Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP carbonfreeze2 shots

Page: 1 of 2
 Livingdeadjedi
10-08-2002, 2:49 PM
OK first set of shots are at http://www.geocities.com/grey_fox_001/carbonfreezepage1.html)

good thing is that pit is alot wider than it looks.
and deeper :D
 Toonces
10-08-2002, 3:08 PM
heh, looks plenty wide :D You seem to have captured the scale of that area very well :) How's the Carbon Freeze area coming along?

[XG]darthVADER made me very jealous yesterday when he said he was trying out the map ;)
 grey_fox_001
10-08-2002, 3:47 PM
Not even a mention of my name? I feel so used lol.

Sorry people the site went down briefly but should be up soon (30 to 45 mins time). I am still adding the rest of the screens and the links are to be found on the main page.

www.geocities.com/grey_fox_001)

Go to the Carbon Freeze part and select a button to see the pics. Oh and enjoy :) .
 Madjai
10-08-2002, 4:02 PM
"The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer"

looks like a lot of people have been accessing your site.
 Livingdeadjedi
10-08-2002, 6:25 PM
hehe sorry grey_fox me ol chum :D

screenshots by grey_fox everyone :p
 Leslie Judge
10-08-2002, 6:47 PM
I could view the pictures. No word, just oh's and ah's. :) I didn't see the first version, but what I saw now was more than I expected.

Man, I hope my works can get close to this. But it's only hope, and I think it will be nothing more. :)
 Shadriss
10-08-2002, 9:57 PM
Let's face it guys, ,LDJ is THE mapper for this game. Heck... as good as the upcoming DOTF V2 is gonna be, ,it wouldn't have gooten that good without his work to build from. ALL BOW TO THE MASTER!

:)

Oh, and should I mention I've been playtesting this as it's been progressing.... nah. :)
 Gandel
10-08-2002, 11:07 PM
looks sweet. when do you expect to release it?
 monsoontide
10-09-2002, 5:00 AM
Excellent, the scale seems quite a lot larger than before.
You probably mentioned this in the other thread but please include bot support (The main issue I had with the original beta map).
P.S. Have you included the verticle sliding doors on the lower level? (i.e. the ones that Luke steps through that shut so fast they look like they'd sever you in two!)

Looking forward to this release :-)

Monsoontide
 Livingdeadjedi
10-09-2002, 12:51 PM
Yeah ive included those doors. Quite a few of them in fact on the route from the chamber.

Ive managed to make the Tube appear in the correct place
but because film is made up i had to work the tube for the REAL world HEHE
so its quite a walk from the carbon room but there nothing to be done for that.

And on ya way you can look at the nice texturing on the tube :D
 grey_fox_001
10-09-2002, 1:02 PM
...or you can just use speed like me ;).
 Lord_Plo_Koon
10-09-2002, 1:21 PM
LivingDeadJedi, what maps do you plan to do after this one?

P. S. FORCE SPEED ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Grets Sirob
10-09-2002, 3:36 PM
Actually, I don't really care, it'd be interesting to know, but wouldn't that be torture?
Considering that it would be another famous location done well as usual, I don't want to be tortured. I'd rather eagerly wait for this one!
*drool*
 Livingdeadjedi
10-09-2002, 4:40 PM
weeeelll :D ive joined the AOTC TC
i want to do most if not all the parts of the jedi temple =]]

might also have a go at padmes appartment and if im insane enough LOL Kamino :eek:
 keo718
10-09-2002, 6:34 PM
i want to do most if not all the parts of the jedi temple =]]

might also have a go at padmes appartment and if im insane enough LOL Kamino

Good Lord. Your going to make me start playing this game again.
 Toonces
10-09-2002, 6:48 PM
heh, I'm just psyced to be able to work with you LDJ, I can't wait to see ass the SW Goodness you do for the TC :)
 Livingdeadjedi
10-09-2002, 6:56 PM
Thanks Toonces =]]
OO must remember to add you to my ICQ =]] :D
 Grets Sirob
10-09-2002, 7:50 PM
Oh dangit!
He told us...
I can't wait now, I want those levels!!!
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*runs out screaming, "MUST HAVE LEVELS, MUST HAVE LEVELS!!!!!!!!!!!!"*
 grey_fox_001
10-14-2002, 11:54 AM
Bump!
 Livingdeadjedi
10-16-2002, 6:15 PM
Ok progress report :D

Well ive made the gantry area now. Just awaiting textures for some parts of it.

