Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Im 18 and im makin Squall Leonheart..

Page: 3 of 4
 superdude201
10-23-2002, 7:17 AM
Originally posted by Double_S84
How do i start one of those threads that looks like a poll?

I thinmk when u create a thread and written what u want to say in your post to make a poll you need to check one of the boxes in the options catergory
 MysticSpade
10-23-2002, 7:46 AM
i hate to get technical but i love FF games and i might get a screw you on this post but if you're makin Squall from KH wouldn't his name be Leon. cuz that is the dudes name in KH. i know there's a back story to why it's this way Xyphox you'd know you beat the game. but all i know is his name's Leon. if someone'd let me in on the secret i'd appreciate it. also Xyphox i sent you a PM.
 -Chrono_MOT-
10-23-2002, 8:18 AM
His name is Squall. Yuffie calls him Squall in the very beginning. However, Squall corrects and requests she call him Leon.

Backstory *SPOILERS*:

Years ago in Hollow Bastion Aerith, Cloud, Ansem, Squall, Yuffie, and other Final Fantasy characters (that were either killed or absorbed into the darkness, which explains their absence) all lived together in harmony. Ansem discovered the Heartless and decided to try an obtain their power. When the first wave appeared (the real heartless, not the fake ones you fight at first), Squall was one of the first to try and protect his friends, alongside Cloud and the remaining survivors. He wasn't beaten easily, but just because he lost...he retreated to Traverse Town. Being ashamed that someone might recognize him as "Squall Leonheart, the loser who couldn't defeat the heartless" he tells everyone his name is Leon.

So, both names are correct.
 MysticSpade
10-23-2002, 9:45 AM
thx Chrono for the info cuz i was conused as can be with that. but didn't Squall have brown hair not black or did he die it as well. but i appreciate the correction. i'm buyin the game when i gets my PS2 sometime this week. i just wanna fight Sephiroth in the colloseum. i love sephiroth. he's a bad mofo.
 -Chrono_MOT-
10-23-2002, 12:51 PM
No, Squall's hair is brown. Everyone seems to think that his hair is a different color in KH, but it's not. Just more cartoonish.
 MysticSpade
10-23-2002, 3:48 PM
he still looks cool as hell man so i don't mind. but i can understand the cartoonish feel.
 Double_S84
10-24-2002, 12:41 AM
I just got a ps2. Soo i will be gettin kingdom hearts and im gonna edit Squall a little just to make it a little more like him. Since ill have the game next to my pc.
 Double_S84
10-29-2002, 5:50 AM
BUMP
 -Chrono_MOT-
10-29-2002, 8:15 AM
If my Chrono and Cloud models work out (god-willing, I've never modeled before) I will definitely be starting on a Squall and Magus ^_^.

Stay tuned.
 raiden668
10-29-2002, 3:05 PM
mm, Chrono, how long would it take you to model Seifer's Gunblade, Hyperion?
 -Chrono_MOT-
10-29-2002, 6:03 PM
maybe a few days if I had reference pictures on it.
 Double_S84
11-04-2002, 11:50 PM
bump
 ZASH
11-05-2002, 10:40 AM
Hmmm, Chrono is making a Cloud Model huh? What happened to the other one? Double, Have you gotten Squall UVMapped yet?
 Eldritch
11-05-2002, 11:47 AM
Nah, I think Double let the project die. I haven't seen him around for a while.
 superdude201
11-05-2002, 2:30 PM
NOOo!!! dont let it die. I aint a big ff fan i going to try games though but your model looks great and if your really desparate i'll give it a shot at uv mapping it for you
 Double_S84
11-07-2002, 12:10 AM
Nope aint dead. Ive just been bussy with my clan DoH.
Well if you wanna try go ahead and give me your email ill send away. Whoever wants to finish it go for it. I am done nothin more i can do.
 Eldritch
11-07-2002, 12:54 AM
Nope aint dead. Ive just been bussy with my clan DoH.
Well if you wanna try go ahead and give me your email ill send away. Whoever wants to finish it go for it. I am done nothin more i can do.

This begs the question - why would you start a model if you weren't planning on doing whatever you could to see it gets out?

