Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP - Mace Windu SP Level

Page: 1 of 1
 AKPiggott
09-29-2002, 4:00 AM
You may (or may not) remember, but I posted some screenshots of a Malastare SP level where you control Mace Windu a few months back. Well, I decided to restart it. It looked very nice, but the layout was sloppy and all sorts. This time around, I'm taking away the "Mos Eisley" type style and making it more like Nar-Shaddaa... only rusty and not quite as grand in scale. Take a look at what I've made in the last few days:

Docking bay where you start:

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/7287.jpg)

Market underneath the landing pad:

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/7288.jpg)

Looking up at the landing pads from the market:

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/7289.jpg)

Docking bay exterior:

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/7290.jpg)

Docking bay exterior from another angle:

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/7291.jpg)

Comments? Suggestions? Questions?
 Boba Rhett
09-29-2002, 4:04 AM
I love you.

Keep doing what you're doing. :eek:
 Tyrion
09-29-2002, 4:41 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
I love you.

Keep doing what you're doing. :eek:

*Gasp* Rhett's one true love!!! Oh no..he's gonna breed....RUN TO THE HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!111

:D:D:D

But the level sure looks great
 keo718
09-29-2002, 9:07 AM
That looks good.
 Shadyz
09-29-2002, 11:48 AM
OMG I cnat wait!!!!
 rolsen
09-29-2002, 12:09 PM
Excellent choice on the orange and gold lighting. Looks fantastic!
 keo718
09-29-2002, 3:13 PM
My only suggestion is to please make it as big as possible.
 AKPiggott
09-29-2002, 3:42 PM
It's gonna be pretty big, but not over-whelmingly huge. I'm going for quality over quantity. Top class cutscenes with authentic voice actors and everything, killer story that is carefully narrated. If you want a good idea of the sort of levels I make, go to Massassi Temple and try some of my old MotS levels (BoaM and ToaM most notably).
 WhiteShdw
09-29-2002, 4:03 PM
Originally posted by AKPiggott
Top class cutscenes with authentic voice actors and everything

So your gonna use Sam Jackson as your voice actor? Sounds expensive ;)

Those screens look very promising. I'm really looking forward to this.
 keo718
09-29-2002, 4:05 PM
Will it be a series of missions or just one? Do you have a plot yet?
 JavaGuy
09-29-2002, 5:50 PM
Beautiful! Absolutely stunning.
 Shadyz
09-29-2002, 9:27 PM
OMG I cant wait pt2!!!
 UltimateZeus
09-30-2002, 1:26 AM
I'm really impressed. Those building shots are awesome. Are those all custom textures and shaders
 AKPiggott
09-30-2002, 3:34 AM
Originally posted by WhiteShdw

Heh.. I wish...

I'll get somebody who's a real good sound-a-like..

I know this guy I worked with on my MotS levels who is a fantastic voice actor. He can do great impressions of Yoda, the Emperor, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, General Mohc (the bad guy from Dark Forces) and Han Solo. I'll ask him first if he can do a good Sam impression, if not I'll look elsewhere.
 Eldritch
09-30-2002, 9:19 AM
Level is looking very nice. I am interested as to what the plot of the stage will be. Also, i'm pretty good at doing voices myself. Haven't tried Sam yet (I would want to do him justice) but maybe i'll see what I can do... anyway, if it doesn't work out, or you just need another voice actor, let me know.

-Anakin
 AKPiggott
09-30-2002, 12:34 PM
OK, nice one. Thanks for volunteering. I'm not recruiting voice actors yet, but I'll bear it in mind.
 Kengo
09-30-2002, 1:04 PM
Looks amazing, really looking forward to this one, aside from the obvious great structural work and lighting, Malestare is a really interesting location, and Mace Windu an exciting main character. Woohoo! :)
 JavaGuy
09-30-2002, 3:04 PM
If you _do_ get Sam Jackson, be sure to have a line where he says, "Hand me my lightsaber. It's the one that says 'Bad (expletive).'" ;)
 Sithcloak
09-30-2002, 4:24 PM
It looks great, I can't wait. I'm pretty sure this will be the first fan made level/mod that includes voice acting. When you get to beta testing, can I help out?

Sithcloak
 Emon
09-30-2002, 4:50 PM
Originally posted by AKPiggott
OK, nice one. Thanks for volunteering. I'm not recruiting voice actors yet, but I'll bear it in mind.

1. You should get Ubuu to do Mace Windu! :p

2. Come to #TACC and ask around for voice actors for extras, I'm sure plenty of people will help. Cool Edit 2000 is really good for voice tweaking, I can make myself sound like four different people with it.
 starunner
09-30-2002, 8:01 PM
I think you've got the makings of a great sp mission here, those shots look really, really good. I'd also like to mention that "Birth of a Mercenary SE" was one of the addon campaigns I played while waiting for JO to be released, and I enjoyed it immensely. Can't wait for this to be released... ;)
 Emon
09-30-2002, 8:21 PM
ToaM: BTM was just classic...

