Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP - Pablo-Jill

Page: 2 of 4
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-05-2002, 8:58 PM
wuts up guys, pretty big update here, got my 3dxmax workin fine now, and i added the robe!! its not done, but its a start, still gotta do the hood and some final touches, other then that i think its done, take a look
sorry for the lack of updatez, but here ya go!:p
http://www.geocities.com/dano_pato/pablo13.txt)
tell me wut u guys think...thx, feedbak is good;)
 "thA dekMan"
09-05-2002, 9:31 PM
hey wutz up guyz, I been friends with dan for a long time now, and I'm gonna be taken my turn at skinning this bad boi. I've done some skinning, and I'm pretty good with photoshop. I'd still love to have some other people do their own versions of the skins to because I have NO idea how mine will turn out. So if anyone wants to give it a go post up in herre.

Now I ask any of you if you can try and get some more reference pics... better face shots, robes etc. That would be awesome, thanks.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-08-2002, 2:07 PM
im workin on the hood rite now, but other then that, wut else should i add guys..?
without robe - http://www.geocities.com/dano_pato/pablo11.txt)
with robe - http://www.geocities.com/dano_pato/pablo13.txt)
tell me wut u think.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-08-2002, 2:33 PM
k guys, i figured that im just gonna leave the hood on the robe for skinning, itll be put on when its skinned. so im done the models in my eyes, and considering i havent got that much support and feedback from you guys lately, [which i dont blame u guys cuz there arent really any ref pics and not alot of people kno alot about this jedi] but i think its done. i think that the next step of getting this guy in game is uvmapping it, which i have read a bunch of tutorials on and still havent figured out how to do it...kinda makin me mad!! but aw well, if theres any really really really good tuts out there that are easy to follow, plez gimme links.
if anyone else wants to take the task of uvmapping it, ive heard its not the best part of putting a model in a game, but it needs to be done if u guys want this guy to end up in game. so if anyone wants to help me with the next step considering the models done, plez contact me, d_ano@hotmail.com and ill send u the model file to uvmap it
before u send me an e-mail, post here so i kno when to check my mail for u, thx guys, id appreaciate that sooo much considering im having a hard time mapping it, thx!
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-09-2002, 9:21 PM
hey people, i guess that not alot of people r interested in my Pablo-Jill model, ive been reading a bunch of tuts on uvmapping but am still to figure out how to do it...believe me id do it if i could. i guess from my last post that no one is interested in the model anymore, im sorry guys but i guess that i gotta stop production on it since i havent gotten much feedback, and unless someone wants to help me out, that would be appreciatd, but if not, then im sorry guys, but plez, someone help me out. lets get thsi jedi in game:p
 Padawan_7
09-09-2002, 9:39 PM
Hey dAno, I think the model is looking great!

I wish I could help you out, but I have no idea how to model.

I for one am VERY, VERY interested in Pablo!!!!!

I think Grafox will probably help you out, if he's going to finish off Trebor.
 Mest
09-09-2002, 10:06 PM
hey dont give up. i am also very interested in Pablo Jill. keep reading tutorials and trying to find someone to uvmap him.
 "thA dekMan"
09-09-2002, 10:47 PM
man, your gonna have to weight it, and put the tags on and everything too :p. And I know you haven't done that ha.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-10-2002, 7:30 AM
thx fro the support guys, id love to get this guy in game.
dekMan, if i tag it itll be all wrong, plus i dunno how to do it:p
but ya, i wuz hopin someone like grafox would help me out and maybe teach me along the way so when i do my next model [not sure yet, any suggestions...?:rolleyes: ] ill be all set to do it on my own.
so plez anyone thatd like to help out post here, thx.
 fat_101
09-10-2002, 8:24 AM
im definatly saying FINISH the model, dont give up. I tried making the super battle droid with basic (main word here BASIC) tutorials which were well.... confusing and give up. You have got this far (alot further than me) and it looks good, next project how about :evanpiel: <--him.