I've seen more models go the way of the dodo because the modelers just drop the project and go, "Well, there's nothing else I can do."
 Double_S84
11-07-2002, 1:08 AM
I was completly new when startin it so i didnt know that was involved in gettin it released!!!! When you try to uv mapp that head and do it right ill take you seriously.

Dude i started like a week or two after you in this forum why do you have so many posts????:eek:

Good God:Bad Satan Mwahahahahha.......ha
 Eldritch
11-07-2002, 9:40 AM
I was completly new when startin it so i didnt know that was involved in gettin it released!!!! When you try to uv mapp that head and do it right ill take you seriously.

Dude i started like a day or two after you in this forum why do you have so many posts????:eek:

Good God:Bad Satan Mwahahahahha.......ha

1) I joined the forum two (2) weeks before you showed up, NOT one or two days.

2) I shouldn't have to try and UVMap the head. As the modeler, that should be your job, as it's your model.
 Double_S84
11-08-2002, 12:05 AM
1: Please dont be so anal bout when you started. I mean god its a forum.

2: No it is absaths model. I was merely editing it.

BTW: It seems you werent payin to much attention before you posted. The model is in milkshape. That means it will be hard or near imposible for me to get it to 3ds max. Which i also dont have. So it is not just the uv mappin. Problems that i doubt the all knowing Jedi anakin s Probably couldnt solve himself. So in closing please withdraw your teeth from my P3nnis

Thanx
 Eldritch
11-08-2002, 12:27 PM
1: Please dont be so anal bout when you started. I mean god its a forum.

2: No it is absaths model. I was merely editing it.

BTW: It seems you werent payin to much attention before you posted. The model is in milkshape. That means it will be hard or near imposible for me to get it to 3ds max. Which i also dont have. So it is not just the uv mappin. Problems that i doubt the all knowing Jedi anakin s Probably couldnt solve himself. So in closing please withdraw your teeth from my P3nnis

Thanx

1. You were the one who brought up the join date. I was only correcting you, because you were off by about 2 weeks.

2. It is Absath's model, but it's your project.

BTW : I don't understand why you would model (or edit) something in Milkshape knowing you couldn't get it to 3ds Max. And I don't have to solve problems like that - I would just avoid them by thinking it through and using my head before starting a model that would most likely never make it to the game.
And so in closing, keep your insults to yourself. There's no need to show your age (which you obviously are self-conscious about - just look at the title of your thread) and be immature.
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-08-2002, 12:38 PM
umm...if you have milkshape, you should be able to export it to a format 3ds can read.
 KMan
11-08-2002, 3:46 PM
Yeah, like the .3ds file format. HINT HINT!
 Double_S84
11-08-2002, 8:01 PM
I had no idea there would be a problem with milk shape when i started.
 Eldritch
11-08-2002, 10:27 PM
I had no idea there would be a problem with milk shape when i started.

Well according to KMan there's a solution.
 Double_S84
11-08-2002, 11:17 PM
I DO NOT HAVE 3D STUDIO MAX #!!!!!!!!!!!!
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-08-2002, 11:29 PM
But most of the modelers here do. HINT HINT.
 Eldritch
11-08-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-
But most of the modelers here do. HINT HINT.

By god you're a tad thick, Double. HINT HINT means export it from Milkshape in a format 3Ds Max can use (like .3ds) and give it to someone to finish.
 Double_S84
11-10-2002, 3:05 AM
I would but my milk shape expired like a month ago. So i cant save ne thing. But i did however tell a friend about it and hopefully he will export it for me. Then send it back.

Just ttellin yas so you know that it didnt die just bein put into other hands. :rolleyes:
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-10-2002, 10:48 AM
And you couldn't fork out $20, why? You realize that some people on here could export it out to 3DS using Milkshape ALOT faster than your "friend" probably could?

I'm thinking that this model is not only dead, but is probably not coming back. ^_^
 DrakkenVII
11-10-2002, 3:25 PM
holy s***@!

Jump on the godamn bandwagon will ya?
The guy said he was new to modeling a while ago and now your all bashing him for not knowing how to export it to 3ds?
Who in all honsty cares?

