Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I Think It's Time For Another Story...

Page: 1 of 1
 Boba Rhett
09-17-2002, 1:47 AM
I know we have the trip story going but I think we should start another story of the epic proportions type. One like LotS. Only this time, we can work it to include many more people and more writers.

Anybody have any ideas/suggestions about the setting and what the general idea of the story could be?

Do you want another one set in the middle ages like LotS?

Do you want it set in the future this time?

What would you like the name of it to be?

Who wants to be what? Good? Evil? Want it to be a surprise?

There are many questions to be answered before we get this buggy moving. :) Let's go!

Here are just a few thoughts of mine to throw out on the table to get this thing rolling.

1. Set in the future. Were on a giant space station, perhaps we form a rag tag team and lead a ship to somewhere to do something. :D Rescue someone? *shrug* Someof you could be aliens as well.

2. A prequel to LotS. You know the original tale we kept refering to in LotS? We could do that. Kinda like what the hobbit is in comparison to the LotR trilogy.

3. There is no clear cut good/bad guys. :naughty:

4. Maybe we could all be bad? Maybe we're trying to steal something.

5. ....Our own version of Star Wars? :D
 Silenthunter
09-17-2002, 2:15 AM
Great idea Rhett! My prefferences would be that we make it directly in the Star Wars universe, or Middle-Earth. Either one would be cool.

We should also write a bit of a background and personality for each of our characters, no matter what setting it is in, to make writing the story easier.
 Boba Rhett
09-17-2002, 2:22 AM
Good idea too, SH. We'll write our own character bios before even starting the story. :) The Remastered Edition of LotS will have Bios as well. :)
 Kylilin
09-17-2002, 2:25 AM
ooh!! ooh!! *jumping up and down like a 5 year old on Xmas morning* Can I be in it?
 Rogue Nine
09-17-2002, 2:32 AM
I'd love a Middle-Earth type thing.
 Boba Rhett
09-17-2002, 2:36 AM
You sure can, Kylilin. ;)
 Crazy_dog no.3
09-17-2002, 3:44 AM
The future one. We already had a Middle-Earth one (LOTS)
 Havoc Stryphe
09-17-2002, 11:04 AM
Thank you, Rhett.

I was going to suggest that myself, but you beat me to it.

I LOVE a fantasy midievel setting (ie Middle Earth), but would also gladly welcome a Star Wars adventure.

I am leaning towards a LotS prequel (Would have to be, I'd be dead in the sequel! ;) )!
 Young David
09-17-2002, 2:12 PM
I actually have an idea for a SW setting, before you posted about it. I even have a first chapter in my head.

For a LotS prequel ... it will be hard, you have to track carefully who was in the original one, and who wasn't. And as I see it the prequel played a long time before the original story and there are only a few of the older players who were in that story (Myself being one of them as the wizzard who created a device for education :))

My suggestion, assemble a small cast of writers (e.g. Rhett, Havoc, Eets, Sherack and myself), write the general story (and keep it secret), divide the chapters among the writers and get the story going. It will be the same for the public, but the story can improve on quality.

Ofcourse I'd vote for the SW setting :D
 Boba Rhett
09-17-2002, 2:27 PM
Yeah ok, we can do it that way but I want to develop all the characters more-so this time around than we did in LotS. More screen time and depth for everyone. :) Hows that sound to everyone? We can all give input on what we'd like our characters to be like in the story.

We have people leaning every which way. Maybe we'll do both. Who knows. :D
 Darth Homer
09-17-2002, 2:38 PM
I have a confession to make....

I never fully read LotS....I got into the first couple of parts, but never fully completed it...if it is decided that we will do a prequel or sequel of said story, I shall immediately and quickly read the entire thing. Otherwise, I'll take my time to get through it all in my schedule. Sorry for letting down everyone...I'll go to my room now... :(
 Tie Guy
09-17-2002, 3:42 PM
Definately star wars! We have LOS and the funnny story, now we need an epic SW adventure, SW is why we're all here anyways, isn't it?