FATTEH

P.S do u know how to get existing models into gmax? dont work 4 me :( if i could im thinkin of starting the super battle droid again. (only thinking tho )
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-10-2002, 9:18 AM
do you mean existing models from jk2?
 fat_101
09-10-2002, 10:50 AM
yup, was told i could edit them into the model i want, itll be quicker easier or something but hey nothings quick with me :D

FATTEH
 Darth Vigrid
09-10-2002, 1:24 PM
dAno, don't give up. UVW mapping really isn't very hard, it just takes time and patience to do. This tutorial here (http://www.gignews.com/jade_3dsmax.htm) taught me everything I needed to know about mapping. Check it out.
 adillon
09-10-2002, 2:48 PM
DV, thanks for the link. hope it helps him, i know it'll help me.

and dAno, don't give up. if you put all this time and effort into the model, once it's complete you'll just have that much more pride in your work. it should also make your next project (if/when there is one) easier, and more enjoyable, to make.
 Jason Solo
09-10-2002, 3:18 PM
Yeah don't give up the jk2community is more than willing to help you through the rought spots.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-10-2002, 4:08 PM
thx for the support guys! :) i havent been getting a lot of feedback on this guy, but from wut ive got i think ive put together a pretty good model thx to u guys.
i just send the models [robed/unrobed] off to grafox, hes volunteered to uvmap the models and such if he has the time. once he e-mails me back, ill give u guys an update on what hes gonna do to help me out, again guys, thx for the support, wish grafox luck!:p
oh ya, what should i do for my next project...?
 Padawan_7
09-10-2002, 4:38 PM
Well, I would like to see either Ellorrs Madak.

See here...
http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/toyshowcase/item.cfm?sku=84606)

or a Geonosain warrior (using the jet pack mod, heh heh heh). :D
 adillon
09-10-2002, 4:43 PM
Originally posted by dAno
oh ya, what should i do for my next project...?

my thoughts on your next project ...

an aqualish (http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/aqualish/index.html)
or
a sullustan (http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/sullustan/index.html)

... definitely 2 species that are needed in this game.
 Jason Solo
09-10-2002, 4:46 PM
Yeah definatly a sullustian.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-10-2002, 5:19 PM
i think an aqualish would be way to hard [too much hair:p ]
Ellorrs Madak is a kool character, so is the sullustan, but i think that i wanna stik with the Attack of the Clones theme and do another jedi maybe...any suggestions for another jedi?

Saesee Tiin maybe? is still in the making by bleek? cuz if not then if anyone else isnt doin him then maybe i will.;)
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-10-2002, 5:24 PM
or maybe Eeth Koth guys...hes a pretty sweet jedi...?
 Rekked
09-10-2002, 5:25 PM
Hey Dano, cool model!

I see it is developing very well. I like the look it has with the robes on, so i really expect this model to be one of my favourites!

[off topic]However i lack some kind of mod/patch that will include codes for putting on/off the robes in game without changing models, kind of what Maul does in Ep1(when he reveals himself to the Jedi in Naboo), or like Windu when he quits his flaming robes in Geonosis. I think i'm gonna request this in the coding section, cause it would be cool[/off topic]

For the taunts.. i haven't thought of any new taunts... i could do the voice for some of them if you gave me some lines, but right now i can only think of the typical movie lines like "use the force" (in spanish: "Usa la Fuerza") or something, although i'd like to hear Pablo-Jill say some more-aggresive lines, like "you'll soon be dead" ("pronto estarбs muerto") or "the party is over" (se acabу la fiesta") :D . If you set up some lines, i'll be glad to tape some and send it to you so you can either include them or have them as a reference.

For a funnier taunts, there's some spanish phrases that will give your character a unique "drug-dealer" personality: " i'm going to hit you so hard you won't know if you're going up or down" (" te voy a dar una ostia que no vas a saber si subes o bajas"). or "i'm going to hit you so hard that your teeth will pop out dancing cha cha cha" (Te voy a arrear una ostia que te van a salir las muelas bailando el cha cha cha"). :D :D :D

Anyway, sorry for the lack of replies, but the exams only let me check the forums once a few days. Keep up the good job!
 Padawan_7
09-10-2002, 5:26 PM
Saesee Tiin sound good to me. From what I've read Bleek gave that up.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-10-2002, 5:40 PM
I see it is developing very well. I like the look it has with the robes on, so i really expect this model to be one of my favourites!

thx man! i apreciate that.:)
about the taunts, i think uve said some pretty good ones, im not sure if i wanna do a funny one or a serious one yet. but i mean if u wanna record all the ones u said, in a low voice, like we discussed before, thatd be sweet. just post em once u got em recorded so the community can have a say about em to. thx man.

and for now still name what u guys think for my next project cuz i wanna maybe get started soon until grafox gets back to me, thx.
 Rekked
09-10-2002, 6:25 PM
Mmmm... i'm a big fan of avery alien model that comes out... so I'd say an Alien jedi.. or maybe any alien with jedi robes... rodians done, trandoshan's done, calamari's being done... lets see..