Chewie: Yes old bean, I myself and quite impartial to roast beef with a side of mashed potatoe.

Han: :eek: Wha-wh-wha'd you say Chewie??

Chewie: *Wraaaar!*

Han: Phew... I oughta lay off the liqour.

George: When I say take your clothes off, TAKE ALL YOUR ****ING CLOTHES OFF!

George: It's called blue screen, you idiot!

Han: But it's green...

George: *Blah blah I don't remember* DOESN'T MCHALE GIVE YOU ANY ****ING DIRECTIONS!?
 StrSk8er
09-30-2002, 8:48 PM
what type of badguys are in it, reborn or storms. and what model of mace are you gonna use.
 AKPiggott
10-01-2002, 5:48 AM
It'll have both gun enemies and saber enemies.

Originally posted by Emon
2. Come to #TACC...

Oooh... I don't go there anymore... I founded that channel.. and after not going a couple of weeks it was nicked off me by somebody who doesn't even visit TACC... bah.
 idontlikegeorge
10-01-2002, 2:16 PM
cool screens, although i liked the old landing platform better, it looked more on the outskirts of the city

i agree the lighting is very cool
 boredboy
10-16-2002, 9:35 AM
impressive.
when is this sp level coming out?
 Darth Loki
10-31-2002, 5:22 PM
Majorly looking forward to this Ak. Any new screens?
 Altus_Thrawn
10-31-2002, 8:11 PM
Looking good!
I like the look of Nar Shadda.
And I think I also should thank your sreenies for finally telling me what my maps are missing: detail on walls.

Hi Sithcloak.
 Kururin
11-01-2002, 9:38 AM
Dont use Reborns or Stormtrooper. Mace Windu is dead while they're around.Use Battle driods, Trandoshan, Rodians, and Gran
and Weequay. For saber fights i really dont know what you should use.
 Wudan
11-01-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by WhiteShdw

Those screens look very promising. I'm really looking forward to this.

Samuel L Jackson is an actor who plays a role for intrigue, not money. Sometimes he likes a role so much, he'll produce the film he wants to star in. Plus, he's a huge fan of Star Wars, that's how he came to be in Episode 1.

So, I'd try to contact Samuel L Jackson to do the voice, to be honest. The worst that could happen is he'd say no, and you'd go back to your original idea of having a 'sound-alike' stand in for the man. It'd be awesome.
 Shadriss
11-01-2002, 2:58 PM
Wudan - That has to be the best laugh I got all day. True, he's a big SW fan. True, that's how he got the role in EP1. But lets check into reality here - DO you honestly think he's gonna do a couple of cameo voiceovers for, at most, one or two levels of a MOD for a game that he may not even PLAY!?! FOR FREE!?!?!

I pause now for gales of laughter in your direction. :)

Then there comes the question of contacting him in the first place. Yup, there's his phone number, listed inthe yellow pages... Riiiiiiiiight. Everything he sees written is gonna be screened first anyway by someone else, and they'd file it in the circular file (trash can for you non-office types) and that would be that.

Now, I'm not saying that it wouldn't be the niftiest thing for the game to ever happen. I mean, think about the DRAW that kind of claim would give this map! (With special voice-over appearance by Sam L. Jackson!) If, somehow, someway, there was a chance of this happening, I'd say go for it.

But realistically... Let's just say the odds-makers in Vegas would make a BIG killing.
 AKPiggott
11-02-2002, 11:39 AM
Look at it this way, Mace Windu has appeared in a number of Star Wars games and Sam has never acted as him once.

I tell you something funny, we could've probably got Carrie Fisher as Leia on the SWTTC for MotS a few years back. Shame Earl forgot her e-mail address.

There's some newer shots on my Massassi EC page:

http://www.massassi.net/ec/view.php3?user_id=187)

I'll be posting a new set of screenshots when Toonces' Mace model comes out. These ones will actually have in-game combat and cutscenes in them.

Originally posted by Kururin
Dont use Reborns or Stormtrooper. Mace Windu is dead while they're around.Use Battle driods, Trandoshan, Rodians, and Gran
and Weequay. For saber fights i really dont know what you should use.

