Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dark Age of Camelot

Page: 1 of 1
 Gaalgoth
09-02-2002, 5:10 PM
So being that Galaxies has been pushed back and all, I'm thinking about getting a different mmorpg to pass the time. Is DAoC any good, or should i wat for Asheron's Call 2? And if DAoC is good, will it be worth it to start playing now when it's been out for so long?
 setsuko
09-02-2002, 5:20 PM
I played it a little. The cool thing about it is that the Midgard part of the game actually use proper swedish words (like "stalskodda" instead of "steelshod") and swedish areas and names (like "Skеne" where I live, and the Hallandsеsen is there too). AC2? Shouldn't it be out in time for SWG? Or have I completely lost track of things? Dunno about how good the game will be, but they have some really nice and new ideas about the game world (like no npc's running around making equipment for you, and that the world will be entirely built by the players). It has a good possibility to become a much more social fantasy MMORPG than the others in that 'wave'.

If anyone has an ETA for AC2, please prove me wrong (about it being half a year away or so).
 Gaalgoth
09-02-2002, 6:07 PM
according to ign it's coming out im winter 2002 http://pc.ign.com/articles/367/367372p1.html)

and since swg is out in feb, it should be out first...
 Gaalgoth
09-08-2002, 12:15 AM
bump.
 Ewok Hunter
09-08-2002, 12:20 AM
why'd you bump it?
 "thA dekMan"
09-08-2002, 12:02 PM
^yea exactly. I don't really know if its worth getting AC2 if it comes out in december, thats only 2-3 months to play before you get addicted to galaxie. Why not save that money and upgrade your computer?
 Gaalgoth
09-09-2002, 6:40 PM
i bumped to see if i could get any other stances. and I'm not going to upgrade my comp cause I'm getting a new one for graduation.
Page: 1 of 1