HEY! HOW ABOUT SOME NEMOUDIANS? (the tall and gray/green guys from the trade federation)

They are humanoid, taller than humans... just the perfect guy you expect to get in such a good game as this!!

:D :D :D

Anyway, just a suggestion... and if you need the taunts, just ask!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 Mest
09-10-2002, 7:41 PM
could someone post a pic of Saese Tinn? (sp for sure)
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-10-2002, 8:15 PM
mest, this guys saesee tiin
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/saeseetiin/index_eu.html)
i mite model him, but im not sure, ive gotten alot of suggestions but so im not sure which one to do yet...

and rekked, record the taunts from the ones that u listed, u listed some good ones, record them, like "use the force", "youll soon be dead", do all them, i wanna hear wut they sound like, thx. just post em on this thread.
 Mest
09-10-2002, 10:45 PM
Saesee Tiin would be bad-ass in jedi outcast. i think you should definitely make him.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-11-2002, 7:17 AM
ya he would be pretty bad-ass...i think ima model em
now all i gotta do is figure out how to get the jk2 skeleton into 3dsmax....? any help? :p
 Padawan_7
09-11-2002, 11:07 AM
I think you import the jkii skeleton from the stormtrooper root.xsi that came with the 1st tool release. The plugin for importing xsi files into 3dsmax can also be found in that same 1st tool release.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-11-2002, 3:56 PM
k guys, grafox just e-mailed me bak sayin that hes really busy and cant uvmap it. hes doin trebor [which im happy about:D ]
but ya, ima get the video on uvmapping and do it myself...well at least try, if i have any problems ill post a help message or somethin, but im now beginning the uvmaps for pablo-jill. so wish me luck guys!
and keep the suggestions comin for my next model...its not FOR SURE that im doin tiin...still wanna see wut everyone thinks:)
 12thMonkey
09-11-2002, 4:36 PM
i think Tiin would be a great model to do. People have tried it before and decided to quit so thats why i am so eager to get this model. It seems everytime someone made him it was like reaching out for it and then it being snatched away again.

Think your up to the challege?
 Padawan_7
09-11-2002, 4:55 PM
I think you should go with Saesee Tiin. He's one of my favorite Jedi Council members and no one has been able to make him yet.
 Padawan_7
09-12-2002, 3:50 PM
Hey dAno, if you haven't started the uvmapping on Pablo's head yet I have one more suggestion.

I think the area around his mouth? (umm where us humans have our forehead) is a little on the square-ish side. This problem is mostly visible from the front view, but can also be seen as the forehead area goes around the sides of the head. I hope that makes sense. ;)

But if you're already into uvmapping the head, its okay.

Let us know how you're doing!
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-13-2002, 5:36 PM
hey guys sorry for the update lack, but ive been real busy this week wit stuff around town and skool, plus ive been workin on me and my friends webpage [u can see it in my sig] lately so...thats wut ive been doin.

i watched the video for doing the uvmapping, so i kno wut im doin now, and ill get started as soon as possible guys.

about the Saesee Tiin thing fro my next model...i dunno about that cuz i think i read someone else is makin him, so hes outta the question...i dunno who else to do guys..?
 Pnut_Man
09-13-2002, 6:42 PM
this is off topic with the model..but i've gotta say you're site kicks ass, really nice layout. And great lightsaber effects ;)
 "thA dekMan"
09-13-2002, 7:06 PM
heh u really like the site?

its still a w.i.p. at the moment, and we are currently getting some new stuff up and going.

basically its me, dano, and our friend andrew, and he got a video camera, and we decided to make a starwars movie. First it was really ghetto cuz we were just fooling around, but now we have gotten serious and decided to redo.

Dans been responsible for putting the website together, and I've been doing all the graphics to put it there.

We will be making updates as often as we can, so if u wanna keep going back then we are all for it :p.