As for setting, lets make it about the Sith War. I know there not alot of information about that time period, but that just leaves more room for creativity.
 Jatt13
09-17-2002, 6:27 PM
i wasn't here for the LotS:( (whatever that was) so i have no idea what you're talking a/b. so far, i've gathered that it's a story a/b middle earth, maybe a spoof on LotR? could some one plz explain it, i don't need much detail.
 Eets
09-17-2002, 6:31 PM
I think it should be a modern-day sitcom with lots of people in a few apartments. :D
 darthfergie
09-17-2002, 7:33 PM
The -45th forum legion. A goofball bunch of stormtroopers on a mission to capture (i.e.- melt to a scortching black spot) the planet that is only shown by a strange abbriviation..."RSN"...on the quest reality turns into spoons and many have strange inclinations to eat their hands off and then try to use it as a puppet...can the legion capture this doomed planet?

tune in next time...
same bat time...
same bat thread...

(BTW, I had better be in this one:p )
 Boba Rhett
09-18-2002, 2:50 PM
Everyone wants something different. We need to settle on something, guys. :p
 Havoc Stryphe
09-18-2002, 3:45 PM
Originally posted by Jatt13
i wasn't here for the LotS:( (whatever that was) so i have no idea what you're talking a/b. so far, i've gathered that it's a story a/b middle earth, maybe a spoof on LotR? could some one plz explain it, i don't need much detail.

Here you go, Jatt: Legends of the Spam (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=63364) Read it in all it's splendid glory and be satisfied.

Remember, ignorance is the devil's playground! :p
 Eets
09-18-2002, 3:48 PM
Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe
Here you go, Jatt: Legends of the Spam (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=63364) Read it in all it's splendid glory and be satisfied.

Remember, ignorance is the devil's playground! :p

Yeah, satisfied except for when I DIE INHUMANLY!! :(

Side note: I thought the devil's playground was in Rhett's underpants..?
 Havoc Stryphe
09-18-2002, 3:52 PM
Originally posted by Eets

Yeah, satisfied except for when I DIE INHUMANLY!! :(

Side note: I thought the devil's playground was in Rhett's underpants..?

1st point: You died at my hands, how could it be any more fitting than that! ;)

2nd point: Yeah, maybe you're right.... No, wait, Rhett's underpants is his own playground! That's it! :D
 Eets
09-18-2002, 3:54 PM
Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe
2nd point: Yeah, maybe you're right.... No, wait, Rhett's underpants is his own playground! That's it! :D

OH yeah, that's it! How could I have mixed those two up? :D
 Havoc Stryphe
09-18-2002, 3:57 PM

OH yeah, that's it! How could I have mixed those two up? :D

Actually. it's quite easy. Rhett and Devil are easily confused, they are relatively the same thing! ;)

I think Rhett's gonna kill us later... :D
 Eets
09-18-2002, 3:59 PM
*telephone rings, havoc picks it up*

Havoc: "Hello?"

Eets (on phone): "Hey Havoc! I'm sitting over here in Timbuktu. Has Rhett killed you yet?" :D
 Young David
09-18-2002, 4:00 PM
Guys, GUYS, PLEASE ...

on-topic !!!

(gee, I sound like Leon)

Let us assemble a cast of writers first.

Who wants to write big chapters?

*raise hand himself*

Good, that's one ... any more?
 Havoc Stryphe
09-18-2002, 4:03 PM
Originally posted by Young David
Guys, GUYS, PLEASE ...

on-topic !!!

(gee, I sound like Leon)

Let us assemble a cast of writers first.

Who wants to write big chapters?

*raise hand himself*

Good, that's one ... any more?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear ya. :p

Yeah, I definetly would want to write chapters, no matter what genre is decided upon!
 Tie Guy
09-18-2002, 5:17 PM
Count me in....what are we doing again?
 Boba Rhett
09-18-2002, 5:52 PM
I'm game for big chapters as well!

