Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

RPG: Enemies of the Force 'Source book'

Page: 1 of 1
 Keiran Halcyon
09-06-2002, 7:30 AM
Well i dunno how to start but i'll try it. This will be the 'source book' where all character bios will be, and additional information.

Backstory:
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way....

STAR WARS
Enemies of the Force

It has been more than 50 years after the Battle of Yavin. The NEW REPUBLIC managed to defeat the Yuuzhan Vong and restore its glory.

The Jedi have became again the backspine of the galaxy, bringing peace an justice one more time. But new enemies arise, Jedi are being assassinated for over the galaxy, with no clues left behind.

SUPREME JEDI MASTER LUKE SKYWALKER has dispatched a group of the best men and women from the New Republic and the Jedi Academy to unflod the mystery of these new foes which could bring down the balance in the galaxy.....

A background of stars goes down as Yavin IV appears.....

Rules: as always-> polite, no superheroes, no SW main characters (neither EU), serious play (i mean do not make a silly story :p), etc. You can be a Jedi Knight or padawan, or whatever military thing you want. We are creating a commando of jedi, smugglers, soldiers, bountyhunters... all alligned-allied with the New Republic.
I'll start the game when there are more people.

My Character:
Name: Men'ma Mazar
Species: Human
Homeplanet: Yavin IV
Ocuppation: Just invested Jedi Knight.
Skills: Good swordman, at Telekinesis and Nature Understanding (these two are Force powers).
Appearance: Dark blond hair, 1.69 m tall, brown eyes, light built. (see photo for more info)
Personality: Peaceful and cunning, does not fight until neccesary loyal to the Jedi, reserved with strangers.
Biography: Men'ma Mazar was born in the now peaciful moon of Yavin IV just after the war against the Yuzhan Vong. Without wars, he managed to have happy childhood in company of his family and friend from the Jedi academy. His jedi training went under the tutelage of Jedi Master Jacen Solo who teached him the ways of Nature understanding. At the age of 15 he built his lightsaber, showing his skills on the force. But happines cannot last forever. When his parents were on a mission in the planet Socorro, they dissapeared. No one foud the bodies. Men'ma wanted to go and find them, but he was not allowed because of his padawan status. Near at the age of 19, Men'ma passed the trials and when he knew Supreme Master Skywalker was gathering a group to investigate the new enemies, he asked him if he could go. Master Skywalker although he thought he was still too young, accepted, but warned him about the Dark Side....
Photo:
http://keiran-sithkid.freehomepage.com/images/menma.jpg)

If it doesnt work:
Men'ma Mazar (http://keiran-sithkid.freehomepage.com/images/menma.jpg)
 Deac
09-09-2002, 12:28 PM
Well, I'll post a char here...50 years on you say?

Name: Furro Starkiller
Race: Human
Skills: Force Perception, Force Heal, Force Lightning
Personality: Furro is a sharp witted man, with the Darkstar anger streak, but exceptionally loyal to his allies.
Bio: Furro is the son of Orthos. A natural jedi, he is the first in his family to be so. He has left Atredis, bound for Yavin to complete his training...
 Redwing
09-09-2002, 7:36 PM
((Son of Orthos!?! So he had s...er, had a baby with someone? Who? Where? How?

:D ;)

Whoa, 50 years, that way passes the "Cantina Arc" timeframe. Maybe I'll join...but not with Rwos - he'd be alive and kicking [gargoyles live twice as long as humans, and Rwos has an added regenerative capability] but I don't want his future set in stone.

Pun, there :p))
 Keiran Halcyon
09-10-2002, 6:37 AM
Well your bios should have these information:

Name: self explanatory :p
Species: from the SW universe
Homeplanet: a planet from the SW universe
Ocuppation: Jedi Knight/Padawan, military, smuggler, bountyhunter
Skills: for jedi choose two force powers you want to be good at it, for the other whatever skill you think useful (3 or 4 things)
Appearance: self explanatory
Personality: same
Biography: same
Photo: if you have jedi knight, oyu can take a pic of a charecter (skin) you like (no main characters - Note: mine is not Luke Skywalker)

Keiran Halcyon
09-10-2002, 6:45 AM
Originally posted by Redwing
How?