I've actually had the privilage of seeing all the Star Wars films, so I was well aware of that. Basically, this level will feature all new characters, enemies, title screens, HUD textures and music, but I'm not changing any of the game mechanics, so that it is still familiar to JO players. That's the way I've always made levels. Take what LucasArts/Raven have made and create your own version of it.
 Wudan
11-02-2002, 12:42 PM
Ok, ok, at least I got laughs :P

i better respond b4 som3 n3wb st@rts f7@m1ng me.
 Darth Loki
11-05-2002, 5:55 PM
looks mad. technically, the main enemy would be grans, would it not?
 lonepadawan
11-06-2002, 12:06 PM
If your going to have saber fights- make it one big one. Yes in JK2 there was lots but mainly because it was cool and the plot demanded it. This is set around Ep1/Ep 2 I'm guessing. You could have 1 dark jedi I suppose, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not hundreds. 1 end boss.
Oh and since the other inhabitants of malastare are dugs you may be interested in the sebulba model over in the modeling forums.
Looks awsome!
 Gignatz
11-06-2002, 1:03 PM
very nice looking map m8...like the colour of the lighting
 Shadriss
11-06-2002, 1:04 PM
I'm not sure you'd even want to call the enemy a "dark jedi" either. Just from a few things said during the second movie, I get the impression that those practically never happened to that point. Yes, we had the 23 who left the order (or whatever number it was) but, ,with the exception of Dooku (duh), the impression is simply that they left, not became dark. The Sith have a definitive number (both accounted for) and, to my knowledge, Palpatine hasn't started training his little forcec users yet... although that DOES give you an opening... the first Emporer's Hand, perhaps?
 Darth Loki
11-07-2002, 5:09 PM
actually, if it is set before ep1, you wouldn't have any saber fights at all - remember mace thought they are extinct... if it is set between ep 1 and 2, you wouldn't have any saber fights either, because at he start of ep 2 mace was defending dooku and didn't know about palpatine.

so in effect, he wouldn't fight and sith lords. maul was already dead or mace didn't know about him, and mace didn't know about dooku. unless it is set after ep 2...
 lonepadawan
11-08-2002, 12:43 PM
So? Bounty Hunter have invented a dark jedi- So have lots of EU books in that period Xantos etc.
 Quotation
11-08-2002, 2:39 PM
I do believe, judging by his Avatar, that AK has acquired the Mace Windu model.....:p
 Eldritch
11-08-2002, 3:08 PM
Originally posted by lonepadawan
So? Bounty Hunter have invented a dark jedi- So have lots of EU books in that period Xantos etc.

I think the EU, or Expanded Universe should be changed to the NGLU (Not George Lucas' Universe) - the only stuff I care about with Star Wars is the canon stuff. Everything else is someone else's imagination, and from what i've seen of it, many of the authors look like they've spent too much time watching daytime TV, as it's all so soap-opera like.
 lonepadawan
11-08-2002, 5:13 PM
Many people will disagree. The only way to completely avoid EU is to watch the films and nothing else- and a lot of EU has crept into the films too. All star wars games are mostly EU. JK2 especially. I have to say I don't like some of the EU authors ideas- (the fact that the galaxy is CONSTANTLY at conflict, or the fact they refuse to let some characters who died in the films- die) but I do really like some of their others. Anyway AKs level is his own creation so he can EASILY invent a bad guy.
 Shadriss
11-08-2002, 6:20 PM
Essentially, you're correct. My point was that the force user enemies should not abound as they did in the base game. It wouldn't fit with the time period. Using one or two as major opponants (boss characters) would be good, ,but I think it best if we didn't actually see them until JUST before the battle itself - we'll discover they exist at the same time Windu does...
 Emon
11-08-2002, 8:32 PM
I'm personally tired of games where you never fight and/or see the end boss until the end of the game... that's why I'm working on an SP level for JO. You'll actually meet, and fight, the end boss in the first level. However, he won't die until the end, because he wouldn't be an end boss, now would he?
 WhiteShdw
11-09-2002, 6:39 AM
Originally posted by Emon
I'm personally tired of games where you never fight and/or see the end boss until the end of the game... that's why I'm working on an SP level for JO. You'll actually meet, and fight, the end boss in the first level. However, he won't die until the end, because he wouldn't be an end boss, now would he?

sounds good. That's how i would do it. But you can go even further. Why kill the enemy at the end? You can just stop his plan and let him escape, or emprison him. That way you can still use him in a sequel.

The best thing they did in X-men was not kill Magneto in the first movie. :)

And the Star Wars Trilogy wouldn't be very fun if Darth Vader was killed in the first movie.
 lonepadawan
11-09-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Shadriss
Essentially, you're correct. My point was that the force user enemies should not abound as they did in the base game. It wouldn't fit with the time period. Using one or two as major opponants (boss characters) would be good, ,but I think it best if we didn't actually see them until JUST before the battle itself - we'll discover they exist at the same time Windu does...

My point exactly. And Emon- that sounds great!
Page: 1 of 1