am trying to get a song on my MP3 player but it won't go on. Under the properties of the file, it says that it is a Winamp Media File. How do I change it to an MP3 file?
 Jed
11-09-2002, 10:10 PM
Hiya!

Did you mean a *.wma file?

Cuz there's no such thing as a Winamp file...
 Edpao
11-09-2002, 10:22 PM
Whoops, I meant under properties... on Type of File, it says MPEG File... and Opens With: Winamp... So is there anyway i can change Type of File to MP3?
 Hekx
11-09-2002, 11:32 PM
MPEG are videos.
MPEG3 are MP3s.

Winamp can't play videos.
If you set Winamp to control all of the basic media file assosiations it supports (WAV, AIFF, MP3 etc) the file is normally labelled as 'Winamp media file'.

So it most probably is an mp3. I turned on all file extensions, so I can see what is what :)
 MaulerZ
11-09-2002, 11:35 PM
I d/l the Yoda man commercial and it played in winamp and i believe if I'm not mistaken that is a video........
 pantha-too-kay
11-09-2002, 11:56 PM
Winamp3 plays videos if you ask it nicely but the earlier versions don't.

To recode a wma file to an mp3 you will need to use something like cdex (freeware - v good) which will port it from one format to another. You can get it from:

http://www.surf.to/cdex)

good luck young padawan
 Hekx
11-10-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by IVI3GAD3TH
I d/l the Yoda man commercial and it played in winamp and i believe if I'm not mistaken that is a video........ Winamp 3! Bleh! :)
I use good old Winamp 2.79 :)
 ondrahosek
11-10-2002, 4:05 AM
WMV means Windows Media Video. Not that I know of any way how to convert it...
Page: 1 of 1