Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sam and Max 2

Page: 1 of 1
 Skinkie
08-27-2002, 3:56 PM
Whew! It's official, Lucasarts is taking over this project! And I must say, it's about time!!!
 YTtheMighty
08-27-2002, 3:58 PM
!!!!!!!!!!
Is that true????? If not I'm gonig to be upset... what are you sorces where is you proof????
 YTtheMighty
08-27-2002, 4:05 PM
HOLY CRIPES ON TOAST!!! HE ISNT LIEING!!! ITS TRUE *pisses pants* YAY!!!!!!!!

GO TO THE LUCAS ARTS WEBSITE IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME AND MY BUDDY HERE...
 Skinkie
08-27-2002, 4:08 PM
Yeah, you heard him, go there, go there NOW!!!!
 mercatfat
08-27-2002, 4:34 PM
This is good. Hopefully, it won't be Sam and Max in Space.
 Metallus
08-27-2002, 7:11 PM
According to the Spaffzor it's going to be totally different from the IM project.
 mercatfat
08-27-2002, 7:25 PM
Spaff knew about this all the time and never said anything? blech.
 Longjocks
08-28-2002, 2:49 AM
I haven't visited this part of the LucasForums before, but after I saw the announcement today I just had to come in and say something...

WOOHOOOOOO!!!
 Feral
08-28-2002, 6:08 PM
The new game should seriously own...I expect to see this forum surpass the post count at EscapeMI in the near future.
I'd get out the champagne, but those corks are dangerous...you know how it is.
 Metallus
08-28-2002, 11:48 PM
Man, this community has been basically around 10 people keeping it together since like 1997. Even moving it to Lucasforums was a big adjustment for the old regulars. I'd like to see this community grow, but I hope the oldbies would be able to deal with it.
 JackTheGaffer
08-29-2002, 4:52 AM
Does any one know how involed Purcell is going to be? Mabie this is why he was not at Comic-Con.
 Feral
08-29-2002, 8:12 AM
Yeah, Met, EscapeMI was like this; about 15 regulars (Myself, El Pollo Diablo, Monkey_Girl, Guybrush112, Leshmuck (AKA Niko)) just posted, and them a huge onslaught came with Natty and newfoundgloryboy. You get used to it, though.
 ElusiveSpoon
08-29-2002, 1:35 PM
This calls for running around the room at self-endangering speeds while making a high pitched squealing noise. Now if that guy on eBay would finally send me my copy of Surfin' the Highway, I'd be in Samenmaxtopia.
 Jake
08-29-2002, 3:41 PM
Originally posted by mercatfat
This is good. Hopefully, it won't be Sam and Max in Space.

Have you read Bad Day on the Moon? It's good, its funny. Sam & Max works just fine in space. Green Mama's is really funny, and jokes of that style never appear in computer games. I doubt the whole game would have been set in space anyway, but whatever.

Wait no, you're right Merc. They should go to the carnival for the third or fourth time.
 SyntheticGerbil
08-29-2002, 5:07 PM
I think most of the story was just hashes of the leaked information. But Steve must be on this right? Someone just bought rights...

I always thought Steve owned the rights after LucasArts.
 mercatfat
08-29-2002, 5:33 PM
Let me clarify that statement. 'Sam and Max in Space' was my unofficial name for Infinate Machine's version (hence why 'space' was capitalized), and given their track record with action games (New Legends, blah), I was hoping that Lucasarts wasn't just finishing up their game. Since they're not, my previous comment is rendered completely invalid.

It could work just fine in space, as long as space retains the same run-down/campy (You know what I'm talking about, even though I can't find the words to express it) feeling in the settings that I loved about the comic series and game.
 JBlink
09-02-2002, 10:56 PM
Lucas Arts I love you. You even decided to make it for the pc. I knew that Xbox would never get a good game.
 Metallus
09-02-2002, 11:55 PM
Psychonauts will be good.
 mercatfat
09-03-2002, 12:48 AM
Jet Set radio Future= good. Panzer Dragoon Orta= great. Halo= overrated, but good. Psychonauts= excellent. Buffy=fun. Dead to Rights= very, very fun.