Meanwhile ive made 70% of carbon room and its looking perfect. Slight changes from movie on the walkways so it plays better for Bots, but the blue fog ive got really gives it a moody atmosphere =]]]

and the carbon machine works. with steam and all turning on when your lowered. One thing it doesnt freeze you, but then im a map maker not a scripter :p

I really need someone to think of a way to make a stand off shader of some steam, so the steam is a texture and not an Effect
might look kinda crappy though, but i cant add steam thats on all the while as the FPS drops to 5 :mad:
Oh it looks nice with steam but ya cant move LOL
 Livingdeadjedi
10-16-2002, 6:19 PM
oh and i mean steam around chamber not in pit HEHEHE
 monsoontide
10-16-2002, 10:50 PM
I don't suppose you could add SAGA support (It's actually very easy! - well, mostly...)

If you are curious about implementing it - feel free to contact me.

Monsoontide.
 keo718
10-16-2002, 11:35 PM
I don't suppose you could add SAGA support

Wow....
 inbredyokel
10-17-2002, 12:54 AM
Despite the somewhat lacking layout of the carbonfreeze beta, I always thought the deformability of the outside walkways made ffa sniper fights all the more fun. I hope you plan on incorporating more in your next release.
Awsome work :)
 Pnut_Man
10-17-2002, 9:11 PM
Those screenshots are very kool..hoping for some new shots of the carbon room soon..
 Lord_Plo_Koon
10-17-2002, 9:18 PM
I was playing the beta the other day and I never new about that path on th lift when you walk out of the building thing. It is so cool!
 Ray Stantz
10-19-2002, 4:07 PM
The Question I have is if the Carbon Freeze Chamber and the Gantry connect the right way as seen in the movie? I noticed on the beta map that it still connected by the means of MotS. Just wondering, doesnt really take away from the maps playability.
 Livingdeadjedi
10-19-2002, 4:15 PM
Well Ray the answer is i have made it so you come through the correct door. But the route is alot longer than in film.

To make it like film would be Impossible

It would appear the sets and the outside of the gantry in the film werent even thought about. the actual tube luke walks down in film from carbon room to gantry is so small you could jump to the end LOL :D

So its quite a Journey in my map for realism. No other way round it unless i have carbon chamber hanging in the pit shaft. :eek:

ive made it so theres closed doors but you MUST take the path to the door in the window room
 Livingdeadjedi
10-20-2002, 6:57 PM
new screenshots here
http://www.pcgamemods.com/file.php?id=7bcdf75ad237b8e02e301f4091fb6bc8)

the design of the chamber is even better now since they were taken :p

goto thank grey fox for pointing little detials out to me, even if i did dismiss some of them straight away HEHEHE :D

same goes for me ol chum XGdarthVADER me chief beta tester :rolleyes:
 Livingdeadjedi
10-20-2002, 7:00 PM
oh and Sergio for posting the Screenshots at PCgamemods
 keo718
10-20-2002, 7:34 PM
Good Lord....
 rolsen
10-20-2002, 9:04 PM
Ah, a carbon freeze chamber that doesn't hurt my eyes with too much red. Good work.
 Toonces
10-20-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by keo718
Good Lord....

I second that :)

:drop2:
 Pnut_Man
10-21-2002, 7:02 AM
Holy....tis beautifulish greaterness....

SHANNNAH!
 Eldritch
10-21-2002, 9:18 AM
What happened to the orangeish glow of the carbon chamber? That was one of the things I loved about that part in the movie...

It also looks too bright overall, but it's still incredible (I would expect nothing less from you). :D

-Anakin
 Livingdeadjedi
10-21-2002, 12:44 PM
thanks everyone :D yeah when i try to add the red needed for the top part of the chamber it sends the floor into all kinds of different colours LOL so might have to leave red. ...... i could go for an orange =]]] hmmmmmm :p

Anyway i like the fog i added to =]]

About the brightness it tends to be brighter on what time of day you play. and how bright you gamma is for the game.
 Eldritch
10-21-2002, 12:48 PM
Orange is fine. The brightness level for the other parts of the map is ok, but for the carbon chamber(s) (at least in the movie) it was pretty dark and lit primarily with orange/red and blue, I believe.

-Anakin
 Livingdeadjedi
10-21-2002, 12:49 PM
two good things that screenshots dont give justice to are.

1. You should see the carbon chamber in action =]]]] havnt got it to freeze anyone but it crushes you and the sounds are great =]]]]

2. If you fall off edge into foggy surround. you will enter a tube that spits you out into gantry pit area to your doom =]

or into that lower tube...... to your doom LOL

but i may add a teleport down in the tube to save you.