*sneaks upstairs and scribbles eets' and havoc's names at the very top of chase's sweet sweet monkey love list*
 Sherack Nhar
09-18-2002, 7:31 PM
Yipes. Forgive me for keeping my distance on this one... I'll pass ¬_¬
 Darth Homer
09-18-2002, 11:07 PM
as far as my own leanings go (good vs evil)....uhm, well, I guess my name answers that question nicely.....if there are any remaining doubts just go view my profile...and the Silly RPG which can be found on this forum about 300000000000000 (exaggerated estimate) pages down by now...
 Havoc Stryphe
09-19-2002, 11:07 AM
Example Star Wars story: This may help people to decide which genre of story they want. They can read LotS to get a feel of Medieval, so here's an example of Star Wars.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

STAR WARS

DARK TIDES

It is a period of galactic war.
Thousands of Sith warriors, under the leadership of the evil Sith Lord Darth Viper, have openly declared war against the Jedi, the keepers of peace and justice throughout the galaxy. Even now, battles rage in dozens of planet systems. Very few have been fortunate enough to remain untouched by the turmoil.

The Dark Eye, an organization of smugglers and mercenaries, are one of those few. Operating from a space platform in the outer rim, they have continued their tradition of working for everybody and anybody who could afford their price. So far they have remained neutral in the galactic conflict and have had only heard of the fierce battles that raged elsewhere in the galaxy, but their luck was about to run out...

All around was deep space, dark and frigid, the only real light that could be seen came from the space platform, Dark Eye 1, headquarters and base of operations for the Dark Eye crime organization. Generally, Dark Eye 1 was not very busy, but on some mornings some of the more restless pilots could be found "practicing" their piloting skills in their small star fighters. It was one of those mornings.

The dark backdrop of space was suddenly interrupted by the scream of two fighters racing by, nearly clipping each other as they did.

"Hey Kylilin, watch it! You almost tagged me back there!", yelled the first pilot over the comm line.

"What's the matter, Silenthunter, getting too intense for you?!", laughed the second pilot in response.

"Ha! I've been in more intense dogfights with a flock of mynocks!", Silenthunter retorted, "You just watch it, I don't want to have to explain to the boss why we have two less fighters than we should!"

"well, if we did, it would be your fault, not mine!", Kylilin replied as he rolled his fighter to the right just over the nose of Silenthunter's fighter. Grinning as he did so.

"Showoff!", muttered Silenthunter, half to himself. "Grump!", came the reply over the comm line.

Before the two pilots could continue their debate further, a third voice came over the comm line, "I thought I'd find you two out there. Arguing as usual I see.", chuckled the voice.

"Hey boss, we were just working the kinks out of the fighters for Havoc. he just reset the vertical stabilizing gyros on 'em.", replied Silenthunter hoping the boss would buy it.

"Sure you were, and doing a real bang-up job too!", you could hear the smile on the Boss's face, "Listen, those couple of rookies just got in last night, and I was hoping you two could show them the ropes today."

"Not a babysitting job!", it was Kylilin, "I had big plans for today!"

"Yeah, like polishing your hydro-spanner!", laughed Silenthunter. "Real funny, Hunter, your ass is..."

"Alright, enough you two", Kylilin was cut short by the boss's voice, "It's not a babysitting job. They look pretty green, and there's nobody I'd rather have teaching them how we do things around here than you two. Got it?", before the pilots could get a word in the boss added, "That's not a question! Now get those fighters back here. I'll have the rookies meet you in the hangar. Their names are NL Ackbar, Jatt 13 and Jediduo." He switched his comm line off before he could hear the pilots' responses, and turned around from the comm board to see Havoc Standing there in the control room.

"Pretty green, huh?", asked Havoc. "The greenest.", the boss replied, "Ever since the Sith War began, business has slowed to a crawl, and our recruits are have been getting younger and younger. I don't know how much longer we can keep doing this.", his voice trailed off as he looked out the view port to the right. His gaze lost in the endless sea of stars.

Havoc's face drew tight with concern for his friend, "You know Tie, you've been working pretty hard lately, maybe you should just take a break. I can hold the fort down while you're gone."

Tie turned his eyes back towards his old friend and for the first time realized they both weren't getting any younger. Havoc was the older, in his mid thirties, but only by a few years. He was pretty dirty, which was the norm for the Dark Eye's primary Technician/Engineer, but despite the years and the grease, his blue eyes still shone brightly beneath the tuff of blonde hair hanging beneath the goggles resting on the top of his brow. And in those eyes, Tie saw concern and worry, which was something the rest of the organization rarely saw through Havoc's gruff demeanor.

Finally Tie spoke, "Well old friend, I've never taken a vacation since we started the Dark Eye, and I'm not going to start now, but", He continued before Havoc could argue, "I think I will go down to my quarters and take a quick nap. I am feeling a little tired today."