You don't know? A stork flees with the baby from Paris, exits the atmosphere, enters hyperspace, exits hyperspace and arrives to the planet of deac's character :)
 Deac
09-10-2002, 1:45 PM
Orthos just met someone. Is there something wrong, Redwing? Orthos, though himself a powerful being, started out human...started out... (Clue? Muahahahaha!)
 Redwing
09-10-2002, 8:10 PM
I was half joking, half curious. But now thanks to Keiran, I understand exactly how it happened! Thanks Keiran! ;) :p :D
 Keiran Halcyon
09-11-2002, 9:09 AM
Originally posted by Redwing
I was half joking, half curious. But now thanks to Keiran, I understand exactly how it happened! Thanks Keiran! ;) :p :D

You are welcome.
Yu still could post your character, red...
 Kuuki
09-25-2002, 8:46 PM
Name: Irvine Cracken
Species: Humaniod
Homeplanet: Raynor
Ocuppation: Jedi Master
Skills: Duel Saber, Apprentice in both dark and light force
Appearance: Long White Hair, wears black leather cloaks, and armour. wields twin Blue Lightsabers whom Father Lord Cracken left him.
Personality: Very Techological enlightend, easily irritated but now doesnt not boter him so much, gets things done, sarcastic
Biography: Born on Raynor, was abandoned by his father (age 8) (who'd later to be come Lord Cracken of the Sith), lived with his mother til she dies of radation piosoning (age 13), and get further raised by his grandparents (mother's side) on Raynor II (after holocuast), later a deadly virus kills everyone he knows on raynor II but himself, and has no choice but to leave the planet (at age 25) and to Coresant:

*events of Cantina Spinoff*

Later now age 27 begins his Jedi training, and becomes a full jedi, only becuase of his natual force abilities he was trained.
Then later he hears of a Revenant that was also envolved in the holocaust. Irvine despritely searches what remains of the galaxy for a time device along with an also fully trained fellow (but still not as agreeable freind) jedi Orthos Darkstar. After giving up, Irvine looks at the twin Lightsaber case that he was given to him by his father when he was younger, and notices it carries pieces of main components of an old time streaming device, and with that using his techincal knowledge, Irvine builds himself a new Time streaming device and traveals back to raynor along with orthos to find a way to defeat this Revenant.

hint! hint! @ Deac: now we gotta see orthos in fight for the future ^_^
 Redwing
09-26-2002, 3:16 AM
((Scar, read Cantina 6 and the discussion thread for the Holocaust RPG. The RPG is leading up to the quest for the Time Matrix, not Irvine finding a 'time streaming device' in his lightsaber case. We agreed on this, not the ending you seem to have created ^.^ So we will see the characters from Postlude in Cantina, but not *just* Orthos...besides, your idea is essentially unfair because it eliminates all other characters from the RPG except Orthos and Irvine.

YOU NEED TO READ THE DISCUSSION THREAD.))
 Kuuki
09-26-2002, 9:37 AM
but this isnt a actual RPG isnt it?

*confused*
i thought it was merely a character thread
at least thats what i got from the first post

but this Irvine is one after postlude (notice the *events of Cantina Spinoff* i put in there, then info on jedi training)

YOU NEED TO READ!
 Kuuki
09-26-2002, 10:33 AM
what do you mean discussion thread? ive seen none. or do you mean the first post on the current thread? cus thats just a post to me
 Keiran Halcyon
09-26-2002, 12:48 PM
Er. lets see... this is a kind of source book for a RPG i will create when there are more characters.

Sorry, but you will have to follow SW 'official' Expanded universe, therefore people who hasnt read other RPGs, wouldn't understand you (me included)

And i think that Supreme Jedi Master SKywalker does not allow dark force learners under his academy.

