Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with old MI games music!

Page: 1 of 1
 mojira
08-22-2002, 4:16 AM
Hi all!

I first played the MI games (1+2, that is, obviously) when I was about 10 years old, and I've rediscovered them every two or three years since then.

Anyway, a little while back I purchased the "Monkey Island Madness" CD, and I've since lost it, though luckily I copied the games onto my hard drive. In the last few days I've been trying to play the games, but there's no music at all! TSOMI has sound effects, at least; LCR has no sound at all. What am I doing wrong? My old "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" plays its MIDI music fine, by the by. Am I going to have to search out another copy of the CD on eBay?

Thanks!
 bgbennyboy
08-22-2002, 7:06 AM
Right first of all I dont like the sound of this.
Im sorry, I dont want to offend you but I have a nasty suspicious mind.

The usual signs are there, its your first post, you've 'lost' the cd's and now music wont work.

I have to ask (and please answer truthfully) did you really buy the games or have you downloaded them?

Oh and you'll need to state what operating system you have too (what version of windows).
 mojira
08-22-2002, 7:19 AM
Heh. I'm not offended. If it will make you feel better, I'll tell you what I can remember of my CD: It had the first 2 MI games on it, as well as the dodgy CMI demo that always crashed my computer; the launcher program had a picture of Guybrush in the ocean riding the bumper car, from the start of CMI (I think, this memory is pretty vague); the launcher made monkey shrieking noises when you started it and when you selected a game (I'm more certain of that); the actual CD had fairly sparse cover art, with the Monkey Island Madness logo written on a scratchy scroll type thing along it. That's pretty much all I can remember. My recollections of the packaging and documentation (was there any?) have been lost in time like tears in the rain.

If that makes you feel any better :) I'm using Windows 98; my sound card is a bit unstable, but it's a Forte Media FM801 (I think!!).
 bgbennyboy
08-22-2002, 8:12 AM
Ok, just making sure.

First, the bad news. MI1 (on the cd versions at least) has the music stored as audio tracks on the cd, so no cd=no music.

MI2 doesnt so you should be able to get that to work.
First try starting from command line
Monkey2.exe a s220/7/8

See this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62022) thread for more info on starting with command line(its for DOTT but the basic principals are the same)
 Porky
09-01-2002, 4:41 PM
By the way, where did you get this Monkey Island Madness soundtrack? (I live in the UK, so it's probably not available).
 ivaj
09-01-2002, 10:37 PM
I found that cd in the bargin bin a while ago, lucky for me I picked it up. :)
Page: 1 of 1