Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

jedi council members OPPO RANCISIS, and YARAEL POOF

Page: 1 of 1
 yodie
08-24-2002, 6:39 PM
Someone still needs to make these 2 jedi council members. heres a pic of Oppo Rancisis- http://www.starwarsnet.co.uk/opporancisis.jpg)

heres a pic of Yarael Poof - http://www.starwarsnet.co.uk/yaraelpoof.jpg)

i hope someone can make these if not already or i'll go mad :monkbomb:
 Lord Tnuc
08-24-2002, 6:56 PM
Hmm...this seems like a request to me...when joining a forum, you might want to look up the rules and regulations and whatnots...requests are to be made in the official request thread.
Try to keep it like this ;.;
 yodie
08-24-2002, 7:27 PM
dude, go ahead and make them if u want. i just want all the jedi council members as selectable players in te game:D
 Lord Tnuc
08-24-2002, 8:57 PM
I'm not going to make them...I never offered to...lol. I'm just saying...this is a request that you made...requests are meant to be made in the Request Forum. That's what it's there for. o.o
 Sniper Wolf
08-24-2002, 10:02 PM
It's impossible to make Yareal Poof because his neck is way the hell too long. It wouldn't fit on the humanoid skeleton.
 even311piell
08-24-2002, 11:25 PM
oppo rancisis would be hard to make cause he got no legs, but
a tail like jabba and by the way, i'm working on a Luminara
Unduli (trying), even if shez not a council member, shes pretty cool
 Psyk0Sith
08-25-2002, 12:42 AM
It's impossible to make Yareal Poof because his neck is way the hell too long. It wouldn't fit on the humanoid skeleton.

well i did make a Yarael test head and it works fine.

The problem with poof is the long arms, hands and legs. im far from having a Poof model ready, i'm just testing possibilities...
 nomad
08-26-2002, 1:25 AM
Psyk0Sith
I just had a thought, since you said you were testing out ideas.
It may be possible to make the long arms, legs, and neck by modelling Poof's torso to be small (relative to the root skeleton) model his neck to encompass part of the upper torso, attempt to attach his arms from a lower starting point and tie them to the skeleton's arms, I don't think you have to worry about his legs much (according to some sources he has four arms though) and then with the scaling mod make him larger.
The most difficult thing of course is the lowering of the arms, neck, and shoulder area... and then properly attaching them to follow the root skeleton's animations without error.
I never thought it possible to make Poof myself, but this idea may be something to go with.

root skeleton basic model:
\ O/
\:/
|
|
/ \
/ \

Yareal Poof model
\ O /
\ : /
\:/
|
/ \
/ \

: = neck

-nomad

MTFBWY

LOL! The pictures aren't coming out quite right- can't get those to work :p
The basic idea is there though. Look at it in simple segments.
O = head
\/ = arm segments
: = neck segments
| = torso segments
/\ = leg segments

Hope I haven't wasted too much of anyone's time ;)
 dreamer
08-26-2002, 6:39 AM
that's impossible cuz if u make the torso smaller and the arm segment start lower, the deformation won't be correct because the shoulder part won't even be touching the skeleton, u need to have at least the top of the shoulder touching the bottom of the clavical bones
 Psyk0Sith
08-26-2002, 5:49 PM
The problem is, when deformation occurs, the bones must be pretty close to the mesh.

For the head its ok because, the neck bends at the bottom and the head itself is following the base movement, still gives the impression that the head is moving and not stiff.

I will do some test with longer arms to see how it derforms.
 JediQuermian
10-02-2002, 9:23 PM
Yarael Poof is a good idea. He is one of my favorite chars even though he is so obscure.
 inbredyokel
10-03-2002, 1:13 AM
I'm pretty sure he does have 4 arms. They're just hidden beneath his cloak in all the scenes he is shown in. That's also why his saber hilt is so freakin long.
 JediQuermian
10-03-2002, 8:43 PM
Hopefully someone will make this model possible. It'd probably have to be one of the more experienced modelers out there for example (only an example) Toonces, or MisterPunch - somewhere along that line.
Page: 1 of 1