Well in fact i still dont know in the academy is destroyed by the yuzaan vong. lets made the temple on Coruscant? what do you think?
 Admiral
09-26-2002, 1:22 PM
Scarface: Redwing refers to this discussion thread.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69420)

Other problems with your character, if use the one from the Cantina threads:

1. The Jedi no longer exist, with the exception of Misea and 1 other. Luke Skywalker is also dead.

2. If the group from Cantina 7 are successful then the holocaust would never happen.

3. Your controling another character who you didn't create.

4. If you read the discussion thread, you will see the time span covers more then just 2 years. Around 20 I think. So your character could not be 27, but 47.

5. What Redwing said.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I believe Coruscant is destroyed, I know Yavin 4 is. Also I don't think there is such a rank as Superme Jedi Master. Jedi Master being the highest rank of the order.
 Kuuki
09-26-2002, 5:04 PM
well now i knew that this discussion thread that ive been yelled at is now :)

i never said surprime

its a bio so sense its not an actual rpg, im not really controling (well sorta, and if you take it offenively deac, sry), and Irvine travels through from a alternat timeline (the holocuast one) to a time before it forks off, trying to help stop, from the info he was givin

and i did infact cover of when the holocause did happen of twenty years not two, Irvine was much younger when it happened, and he was around 25-27 when it was the events of the holocuast

im sure by the way of holocuast thread started, most of the people who had some force training, either natual or practicing by them selves, so about a few years down the line, yount you expect these people to group together and figure out how to control the force and begin a new form of jedi?
 Kuuki
09-26-2002, 5:10 PM
****, double post ^_^
 Kuuki
09-26-2002, 5:48 PM
hmm interesting, well Irvines visions could be the interference that was breifly talked about ^_^
but am i to understand that holocuase > 20yrs> then Irvine entering the group? > 20 yrs > search for time matrix

correct?

and who ever said that the old time traveling device was the time matrix, but a version that went back in time, and was given to (lets say) palatine, but broke before he could use it (or figure out how to use it in that matter) Fried it with force lighting, and the technology was never dublicated, and Cracken kept it for himself later finding out it was the device (from a cantiner whom travealed back for some reason), but never desides to repiar it himself, thus him hiding what remained the main componants of the device in the Silver duel Lightsaber Case
 Redwing
09-26-2002, 6:48 PM
No. Holocaust > 4 days > Irvine joins group > 20 years (although dimension travel will probably be used to cover most of this time period) > Time Matrix location discovered, but Ken'atra gets it first.

Your character could not have gone back in time to do anything that remotely concerns the Revenant....and refer to what I said earlier. Besides, currently the Holocaust thread IS the actual universe. It hasn't been changed yet.

Thus, if your explanation is right, Irvine is trying to stop the Holocaust from being stopped before the actions of stopping of it exist in the time stream.

Also, the way you described the 'time streaming device' shows it has nothing to do at all with the Time Matrix, which is a silvery, indestuctible ball. It is not at all based on known SW technology - remember the Cantina-verse is the Star Wars universe with some elements of fantasy added in. I would compare the Time Matrix to the One Ring from LotR more than to something like a lightsaber.

(In fact, the size-changing capabilites of the Time Matrix was directly inspired by the Ring's properties)

As for your last comment on Jedi, it's only been four days since the Holocaust - people, including Force adepts (like for example, Alys) are still trying to figure things out, you'd think.

If you really want this storyline, you need to make it fit with what's currently going on - without controlling other people's characters *or* any more of the outcome of an RPG (all that's set in stone in Holocaust is that Ken'atra will get the Time Matrix. And we agreed on that before the RPG started, in fact told a little of how it happened near the end of Cantina 6, while purposely leaving it vague.)

[/end ooc]

Sorry about this Keiran :D
 Admiral
09-27-2002, 1:59 PM
Now please read the discussion Scarface.

Other problems, you idea on how to explain how your character got a time device can't happen, since it goes against Cracken's nature. He agrees to go after the time matrix so he can get it and change time to what he wants. (read the threads). Now if he had such a device, he would have repaired it and used it. He would not have ignored it.