"I guess that's a start.", replied Havoc, "Go ahead, and I'll make sure the crew doesn't burn the place down while you're gone!", he added with a smile.

Tie smiled, "Well, if that's the best you can do, than it's good enough for me." He turned to leave the control room.

He had gotten no further than the door when he heard Kylilin's voice across the comm line, "What the hell?" Before Tie could get back the comm board and yell at the pilots for not being back yet, Havoc's voice chimed in, "Screen is showing a small ship exiting Hyperspace about 130 Km from Dark Eye 1, it's not one of ours!" The beeping red light from the control panel telling the same story.

By this time, Tie had reached the comm board, "Hunter, Kylilin what do you see?"

"I don't know sir", it was Silenthunter who spoke first, "but whatever it is, it's pretty beat up! She looks like she's dead in space, sir"

"I'm going in for a closer look.", it was Kylilin. "Just be careful, no stunts Kylilin!", Tie responded. "Roger that", came Kylilin's reply.

As they waited for Kylilin's report, Tie suddenly got a very strange feeling about the craft. It seemed like it was inside him, a voice stirring up, almost as if...

"It looks like it's a starfighter, or at least what's left of one", Kylilin's voice over the comm line interrupted Tie's thoughts. "Is there anyone on board?", Tie asked shaking off the odd feeling.

"Hold on, I'm trying to get closer.", Kylilin replied as he skillfully maneuvered his J-Type Fighter slowly over top the derelict vessel, Silenthunter was now flying patrol around the Space platform's perimeter. "Okay, my sensors are reading a life form on board, but just barely.", Kylilin continued, "But I would hazard a guess and say his life support systems have been damaged and/or are off-line."

"Roger that, I'm sending Havoc out in the Tug to tow it back to Dark Eye 1", Tie Guy stated as he nodded to Havoc who started to get up from his chair.

"Wait! I can see in the cokpit.", it was Kylilin, "Oh man..", his voice trailed off.

"What? What is it?", came a concerned Tie Guy's response. "I think it's Jedi!", replied Kylilin.

"What do you mean, "I think it's a Jedi"?", came the voice of Silenthunter over the comm line, "How can you tell?"

"Look! I see the robes, and well, I just have a gut feeling about it, ok?!", snapped Kylilin

"Oh, well then, if you have a gut feeling then it must be.", came the sarcastic reply from Silenthunter, but before he could continue Tie interrupted him, "I think Kylilin's right. Don't ask he me how, but I just... know it."

Bet before Tie could elaborate, he was interrupted by a voice from the other side of the control room, "Sir, I'm receiving a subspace message for you!"

"Not now, Compa! I've kind of got my hands full!", snapped a frustrated Tie guy. "But sir, I really think you should take this one!", replied a frightened Compa.

"And why is that?!", asked a intrigued Tie Guy. "Because it's from someone calling them self Darth Homer!", came the hurried reply from Compa.

"Great, just what we needed a visit from a Sith with a Jedi fighter parked out front our base!", growled Tie Guy.

"What are you going to do?", asked Havoc even though he already knew the answer. "I'll think of something, but first things first! You need to get out there and tow that fighter so we can save that pilot and discard the evidence before Sithy arrives! Then we’ll go from there!", came his friends reply.

Havoc was already out the door before Tie's last word was spoken. Tie grimaced as he stepped to the Subspace Comm panel, leaned over an anxious Compa and whispered under his breath, "Well, here goes nothing!", as he took a deep breath and pressed the flashing button...

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is only an example, of how a Star Wars story may start off. We don't have to use it, or you can. It doesn't matter to me. Something like this is good though, because it gives a lot of freedom to character. For example, being neutral anyone who wants to be a smuggler/mercenary can lean to either side. Good or evil. The next chapter could decide if the Smugglers will choose to help the Sith Darth Homer and become bad guys. Or help the Jedi escape the Sith lord and become good guys. Again, a lot of freedom there.

Also, the "Jedi" in the trashed ship could be anybody who wants a character that is inherently good. And we can meet other Jedi as well, though I would recommend a cut off of two or three because it would be very imbalanced. We could meet many plain everyday people and aliens along the way, becuase this journey will take us across the galaxy.

