Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Forums Slow Down

Page: 1 of 1
 Dark Sad Shadow
08-26-2002, 11:51 AM
Helloween staff members:

First greetings.

Now, lets go to the point:
Its good to see how the forums are growing day by day with the arrival of new members.
However there is a problem that you should know about it early, the forums are getting very slow, i know, they were made to "host" a lot of users, but the true problem here like all the other member say si that a lot of new users only register and post once in a lot of time, making the forums run out of space (i dunno how big it is) so, now every day i try to enter a forum, or post a reply ...etc... i have to wait about 3 mins, im a 56k user and i know there a lot of people with a lot better connections.

why dont you make a rule in wich say that if the user doesnt post in a some time (say 1-2-3 months) his/her count would be erased?

i think this can fix the problem.
THNX
Atte:
DSS
 Wraith 8
08-26-2002, 11:57 AM
i agree... this morning ( for me morning) the forums were down.. all the morning. and now they were EXTREMELY SLOOOOOOOW!.

i dont like to complain.. but i think someone needed to say this.
is there a big problem or something?
 JR2000Z
08-28-2002, 5:24 PM
I also agree.

And deleting really older posts (like in JK2.net) may also help speed things up.
Page: 1 of 1