Realizing you've just been owned by common sense= suck.

Then again, maybe you're one of those goddamn purists who hate action of any kind, I.E. "What's the code to beat guys in the Motorcycle duels?" "The action in Sam and Max was great since you could skip it." In that case, you suck.
 Metallus
09-03-2002, 12:53 AM
It's obvious that these purists are true Sam and Max fans. That's why I haven't seen them at all on these forums until after the latest announcement. With the exception of JBlink, of course.
 SyntheticGerbil
09-03-2002, 5:58 AM
Why can't they bring the new Oddworld to computer so I don't have to wait until X-Box is run down at a 50 dollar price range?

I'm not too much for expensive equipment.
 Sanspoof
09-03-2002, 2:16 PM
I bet people are going to think of me as a liker of other games more than I like Sam and Max, seeing as my name is Sanspoof from Grim Fandango and my (current) avatar is of Purple Tentacle. But I do like Sam and Max a lot, and I'm definitely etting 2 when it comes out.

Please don't think of me as a person who enjoys other Lucasarts games to Sam and Max. And yes, this is my first time on the S&M forums. That's a bit of a downer too.

Say, has this got anything to do with this thread? Ah, never mind.
 Feral
09-03-2002, 2:32 PM
Hey, that's OK. My name is obviously from Monkey Island (3), but I'm here. We're all Lucasfans here, mate.
Ah, crap, I need to stay on topic...

Seriously, though, it's gratifying to hear that S&M2 will be made by LucasArts; I was worried about the direction the game was heading in before, but not now.
 The Anonymous
09-03-2002, 5:14 PM
It's about time. I may weep openly.
 JBlink
09-03-2002, 9:45 PM
In my defence(which there isnt much of) I posted months ago and then realized I had nothing to say. With only depressing news on the game, I just read and didnt respond. Now thats a true member.
 Jake
09-04-2002, 4:41 AM
BTW, for those interested, Steve Purcell will be working somewhat heavily on the sequel, you can count on it. Seems like much like he did on Hit the Road he'll work on story and dialogue, and oversee and direct the visual style that the artists are creating, while Stemmle handles direction and game design.
 Swordmaster
09-04-2002, 6:14 PM
Woot. Ownz.
 Skinkie
09-04-2002, 9:42 PM
Woot? Ownz? Woot owns what?
 JackTheGaffer
09-05-2002, 4:02 AM
The more I think about Sam and Max 2 done by LEC makes me want to weep and pee in may pants (if I wore any). I would pee and weep openly if LEC re-highers the origanal voice cast.
 JBlink
09-05-2002, 9:14 PM
Voices are over rated. Isnt what theyre saying more inportant than what they sound like?
 AndrewL
09-07-2002, 3:16 PM
That's some good ****in news. We haven't had anything good in the longest time. This is a REAL good thing. Now where's that new comic? guess steve threw that in the cupboard for a couple of years.
 Metallus
09-08-2002, 12:16 AM
The Shroomdog commeth.
 YTtheMighty
09-09-2002, 3:38 PM
Originally posted by JBlink
Voices are over rated. Isnt what theyre saying more inportant than what they sound like?

... ok senario, put say, Bernard from DotT's voice in with Ben from Full Throttle... and then tell me voices are over rated... or say even switch the actors and have Sam be the high pitched voice and Max the lower... it doesn't work! Game voice is key, yes what they say IS more important but if they say it poorly or if the voice isnt one that you expect then it will ruin the whole thing!

Best example of voice meeting the character, Guybrush in CMI, just right...
 SyntheticGerbil
09-10-2002, 6:26 AM
LET ME TELL YOU THE WAY THE WORLD IS!
 sentience
09-10-2002, 4:51 PM
YES!!!!