You also missed the fact that Luke Skywalker is dead in the Cantina thread, so how could he send Jedi on a mission? Speaking of which there are barely any jedi left.

Finally, there is only 1 time traveling device. You need to accept that. And Keiran doesn't want to have cross over characters.

Scarface if you want Irivine in this RPG, then I suggest you make him sperate from the Irvine that appears in the other ones.
 Kuuki
09-27-2002, 6:21 PM
okay i agree with that whole part on Irvine shoudl be a different character. sry about saying all that i thought this was some sort of cantina thing biography thing, im more used to starting in the middle of the rpg ^_^

but if any logical person would figure that this Irvine can be one of infinate versions of Irvine Cracken, so how he bacame a jedi can happen in any way with or with out the holocuast, hell he could be a dark jedi for all that matters, were dealing with time distortion and alterations in time in the SW universe that brances off into an enless combinations of possibility.
call it a quick way out of getting yelled at, well it is sorta :), but still if there was a spot in the time lime where cracken wasnt completey dark, and had some feelings, he'd might think of his son(s) and/or duaghter(s) (which ever Irvine even exsisted in that time line or not), which id say would might explain why Irvine is in cantina 7, I Never said that that Irvine Cracken was the same from then the Bio i gave on this thread nor from Cantina 6 Spinoff
just some of the simular key discriptsions, the duel lightsavber case, his appearence (which was a basic one, no details on scars/birthmarks), and attitude
 Redwing
09-27-2002, 7:48 PM
That's why Admiral said to make sure to keep them separate.

*sigh* Okay, that does it, I'll just make an RPG problem-solving thread. :p
 Kuuki
09-28-2002, 11:13 PM
then i makes new character ^_^, and get rid of Irvine in here :)
 Redwing
10-28-2002, 5:42 AM
Okay, I'd post a chara bio, but is Keiran around anymore at all? ^.^
 Redwing
11-05-2002, 2:10 AM
Name: Rey Adi Seyah
Species: Zabrak
Homeplanet: Iridonia
Ocuppation: Unofficial Jedi Knight (never achieved the title) edit: I meant Jedi Master
Skills: Force Strike, Jump/Speed, Sight; excellent speeder pilot
Appearance: Rey is a fierce-looking Zabrak with green and black facial tatoos. He wears a black pre-Clone Wars Jedi standard field outfit.
Biography: Rey Adi Seyah was born during the time of The Phantom Menace, and served his apprenticeship during the Clone Wars. He vanished during the Jedi Purge and recently, mysteriously turned up again. He is physically forty although he should be around eighty. He refuses to explain how he managed to end up at only half his rightful age.

Rey is also color-blind. He has two lightsabers, one green, one purple. He can't tell the difference.
 Keiran Halcyon
11-10-2002, 6:58 AM
Just a suggestion:

I cant continue the sotry if you do not contribute ;)

And please could you use a little longer posts? :)
 Redwing
11-10-2002, 7:07 AM
I know, but I wasn't sure whether you wanted Mazar to find Rey or not ;p (I mean, since you didn't have them start the conversation)

But if we're going to have in-RPG conversations, sometimes one-paragraph posts are necessary ;)
 Keiran Halcyon
11-11-2002, 10:09 AM
Do you like the kind of RPG it is?
 Redwing
11-16-2002, 2:50 AM
Huh?
 Keiran Halcyon
11-16-2002, 12:26 PM
I meant if you like that it is as telling a story. and the characters, story and so....
 Keiran Halcyon
01-07-2003, 11:31 AM
Shadow bomb: A new kind of torpedo designed by and for the Jedi. It cannot be noticed by scaners and has added firepower. It has to be speed up and directed via the force by a Jedi.
 Keiran Halcyon
01-07-2003, 11:36 AM
Shadow Bomb: Modified Proton Torpedo made by and for the Jedi. It has added firepower and cannot be noticed by Scaners. It has to be speed up and directed via the force by a Jedi.