Got like a 50% split on people who want the tube luke falls into to kill you or to teleport you. Sometimes you get an odd fazing effect from sky when falling out of tube but other times ya dont. i think its if you get to close to the side of the mesh tube. So isnt too much of a worry.
 Eldritch
10-21-2002, 1:05 PM
Originally posted by Livingdeadjedi
2. If you fall off edge into foggy surround. you will enter a tube that spits you out into gantry pit area to your doom =]

You mean it doesn't have walls? The stage is just half-opened up like that? I don't understand...
 Livingdeadjedi
10-21-2002, 5:11 PM
naa basically under the fog layer. It shrinks down to a door with an area portal , then when that opens you fall into a tube that sends you out into gantry core

Its the way that the carbon room releases scrap and bits of rubbish :D

and the odd stormtrooper HEHEHE
 Eldritch
10-21-2002, 6:43 PM
Ah, ok... now I get it.
 Dark Jawa
10-23-2002, 11:33 AM
This level ROCKS !!!!!! :D :D :D
I saw there are no little lamps on the banisters "outside" (the place where Luke lost his hand)I think you must make that. And the carbon chamber must be a little darker. :) :) :)

--------------------------------------------
E-Web 100 %

:eets: Here (http://photos.lycos.com/PhotoCShare/PhotoAlbum.asp?CG=enckb72h3644v5n0286l63njk4&AID=389949)
--------------------------------------------
 Eldritch
10-23-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Dark Jawa
[B]This level ROCKS !!!!!! :D :D :D
I saw there are no little lamps on the banisters "outside" (the place where Luke lost his hand)I think you must make that. And the carbon chamber must be a little darker. :) :) :)

Yeah, right now the carbon chambers are too bright... what little lamps are you talking about though? I don't remember any lamps - anyone have a picture of it?
 Wudan
10-23-2002, 12:18 PM
Be sure to add that bar that Han and Chewie go to when they meet and fight JarJar's grandson.

That was my favorite scene.
 Eldritch
10-23-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by wudan
Be sure to add that bar that Han and Chewie go to when they meet and fight JarJar's grandson.

That was my favorite scene.

:confused: That sure was pointless...
 Wudan
10-23-2002, 12:37 PM
Oh, on the screenies, how did you get the ble gradiant ... thing - you know what I'm talkin bout.
 Livingdeadjedi
10-23-2002, 12:47 PM
Yep ive added those little lights.
i made a flare texture like the one in kamino map using photoshop but mine looks nicer EG more smooth :D

then i used shader ed to make it work.

Ive made carbon chamber darker now and proper coloured lights..

as for the blue fog that was easy peasy LOL :p

First find the texture with the word FOG on it and save it as a new name then ......

1. Look for the shader that would contain the fog. EG fogs ;)

2. Open it with wordpad

3. Copy and paste the lines of text youll need into a new wordpad ducument

4. Change the directory and the names of the textures to yours.
EG miune is textures/bespinnew/bespinfog or something like that LOL i cant be bothered to open up folder and check HEHEHE

5. save it as a new name EG name.shader .... the .shader bit makes it a shader :D

6.Make sure your new shader is in shaders folder in the base DIR

7. right click on it and do open with shaderED

8. Now change the opacity colour to blue =]]]] and save

so you could have PINK fog LOL
 Livingdeadjedi
10-23-2002, 5:58 PM
Hey ive found something very interesting today

My new map is absolutely HUGE right ,well one of my Colleagues at the AOTC TC wanted to look at the map file.

They use GTK radiant i use JK2radiant
and the map wouldnt open in GTK radiant as it was far to huge

I think ill stick with jk2radiant :D

And to put the icing on the cake

Hes been using GTK radiant since it came out and his comps been crashing badly for no reason all the time without doing anything while GTK was loaded

as soon as he uninstalled it and installed Jk2 radiant everything was fine.

So this would appear to be a graphics card incompatability or maybe something else.

Either way im sticking with Jk2radiant :p
 WhiteShdw
10-24-2002, 8:39 AM
I'll stick with GTK for now. It's only crashed once before, so i've had no problems. The new version(1.2.11) will have stuff that was contributed by Raven so that should probably be the definitive version for both people that use JK2 radiant and GTK radiant.
 Eldritch
10-24-2002, 8:42 AM
I'm running the most current version of GtK (1.2.10) and i've never had any crashes or problems with it. I find it's much easier to use than JK2.
Page: 1 of 2