Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

my 2 cents

Page: 1 of 1
 Bifficvs
09-12-2001, 12:24 AM
Okay, first, I certainly don't know for sure, but I would say this is a political act of terrorism. For one thing, it was not meant to merely be a tool of destruction. If someone really wanted to terrorize and wreck chaos, we would all be passed out and dead from an Anthrax(should the disease be capitolized, or just the band?) infection, or some other sort of mass destruction. No. This was a planned out slap in the face designed to merely do that: slap America in the face, knock us on our ass and say, listen *****es, you think you bad ass and unstoppable? Look where you at now! You is weak! And I think president Bush is being a total ******* with this(I like him otherwise, I don't want to get into a good Bush, bad Bush discussion) saying this was done because we are "a beacon of freedom", and not acknowledging the fact that this did indeed knock us off our high horse. Stuff like this goes on in third-world countries all the time, and nobody could give a rat's ass. This happens once here, and the world is coming to an end! Why do you think the second plane was timed to crash when there were cameras focused on the Towers? This isn't about death(although I'm certainly not trying to cheapen the lives of those who were lost, it was an atrocity, afterall), but about making a statement and getting a message across. And I think that message has gotten across, despite the government using this to even further push up our own egos as a "strong nation". Yes, people did show their true human concern, however, again, without trying to belittle this at all, it certainly isn't, there is a much bigger picture to be looked at. That is all.
 die rebel scum
09-12-2001, 12:57 AM
all I got to say about that is u r wrong!!!!!!!sorry but u r wrong!!!!! This was a cowardly sneak attack. this is what u call a wake up call. meaning they know there day is threw this is probably there finest hour. but when we find who they r they "WILL"die. simple as that. Also about the ego thing we r the strongest country in the world so we can have our egos so excuse me but shut the hell up!!!!!
 Tie Guy
09-12-2001, 2:59 PM
No, he's right, at least, in part of it.

This was a sneak attack, and was cowardly, and an act of war in my eyes. But, it clearly wasn't meant to be an attack to cripple us. Why do you think that they attacked the World Trade Center? They wanted to hit us where it was most visible. They wanted to prove a point, but it will backfire. In destroying the WTC tower, they not only pissed off us, which is a mistake in itself, but they pissed off a huge number of countries. Why do you think they call it the WORLD Trade Center. It is not only a symbol of America, but out rrelations with other countries. As clearly as this was an act of war, this was a horrible way to make a point, and to tell the world about it.
 TheJackal_jk2
09-12-2001, 3:41 PM
If the terrorists and the goverments ''suporting'' them DO send a highly infectuous disease then it would have no choice but to point at the Nostradamus prediction. In it, the ''anarchists'' spread a disease.

But on the attack on the WorldTrade Center is proof of being planed in advanced and to extacly strike fear. To prove to the westerners (north america) we are not imune to terror and we can be reached easily.

If you noticed, the attack took place on International PEACE day. The day WW2 started.

There might be more. But this is all I know
 Darth_Rommel
09-12-2001, 6:51 PM
Originally posted by TheJackal
extacly strike fear

Yes, and they did a great job of it...
Page: 1 of 1