And you couldn't fork out $20, why?

(I wouldn't pay $20 for a crappy program like milkshape when I could get 3dsmax off my brother.)

You realize that some people on here could export it out to 3DS using Milkshape ALOT faster than your "friend" probably could?
(This is where the 'trust' issue comes into play.. What garauntee does he have that once he sends you the models you dont just take all the credit for it? Imperial Guard anyone?)

Give the guy a break already. He's trying hes done all he can instead of getting on his case offer him suggestions.
I know you all mean well with the export to 3ds but try to be a little more tactful ok?

Double send me the f***ing model I have max I'll finish it up myself if i have to..

As for dead models..

Hows Samus coming Kman? XD
 -Chrono_MOT-
11-10-2002, 8:05 PM
Well, I'll only answer one of your pathetic questions. As far as trust goes, there isn't one modeler here who would steal other people's work. Not that I would recommend him to, anyway. Saik Huat is the person you speak of, who cut and pasted parts of models without permission. That stuff is severely frowned upon here...and the only people who are accepting of it are the damned n00bs who cry "OMG this model r0xx0rs I have 2 have it!"
because they can't do it their damn selves.

Toonces, KMan, Jolts, and many others would NOT steal someone else's work. We've all helped each other get models working at one point or another, so a miniscule model like this wouldn't be worth their time "claiming as their own". We're artists, not greedy bastards.
 Sephiroth CR
11-10-2002, 9:49 PM
Anyone here know if Twisted Vertex is still workin on Sephiroth?
 Eldritch
11-11-2002, 1:01 AM
If he is he hasn't posted anything in quite a while.
 Double_S84
11-11-2002, 1:14 AM
Drakken i will send you the model just need your email. Thanx for tryin to stick up for me but it doesnt really bother me and arguin is kinda fun. But i didnt have my friend (WHO IS A MEMBER OF THESE FORUMS:) to help me get it exported yet. So it is still in the milkshape format.
Hit me back and tell me if that is a prob. BTW the mosdeling is done just need to get the uv crap done, put him in game a skin him ne one could do that for it i dont mind.
 Lullin
11-15-2002, 1:02 AM
hey Double_S84, How did you get started on the model? I'm trying to learn how to use gmax and its confusing me.
 nucular_jedi_14
11-25-2002, 11:22 AM
and hey why not work on zidane when u get done. I mean the tail might be hard 2 get but it would be worth it
 Dark Panther
12-09-2002, 5:55 PM
I (kinda, look at the bottom) made 2 beta gunblade models for JK2. They are the flamesaber gunblades from FF8, and I, like other people here, don't have 3ds, but I do have milkshape. Double S84, if you want to take a look at them, just ask and I'll send them. If you like 'em, relay them to another modeler, who can skin it and finish it. Yeah, OH, also, I could make one of them take the place of the bryar and fire as well.

*note*- I did not actually model them myself, and do not take full credit for making them. I simply had the ingenious idea to merge a GUN, and a swordBLADE, hence GUNBLADE.so don't ride my @ss about not modeling it myself, you all want a gunblade, I got one for ya. BOOYA!....ehh yeah.
 Dark Panther
12-09-2002, 5:58 PM
I forgot, even though I didn't create the models, could I still have credit when/if you guys release it?
 SpYzEr
12-09-2002, 6:00 PM
Originally posted by Dark Panther
I forgot, even though I didn't create the models, could I still have credit when/if you guys release it?