It's about time ... now we can sit back and soak up the concept art and sneak previews till 2004 ... (looks at watch)

Hello guys ... i'm new here, been following samandmax.net and mixnmojo.com for a while though, never had any reason to sign up and post. This is certainly reason enough!

Steve Purcell owns full rights to Sam and Max cause they were a comic series waaaay back before Hit the Road ... so i'm guessing he'll play a big role in the making of this one (as he said he would, if I remember an interview I read). Even if he doesn't, the producer of the project proved that he knows his stuff on the last game.

3 Cheers for lucasarts!!!

Oh, i traced this from some concept art i found, coulered it up a bit and I think it would make a cool avatar.

http://jd.elitehackers.net/~jd/sam2.jpg)
http://jd.elitehackers.net/~jd/sam.jpg)
 samandmaxfiend
09-11-2002, 1:12 AM
im a samn max fan from way back..and always checked the sites on the net..1st we had the news that their would be a new comic, then that wouldnt be comin out...then that their was a cartoon then the disappointment that it was cancelled..then the news that sumthin great would be happenin on the ol brd..the news that their would be a comic strip..then that never happened..then the newso f a new game samnmax 2 then the disappointment that infinite machine had gone bankrupt and it wasnt gonna happen..now the news that every1 was been waiting 4..that ive been waitin 4 9 years!! lucasarts makin a sequel..it couldnt be better!! and we know lucasarts sure aint gonna go under....wooo hooo ( i was hierohero on the ol brds btw)

heres an email i sent steve recently...

>i bought sam & max hit the road when it came out in 93..when i was
>13..obviously one of my fav. games of all time..and an absolute
>classic...after waiting all these years..sam & max 2 will finally be
>made..im
>22 now..and i know its sad but i couldnt be happier! ahh i cant wait..wish
>you all the best with the game steve!
>peace
>
>tim

Hey Tim--

I'm always bumping into grown-ups who say, "I was a kid when I first played
Sam & Max!" Makes me feel a little decrepit but it's great that so many
people still have fond feelings for that old game. We'll try to do another
wacky romp that's true to Sam & Max. Thanks for writing!

--Steve P.
 midgeyboo
09-19-2002, 2:17 AM
Oh wow!! yay for sam & max!! They are soo cool, in fact any of the adventure games Lucas Arts does is cool...anyway, I'm new here to this whole thingy, and I was wondering.....when does the new S&M come out??? Or hasn't the whole idea sort of thingy actually been finalised? Please someone tell me or I shall forever be going insane and stuff....so anyone who know this will be greatly appreciated (man, my brother is gonna be sooo happy!!)
WUV YA!! :D :D :D
 Metallus
09-19-2002, 2:25 AM
Welcome to the forum. The game's estimated time of arrival is Spring 2004 (as I recall from the press release...it could be earlier in the same year, though) so you've got quite a while to hang out here and let your anticipation mount. :)
 JBlink
09-19-2002, 11:54 PM
Just make sure they dont get any anticipation on me.
 theholyidiot
09-23-2002, 12:08 AM
god, you scare me sometimes, JBlink. BTW, Midgey, Mike Stemmle (producer/director/whatever dude) is also working on Full Throttle 2 right now, so I expect Sam and Max 2 to be a bit delayed because of this. Not to be depressing or anything, but I'd say that summer 2004 is probably closer to the truth.

Still the fact that we're going to have FT2 to play while we wait for Sam and Max is almost worth it, ain't it?
 theholyidiot
12-08-2002, 5:56 PM
Sorry, My Bad. Sean Clark is doin' Full Throttle 2. jeezuz, it seems like the only people at LA who still make adventures are the proud makers of Sam & Max. Crikey. Theese guys are good, but we definetly need more adventure makers up at LA.
 SyntheticGerbil
12-08-2002, 9:58 PM
fugh.
Page: 1 of 1