Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

RPG Problems/Discussion

Page: 1 of 1
 Redwing
09-27-2002, 8:32 PM
I have started to think a thread like this is necessary. If it works out, I'll leave it up here, if not, I'll just unsticky it and let it drop ;)

Please post major RPG related problems or discussion here so as not to clutter up the story and confuse everyone. (If you have proposals or something, you could stick it here too I guess ^.^)
 Admiral
09-28-2002, 1:16 AM
Alright Scarface Here are the problems Irvine Cracken travelling back in time and fighting the Revenant.

1. He can't travel back with out the time matrix, and Ken'atra has it.

2. Your time streaming device doesn't work since it goes against Cracken's character. If Cracken had access to such a device he wouldn't hesitate to use it.

3. How would Irvine now where to go. The exact time ect. The others are pulled with the time matrix, Irvine isn't. He would have no idea where to go.

4. If he is there to save the future then going back to Ken'atra childhood home doesn't make sense. Irvine would go to the time of the holocaust and try and stop that.

5. Revenant is going after Ken'atra to try and save the galaxy not destroy it.

6. We already know how the Cantina: holocaust thread is supposed to end, it was agreed upon in the discussion thread. Your changing that.

7. You are changing the timing of the RPG as well, it is going to cover 20 years not just a few.

8. Irvine would not know about the Revenant. So he could not go back and stop it.

9. For Irvine to go back in time, it would screw up both rpgs. Let him stay in the holocaust one.

10: It is Impossible for him to know the exact date, time, and planet that the Revenant appears.

Those are only the problems I can think of off the top of my head. There are others I can assure you of that.
-----------------------------
Possible sollution:

You create a new character. A jedi who carries 2 lightsabers, he is on Raynor and sense the fear eminanting form the Ken'atra house. He decides to investigate to see Revenant approaching the house. When the android goes after Ken'atra he decides to step in.

This will allow you to have a character with the ablities you want Irvine to have in Cantina 7, not disrupt the rpgs. Give you a little more freedom in developing the character, and solve all the problems listed above.

Finally, personally I don't think you should have Irvine in Cantina 7, as there are to many problems it would create.
 Kuuki
09-28-2002, 11:12 PM
a: the Irvine in Cantina 7, can or cannot be the same Irvine in the holocuase thread, he can be one infinite possible outcomes caused by alterations of the time line done with the time matrix

b: Im still thinking of a few things that would definately get me out of the prediciment with Irvine being present there, either having a doublicated version of the time matrix, or useing it himself after it was used by the cantiners

c: Irvine in the Cantina 7 thinks revenant is the key to stoping the holocuast from happening

d: well screw it, i give up ^_^ change his name to Ivan or something, by a mod at least ^_^
 Redwing
09-29-2002, 4:05 AM
a) The Time Matrix does not create infinite possible outcomes. It alters one outcome of the timeline while protecting those using it. Because of that protection, it doesn't need to create other outcomes.

b) The Time Matrix cannot be affected by physical means, and it cannot be duplicated.

c) As was stated earlier, that could be a possibility, but the Revenant would need some sort of other major significance that it doesn't seem to have currently...

d) XWA-RP has no available moderators.
 Kuuki
09-29-2002, 1:51 PM
admiral already gave me a fix, about them god-like people that he mentioned :)
 Admiral
09-29-2002, 2:45 PM
I told you to talk to Redwing about it. I just gave a suggestion.
 Kuuki
09-29-2002, 2:51 PM
i pmed him, but i never really put it in yet ^_^
 Redwing
09-29-2002, 5:44 PM
Well, it's not that simple; Craynor would need a reason to want the Revenant destroyed, or a specific task to have Irvine accidentally perform. I really don't see why he would be so bugged by the Revenant being there. Maybe that will change, tho. ^.^
 Kuuki
09-30-2002, 7:44 PM
with out Revenant giving out the recorded message, the holocuast would have been a certainy, but we all know now thats too late...

but Irvine would most likey recieve another way to "save the galaxy" from them. ^_^
 Admiral
09-30-2002, 8:50 PM
Um. The Aesir are the caused the holocaust, because their lord Odin was killed in the Crimson Star.
 Kuuki
09-30-2002, 8:58 PM
yeah, but this is trying to fix why Irvine is going after Revenant
 Redwing
10-01-2002, 3:49 AM
Scar, I meant the real reason an evil near-all-powerful super-being would want the Revenant destroyed or attacked, not the story he would have the Drode feed Irvine.

