Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Map for NRG Duel map pack. *Updated*

Page: 1 of 1
 The Truthful Liar
11-05-2002, 5:32 PM
Since I don't have the power to move threads from the mapping forum, I'll recreate the same one here. However I do have new shots now and the layout is finished! Next is detail and objects, lights and such.

Click. (http://www.nrgteam.com/previews_speedmap2.htm)

This is only the fourth day of production so be kind. :)
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
11-05-2002, 5:56 PM
nice man! lookin good, considering only 4 days in the making:D
 Wudan
11-05-2002, 5:56 PM
I like the light blue much more than the green you had in there.

The tex usage might be considered repetitive to others, but I think it's perfect - just add a few more touches to make it more dramatic.

Oh, and someday, soon, you'll see my true powers.
 Darth Kaan
11-05-2002, 7:07 PM
Very unique, especially the textures. :D
 SettingShadow
11-06-2002, 3:35 AM
Looks AWSOME........ hehe :)
 Colby Salmon
11-06-2002, 10:28 AM
That is a NICE map. And I agree with wudan, the light blue looks a lot better with the silver. I can't wait until you finish it. Keep up the good work!
[KOC] Maximum Gain:guard:
 The Truthful Liar
11-06-2002, 11:13 AM
Thanks, over at the mapping forum I was worried that no one cared since I never recieved any responses. I'll probably be heavily working on adding new things to the map today, updates should be up iether tonight or tomorrow.
 leXX
11-06-2002, 5:05 PM
WOW, that looks awesome! I can't wait to try it out. :D
 Elijah
11-06-2002, 6:27 PM
Wow, you'ev done alot sense you last showed me that... Great work.
 Colby Salmon
11-06-2002, 9:27 PM
Any idea to when it will be finished??

Elijah
11-07-2002, 3:21 AM
We Release the Duel pack as of December 1st
 The Truthful Liar
11-07-2002, 4:26 AM
You misunderstood me ZDawg, it comes directly after Xmas. All the maps will be ready on December 1st but then comes the beta testing and bot routes, gives us enough time for last minute changes if needed.
 Pad
11-07-2002, 1:41 PM
:thumbsup: looks very nice legion.

thought u sended me a pic that other day, but i guess i was wrong. u got some great skilles but i think u already knew that. ;)

nice map, pall
 Elijah
11-08-2002, 9:57 AM
Originally posted by AB_Legion
You misunderstood me ZDawg, it comes directly after Xmas. All the maps will be ready on December 1st but then comes the beta testing and bot routes, gives us enough time for last minute changes if needed.
*looks around*

eeeerrrr... my bad.

So we get all the maps by 12-01 and than release them at the end of the month?
 The Truthful Liar
11-10-2002, 10:27 PM
Okay, here's the latest. I'd say that the map is about 75% finished now, I've still some more lighting adjustments and a few more details to add.

Click. (http://www.nrgteam.com/previews_speedmap3.htm)

I'm currently working on a jk2 video where you get to see the gameplay flow in the map as well as alot of cool tricks that can be done. :cool: Expect it to be up later this evening.
 DapperDanMan
11-11-2002, 12:03 AM
Wow. Excellent map Legion. You got some real talent there. Keep up the great work. :D
 The Truthful Liar
11-11-2002, 4:50 AM
Alright, I've finished the map video you can download it off from the NRG site now. You will need Windows Media Player to play the following videos. (However I'm not certain if you need a codec, probably not, notify me if you do though.) Remember, just right click the link and select "Save as", or if you use Download accelerator (which I highly recommend) then copy the link and paste it into the program.

High res (800x600 - 123MB) speedmap.avi: Click. (http://www.nrgteam.com/downloads/speedmap.avi)

Medium res (400x300 - 61MB) speedmap_medium.wmv: Click. (http://www.nrgteam.com/downloads/speedmap_medium.wmv)

Tell me what you think of the gameplay and flow of the map! Anything welcome. :cool:

[Edit: I just want to let you all know the reason for such large file sizes is that the movie lasts for 5 minutes and 34 seconds long.]
 Eagle_e7
11-11-2002, 1:10 PM
Very nice map legion:thumbsup:
 The Truthful Liar
11-11-2002, 9:37 PM
Okay, I've just uploaded a lower res video for you all with 56k modems, it's still perfectly clear and so is the music, however the resolution is half the size than before.

Low res (200x150 - 28MB) speedmap_low.wmv: Click. (http://www.nrgteam.com/downloads/speedmap_low.wmv)
 Elijah
11-12-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by AB_Legion
Okay, I've just uploaded a lower res video for you all with 56k modems, it's still perfectly clear and so is the music, however the resolution is half the size than before.

Low res (200x150 - 28MB) speedmap_low.wmv: Click. (http://www.nrgteam.com/downloads/speedmap_low.wmv)

O_o 28MB is still a huge file on 56k... when i had 56k i didnt D/L files much bigger than 5 MB.
 Colby Salmon
11-13-2002, 11:09 AM
I have this program called "Kontiki." What it does is instead of downloading directly from the link, it downloads from different servers and sources. When I was downloading this, I was going at about 1150 Kbits/sec. Took maybe 5 min. to download!

Wudan
11-13-2002, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by Colby Salmon
I have this program called "Kontiki." What it does is instead of downloading directly from the link, it downloads from different servers and sources. When I was downloading this, I was going at about 1150 Kbits/sec. Took maybe 5 min. to download!

Sounds like rubbish to me - if it's web-published material, how could you have it download it from more than one source?
 Colby Salmon
11-17-2002, 1:02 PM
It works somewhat like KaZaa. But instead of getting the files from other computers, it gets it from other servers. www.kontiki.com) is the site name. Go there and see what it's all about. It was worth my while

Colby Salmon
11-17-2002, 1:05 PM
But Legion,

Great map!:D. I love the levels of fighting. My only concern is do you have to have someone grip you from above in order to get to the roof? :(

The Truthful Liar
11-19-2002, 5:02 AM
But Legion,

Great map!:D. I love the levels of fighting. My only concern is do you have to have someone grip you from above in order to get to the roof? :(

Thanks. :) Yes you have to do the following to get up; Someone grip or pull you, speed+rage+rocket jump also works.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I can't add much more detail since it'd kill your pc's :p however the layout and design is finished and perfect in my eyes. All that remains are weapon pickups and extra spawn points. Yes this will have ffa mode as well, it works best with 4vs4 max, preferably 2vs2 sabers only for best flow. :cool:
 Gignatz
11-19-2002, 7:01 AM
Eeek!! :eek:

/me runs away to the place all scared mappers run to when feeling insecure...

:D Nice one (again)!
 Colby Salmon
11-19-2002, 10:11 PM
That place will be insane! A FFA with guns in that tiny arena?!? I can't wait!

The Truthful Liar
11-22-2002, 8:02 AM
That place will be insane! A FFA with guns in that tiny arena?!? I can't wait!

Tiny? Haredly. :p

Here are a few updates I've made. Windows and weapons, enjoy. :cool:

Click. (http://www.nrgteam.com/previews_speedmap4.htm)
Page: 1 of 1