And why would you get credit? You have to either model or skin or UV Map or something like that to the model to get credit...
 Dark Panther
12-09-2002, 7:10 PM
Shut the hell up! You know why I should get credit? I should get credit for a temp fix for whiny people like you, who want to request everything they can think of, and want to get it when they request it. Hey @ss, did you ever think that modelers could use this for inspiration? Did you ever think that it could buy them time to make an actual reproduction of a gunblade? I know I'm not the best modeler, I know that I just started, I know that the modelers who made the gun and the sword put a lot of effort into them and deserve credit, yeah I know that. But what you seemed to have missed is that I just want credit for assembling the prototype. You just watch yourself @ss, before you find yourself taking a bite out of a $hit sandwhich that you can't swallow. @ss.
 Hellfire Jedi
12-09-2002, 7:27 PM
Listen little ****er Spyzer doesn't derserve that and secondly u little ****head no one even said they wanted ur peice of **** i could even do that so next time u wanna call my m8 a ass think again. Also Spyzer doesn't eat **** sandwhiches little ****er. You watch ur self to nice people. You got 4 posts and small time members insulting bigger better people don't deserve little kids to ball on them for this. Next time u wanna post something that rude a admin or mod will be informed. I am sorry if i cussed a bit too much but i do not take kindly to little kids insulting my m8. All Spyzer did was say a subjestion and u ****ing be a dick about it. Never.... NEVER post about my m8 and a clanmate because he said something a little cunstrucktive. No one deserves to be treated like that.
Go hang out with Stern0 and Taigay im sure they will love ur flamming ass. Sorry for this knasty post i fully meant to insult him. Not anyone else if it did im greatly sorry but on the other hand greatly pissed.

Hellfire

P.S. Spyzer don't post near this little titty u wanna talk just PM it to me.
 -Chrono_MOT-
12-10-2002, 8:15 AM
Congratulations Panther. Way to isolate yourself from the more respectable modelers in the community. I was going to offer to UV map and finish the model for you, but now I'm not. Happy? Good.
 Dark Panther
12-10-2002, 4:01 PM
All of you need to shut the fъck up! Hellfire, you have no buisness tangling with me, and chrono, fъck you! Chrono, I didn't ask for your help, and if you think you are the only mappers and skinners out there, you are saddly mistaken. Hellfire, the only reason I don't have as many posts as you, is because I have a life. I just got here. You don't even know what my gunblade looks like, how can you judge it? It's people like you that fъck up our society. You and your "m8" can go @ss rape eachother for all I care. You all wanna fъck with me? Get your @ss to game winners, we'll let a C&CW war settle this. Oh, and Spyzer, do you ever actually fend for yourself, or does your boyfriend always do it for you?
 Hellfire Jedi
12-10-2002, 4:46 PM
Thats it. I will try my hardest to make sure thats your last post. There didn't have to be a flame war but you.... You assed up Spyzer and crono and me for no reason. Crono, Spyzer what do u say lets get this lamer outta the forums.

Hellfire
P.S. I don't think this thread belongs here anymore because it kinda died and is becoming a flame war.
 El Sitherino
12-10-2002, 5:16 PM
Originally posted by Dark Panther
All of you need to shut the fъck up! Hellfire, you have no buisness tangling with me, and chrono, fъck you! Chrono, I didn't ask for your help, and if you think you are the only mappers and skinners out there, you are saddly mistaken. Hellfire, the only reason I don't have as many posts as you, is because I have a life. I just got here. You don't even know what my gunblade looks like, how can you judge it? It's people like you that fъck up our society. You and your "m8" can go @ss rape eachother for all I care. You all wanna fъck with me? Get your @ss to game winners, we'll let a C&CW war settle this. Oh, and Spyzer, do you ever actually fend for yourself, or does your boyfriend always do it for you? Ok dude try a freakin PROZAC and some tantrinal seriously man just calm down damn. ok well wow a temp fix big deal put in a real purpose to be in the credits and you will but wow a temp fix. and not to mention this sort of died ok so uhmm..... SHUT THE **** UP!!! heh that felt good but thats the last i will and also leave spyzer alone he has a life and so does everyone else especially hellfire. see we spend it ignoring ****ups like you ok see you need to learn respect ok you selfabsorbed whiney ass little brat.
 -Chrono_MOT-
12-10-2002, 7:07 PM
Don't worry, he's already been marked for bypassing the language filter.
 El Sitherino
12-10-2002, 7:09 PM
thats good so hes gone now or somethin?
 -Chrono_MOT-
12-10-2002, 7:09 PM
What the hell is C&CW anyway?
 El Sitherino
12-10-2002, 7:16 PM
dont know i would have asked but didnt wanna be called a n00b
Page: 3 of 4