Death and I discussed this actually, and the solution above would probably work - but the more Irvine interferes with matters (screws things up) in C7, the better.
 Deac
10-01-2002, 3:58 PM
What is the obsession with the Revenant!?

And Scar, your char for Resistance breaks just about all the rules. They're also supposed to be against the empire.
 Kuuki
10-01-2002, 8:21 PM
*ahem* I PLAY THE BAD GUY IN RESISTENCE!!!

Scar, I meant the real reason an evil near-all-powerful super-being would want the Revenant destroyed or attacked, not the story he would have the Drode feed Irvine.

Death and I discussed this actually, and the solution above would probably work - but the more Irvine interferes with matters (screws things up) in C7, the better.

well, this evil near-all-powerful super-being would want a smaller galaxy to god over the a large one

hence near-all-powerful

so w/o revenant to do something, holocuast would still happen, but if revenant did this thing, the holocaust wouldnt have happened

but when i mean when i said this:
but Irvine would most likey recieve another way to "save the galaxy" from them. ^_^
it was sarcastic, it ment that Irvine ment be sent a message through time being givin another target
 Redwing
10-02-2002, 12:08 AM
Maybe Deac doesn't want you to play a bad guy in Resistance? ^.^

"well, this evil near-all-powerful super-being would want a smaller galaxy to god over the a large one

hence near-all-powerful"

This "near-all-powerful super-being" isn't a new character to be invented like this. He already has established actions, motives and purposes. Plus I don't understand what you were trying to say :confused:

"so w/o revenant to do something, holocuast would still happen, but if revenant did this thing, the holocaust wouldnt have happened"

You're wrong. Reread Cantina 7 to understand what the Revenant is. Deac was killed, and the cyborg half of his body regenerated and waited four thousand years to stop Ken'atra. It is running a "Revenant" program; "Revenant" means someone who returns after death.

THE REVENANT DID NOT CAUSE THE HOLOCAUST. NOR DID IT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING THE HOLOCAUST.

Understand that, please. Also understand that Ken'atra was trying to prevent the Holocaust, just going about it all wrong - by attempting to screw up history enough so that it wouldn't happen. He would have succeeded (without our interference), but only made the galaxy a far worse place.

The only way for Irvine to believe that the Revenant caused the Holocaust is if he's been lied to.

The motive I can see now is ...well my post in C7 should imply it.
 Kuuki
10-02-2002, 10:18 PM
i already stated that getting rid of Revenant really would hinder for the cantina 7ers from saving the galaxy, but the story that was told to IRvine was that he'd kill revenent he'd save that galaxy

you need to reread posts too

and yes ive stated in multiple these like messages that irvine was lied to.
 Redwing
12-21-2002, 12:31 AM
I have some "protocol" questions related to the Cantina Spinoff (Postlude to Holocaust). ^_^

First: Are we going to end the thread, and start a new one to make it a multiparter saga a la Cantina? If so, I think the time is almost right to do so. If not, disregard everything else ;)

Second: I can end the thread (or Deac, or Admiral, or pretty much anyone with some direct control over the situation and doesn't create a really bad ending and get everybody mad ;)) but who will begin the new one?

Superthrawn by rights should. But superthrawn isn't here. Deac, do you want to? Or shall I? Or the person who ends the RPG? Or what?

All very unimportant *cough* ;) questions that honestly don't matter all that much should be answered as quickly as possible due to their extreme importance! :D

edit: Posted this in the wrong thread - sorry
Page: 1 of 1