Source: NJO books, either Edge of Victory ones or Star by Star
 Kuuki
01-07-2003, 12:38 PM
So, uh, could it still be apart of the actual Cantina universe/timeline? :D
 Redwing
01-07-2003, 9:51 PM
No, it can't. Because NJO hasn't happened in Cantina verse. And the universe is so changed it might never happened.

Besides, the Aesirian Valkyries have pretty much replaced the Vong spies that would have existed in Cantina verse.
 Kuuki
01-07-2003, 10:21 PM
Well theres always the infanite possibilties theory ^_^

Deac definately put his "Deac Starkiller" in the story, breifly...
 jokemaster
01-26-2003, 9:55 PM
Name: Robert "Robby" Jones
Species: Human
Homeplanet: Corusant
Skills: Piloting, Fighting, Shooting, and hacking
Appearance: Brown hair, white skin, medium height
Personality: Friendly, but with a temper and short patience
Biography: Son of a Jedi (Father) and an ex-thief (Mother) who met while cooperating on a mission, Father was killed when he was barely weeks old on a mission, Mother hid his powers fearing he may suffer the same fate. Became a conman when orphaned at age 15, started smuggling when he got his first ship at 24, became a mercenary recently, and started working for the New Republic.
 Sky Master
01-27-2003, 6:52 PM
Name: Kamor Katarn
species: Human
Homeplanet: nomad
Skills: Like his grandfather and father and his greatgrand father, he has extrodinary talent and the knack of getting in...and out of trouble. His use of lightsabers and laser weapons is also unbileavable.
appearance: He looks like his grandfather, Kyle, during the Dark Trooper Resistance fight.
Bio: Kamor is the son of Morgum Katarn, son of Kyle, after the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. However, he also had keen interest on the battles his father fought before him against the Vong and his grand father and great grandfather fought against the Empire. After the training his his grandfather and master intrudced to him, he became a Jedi at the age of 18 and his father taught him to 'be true o the Light.'

...and friend?

Name: I5-YQ
Species: Protocol droid
Homeplanet: Coruscant
appearance (I'm giving him one do to lack of explonation from my sources): black sknned protocol droid. Armed with index finger blasters, supersonic scream, electrical shock, wrist rocket, self-destruct, hand-flame thrower, power beam.
Bio: I5's life began on Coruscant. A rich family owned him and the parents left often, leaving I5 with the kids who were spoiled. They'd do things like throw him off the roof to see how high he'd bounce. He later ended up in a dump heap. A man named Lorn Pavan bought him. He'd left his job in the Jedi temple because his son had a high medi-corin count and the temple convinced him to give him to them. Loren reassembled him, and I5 spoke. " I am I5-YQ, programed for protocol...are you going to hurt me?" They became buesness partners. Then, a few years later, Lore was killed by the notorious Sith, Darth Maul. An associatie took I5, wiped his memory and made him a body guard. The rest of his past is shrouded...until Kamor was enjoying Coruscant until he noticed a wire, poking out of a gutter, he scared off the rats and got all the droids pieces and then, I5 told him if he could liberate his memory, it would serve the Jedi. It took Kamor 3 years to reprogram I5 and find new parts for him but when he finished, I5 asked the same queation "Are yu going to hurt me?" Kamor took him in, and his knowledge helped expand the Jedi Order's archieves instead of stop the Naboo blockade and the coming of the Sith. For more details, read "Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter"
 Keiran Halcyon
01-28-2003, 8:34 AM
Well... becoming a jedi at the age of 15 is a little bit....early....(even Anakin Solo did it at 17) So lets say you are and experienced padawan learner ;), if you dont mind, you could earn your Jedi knight rank while in the story if you want...
 Sky Master
02-09-2003, 3:27 PM
Oops. Althrough I have knowledge on the Jedi, I had no idea when a Padawan became a Knight. How are these modifications and his new partner?
Page: 1 of 1