Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Request regarding Lightsaber stances.

Page: 1 of 1
 Darkchyld
09-21-2002, 8:36 PM
I have a request for anyone willing to give it a try. As I'm sure everyone does, I dig the lightsaber combat in JKII above all its other features. The one thing that bothers me are the stances. While okay, the only stance that really looks cool is the "RED" style (where the player holds the lightsaber close to his shoulder). I was wondering if someone could replace the stance of the normal YELLOW style or the special TAVION BLUE style with this stance. I think it would add a little more authenticity to the combat.

Also - and this is a side note, I was curious if it would be possible for someone to add in the "saber-raised-while-walking" stances that the Reborn do. I hate walking forward and slicing open the floor as I do. Methinks that a real Jedi would be a little more carefull with his weapon.

If anyone could give some help on this, it would be appreciated.
 idontlikegeorge
09-22-2002, 1:38 AM
ill give it a shot, if it hasnt been done before; i think it requires just a few lines in the animation.cfg file changed
 Darkchyld
09-22-2002, 6:17 PM
cool. Thanks, man.
 Darkchyld
09-27-2002, 7:45 PM
Hiya. I don't want to push anything or anybody, but has there been any success at attempting the above? The more I watch Kyle carelessly let his lightsaber skim the ground while walking, the more I wonder why Raven didn't just add a proper "duel" animation in the first place...
 Khier
09-27-2002, 8:02 PM
go here

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=404)

its got that walk thing ur talkin about that the reborns do, and some other changed animations with the roll animations, blue and red stances are one handed in this mod as well
Page: 1 of 1