Also as Tie Guy suggested, being set during the Sith Wars means there can be multiple Sith and multiple Jedi, and since Homer said he like to be evil I just inserted him into the side he likes. This way, somebody can be evil, while somebody can still be good, and anyone can be just semi-good, semi-bad or just plain neutral all with ease in this type of storyline.

Let me know what you guys think. Oh, Fergie, don't worry, my storyline would involve the meeting of a certain Jawa Jedi later on! ;)
 Silenthunter
09-19-2002, 12:50 PM
Pretty cool Havoc. I wouldn't have any problems with being a ace pilot ;)
 Eets
09-19-2002, 12:53 PM
Holy crap, Havoc.. You must have alot of time on your hands ;)

and PFFTT! Fergie's not the only Jedi Jawa, you know.. :mad:
 Havoc Stryphe
09-19-2002, 12:58 PM
Holy crap, Havoc.. You must have alot of time on your hands ;)

and PFFTT! Fergie's not the only Jedi Jawa, you know.. :mad:

Yeah, I had some time this morning! :D

Oh, I was going to make you a talking womprat, Eets. That won't work for you? :p
 Eets
09-19-2002, 1:47 PM
Nope, I don't think so. :P
 Darth Homer
09-19-2002, 2:15 PM
wow, Havoc...that's pretty cool...plus, I get to be the feared Darth...hehehe!! I just hope it doesn't turn into a Sith hunt...oh well, I'd 0wnz0r all j00 anyway... :D
 Havoc Stryphe
09-19-2002, 2:39 PM
Originally posted by Darth Homer
wow, Havoc...that's pretty cool...plus, I get to be the feared Darth...hehehe!! I just hope it doesn't turn into a Sith hunt...oh well, I'd 0wnz0r all j00 anyway... :D

Yeah, I figured you'd like that! ;)

By the way, if you guys want to use the storyline, but some of you would rather different positions or characters (Like Tie or Kylilin) We could just reprint it with different names. So speak your minds! Like I sadi earlier, we don't have to use it either, it can be just an example! :D
 Young David
09-19-2002, 3:22 PM
I'd actually like a different story altogether ... more a SW spoof ...

Something like SW, but not exactly ... because it leaves much more openings ...

One that spoofs the ep4-6 era ... an emperor, a spam-lord, the last of the moderators, fighter squadrons, SSD's (super spam destroyers) and the likes ... and a chick.
 Tie Guy
09-19-2002, 3:49 PM
Sounds great, Havoc.

Anyways, i'd actually prefer something at least a little serious after the insane contest story and satiristic LotS.

Of course, a SW parody would be amusing as well...

I guess i'm up for either.

Oh, and Havoc, why would i want to change my position, i'm like one of the leaders. :D We'd just have to fill out the task force with all the other oldbies.

Oh, and if we don't use Havoc's idea we could do a geebee squadron one, kinda like rogue squadron or wraith squadron. That would be cool for a serious one.
 Young David
09-19-2002, 4:34 PM
or ...

We could make two stories http://forum.fok.nl/i/s/thumbsup.gifhttp://forum.fok.nl/i/s/worshippy.gifhttp://forum.fok.nl/i/s/thumbsup.gif)

one serious, one parody ... two writer teams who challange each other for the best story.
 Boba Rhett
09-19-2002, 7:52 PM
I already have an idea for my character forming. :naughty:

Does anyone want to be bad? It'd be nice if the enemy wasn't faceless and then we could see the story from different sides. :)
 Darth Homer
09-19-2002, 9:28 PM
*plays Korn's "Make me bad"*
*pulls out red lightsaber*
*goes and stands in front of his Sith Infiltrator*
*points at name*

I guess I'll be a bad guy...
 jediduo
09-26-2002, 11:53 PM
This sounds awesome. The two stories idea is really good. I would like to be in both. If it isn't too much trouble, I would like my character to be in the middle of things, but not the main character. I don't want to b****, but I got no face time in second contest story, save the florida chapter. Also, try to make my character quiet, like Squall Leonhart from Final Fantasy 8.

I dunno.... maybe I'm asking too much. Do whatever you want with my character in the spoof story.;)
Page: 1 of 1