Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Directx screw up....done by alliance!

Page: 1 of 1
 Lennex
09-15-2002, 4:34 AM
I just grabbed Alliance from a discount bin and have been dying to try it! But alas, somethings wrong....

The game loads fine, but whenver I try to launch a mission (be it training, skirmish) or enter the hanger it boots me to the desktop. I've tried killing all background programs, reducing my screen size and color settings, reinstalling directx 8.1 but still the same problem.

I run directx diagnostic tool from my c:\program files\directx directory, and it shows I got Directx 8.1 installed, I run Directx diag from the Alliance launcher and it gives me a few errors saying a few dlls don't exist, and that I got Directx 4.05 installed...wtf is up with that? I believe this is my main problem...but how do I fix it?
 ramming
12-03-2002, 6:30 AM
This (http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/2137/Hardware/dxsection.htm) web site says that DirectX 8 Beta doesn't work with X-Wing Alliance.

I'm using 8.1 (4.08.01.0901) and I'm also having problems getting XWA working. The game starts but soon (< 1 minute) after I start a mission I get a hard hang - ALT-Enter/CTRL-ALT_DEL have no effect and I have to press the reset button to reboot. :mad:

Does anyone have XWA working with DirectX 8+?

Has anyone seen my problem before?

I'm running Windows 98 patched with the latest releases that the Microsoft Update Centre says I need (apart from some crap like the Euro conversion tool I'll never use) on a AMD Duron 700 with 192Mb RAM and a Voodoo3 2000 graphics card (again the driver is up to date). I've run DxDiag and it says "No problems found". I've installed the 2.02 XWA patch. I've removed and reinstalled a couple of time.

Help!
 Keyan Farlander
12-03-2002, 11:35 AM
Do you have the latest drivers for your video card and sound card?
 Killer Snail
12-03-2002, 1:22 PM
I have the same problem with the hanging.. i was half way through the second mission and then a lock up happened. I'm also having issues with both of my joysticks not working in the game.. they both calibrate fine, but when I launch i have no controls.
 Admiral
12-03-2002, 2:18 PM
Try lowering your resolution. and make sure you have the latest patches.
Page: 1 of 1