All of us are getting used to rotoscoping and such, and hope this will turn out to be a fun project, and mebe we can get an art credit for highschool. hah.

and dan, why not do umz... i forget her name lol, something like weasal... the bounty hunter gurl, at the start of epii.
 Padawan_7
09-13-2002, 8:06 PM
Maybe you could do Yarael Poof.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-13-2002, 8:41 PM
hmmm...good idea dek
and padawan, id love to model yareal poof but due tot he skeleton of jk2 i cant...sux eh
i mite do sam wessel...i dunno yet
i kinda wanan do another jedi
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-13-2002, 10:15 PM
guys, ive been tryin to uvmap the head for about the past hour and a half and i still cant seem to get it rite..i dunno if its the model or wut. i watched the video on it and i kno how to do it but it ust isnt workin. i cant figure out what edges to select to do it, and when i select em and edit it, i dont kno how to change em around to make em stay in the rite shape without overlapping....any help would be good, if u want i can send u the model and maybe someone could see if its the model or just me that sux at uvmapping:p plez someone help! either post or e-mail me at d_ano@hotmail.com
 t3rr0r
09-13-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by dAno
i mite do sam wessel...
you mean zam.
 "thA dekMan"
09-13-2002, 10:19 PM
hey i know this is O.T. but I'm sure dan would like to know the answer to this too. If you look at our website, all the pictures have like a beige outline around them. How can we get rid of those?
 "thA dekMan"
09-13-2002, 10:27 PM
hey i was just lookin through all the smiley's and there is that one gurl, I forget her name... it slike aurra sing or something. Shes really pale (white skin) and red hair. I don't think shes a jedi, but she might be. And shes an awesome character imo.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-13-2002, 10:32 PM
yo dekMan, sorry to break it to ya bro, but
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=2659)
 "thA dekMan"
09-13-2002, 10:38 PM
oh my bad. I guess thats out of the question... well not entirely but it would be a waste of time I guess lol.

just do Zam man.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-13-2002, 11:01 PM
guys, im not giving up the model, but im giving up uvmapping on this model. im pretty busy rite now wit skool and my movie [again check the sig for the website] and i think that if i map Pablo-Jill, itll be all messed up and all wrong. i kno alot of u people love this model, and so do i. i wanna get this guy in game eventually, but it needs to be uvmapped first....grafox is really busy he said so he cant do it rite now. if anyone else is willing to help me out and uvmap it for me, continue in the process, u will get full support of the model once its released. if no one wants to, then i guess this model is just gonna sit here on my comp and no progress will occur unless someone else does it for now. im sorry guys, but thats how its gotta be rite now. so plez, someone respond to this and help me and the community out by taking the next step in getting Pablo-Jill into jk2...:)
 Padawan_7
09-14-2002, 10:22 AM
dAno,

Ask Toonces to take over Pablo-Jill for you. After all, he's taking over Tex's Qui-Gon Jinn model!!!

Also, I do believe Yareal Poof is possible.

Just make a very thin humanoid shaped torso, legs, arms, hands, and feet. Then make a Jedi robe that falls down to the feet.
Then make a very long neck and a small head. Attach the neck bones to the long neck's base, and just forget about the facial bones because those will not be possible to attach.

Then all you have to do is scale him appropriately in Jedimod.

When it comes down to Yareal's movements, the long neck and small head will move with the neck bones attached to it's base. The only thing that would be sacrificed here would be any fluid neck movements, because the neck would remain stiff. But Yareal Poof's species are invertebrates (no spinal bones).

See here...
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yaraelpoof/eu.html)

Therefore, there would be very little movement in the neck area anyway (unless of course, the neck was jointed like an arm or leg would be). But, all in all, I think it would be fine to have it stay rigid.

The only real issue to contend with would be any clipping issues the neck would go through when the model goes into it's roll animations. But I think that would be easy enough to ignore, if the neck was attached properly.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I think Zam Wessel would also be a good choice to make. There is a lack of good female models in JKII. And, of course, Zam is just down right cool!

Padawan_7
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-14-2002, 12:27 PM
ya padawan, i think its between Yareal Poof and Zam Wessel for my next model...but rite now im worryd about this model. man, i would love for toonces to help me out, but im just gonna let him decide if he wants to take over by reading this post! i dont wanna be rude cuz i kno hes busy, but him or grafox r the 2 guys id love to see take over him...hopefully toonces replys or has even read this thread before.
anyone else thats willing to take over post here plez.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-16-2002, 5:00 PM
sweet guys, if u havent been followin my other thread
HELP - uvmapping - Pablo-Jill
then u mite wanna kno that KevinCoyle will be takin the next step and uvmapping Pablo-Jill for me, hes gonna make updates on this thread once he has updates.
he said hes also gonna skin it to. ill ask him for the mappin after hes done cuz i wanna give it a try skinnin, and ill also let u guys skin it if ud like.
 Elessar-Eдrfalas
09-16-2002, 6:04 PM
hey kevincoyle, not to rush u on anything, but when do u think ur gonna get started on Pablo-Jill?
Page: 2 of 4