Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Boredom

Page: 1 of 1
 YourGod
08-18-2002, 1:10 AM
i'm growing bored of reading & talking about a game that we'll be waiting months for....i'm going to keep up our pa, & post occassionally, but i probly won't be back here til december.

bye y'alls
 Sckitzo
08-18-2002, 1:21 AM
Know what you mean, I gott wait another year because il way to lazy to get a job b4 I ship off.
 Ewok Hunter
08-18-2002, 1:23 AM
oh, and i though that the trafic on these boards muight acctually be picking up:(. if you think this is borring you should go and look at some of the posts half a year ago, very intresting reading :D
 Jan Gaarni
08-18-2002, 4:19 AM
HEY!!!

Don't be dissing our post here, man, old as new ones. :D
 Ewok Hunter
08-18-2002, 7:15 PM
sorry no slight intended Jan, if Set were here I now of a few body parts that i wouldn't be having righ now for that coment :rolleyes:
 Wraith 8
08-19-2002, 9:41 AM
hey i have been here since the opening of this forum.... you just have to bite your time

patience is a virtue (sp?)
 Longjocks
08-19-2002, 11:05 PM
Depends on whether you like to chat. I post mainly in off-topic areas, but I read a lot more for news and such. I post more in the main areas when a particular game comes out (and I have it).
 setsuko
08-22-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by ewok hunter
sorry no slight intended Jan, if Set were here I now of a few body parts that i wouldn't be having righ now for that coment :rolleyes:

Fear. I am back home. Now where are those pliers?
 Ewok Hunter
08-22-2002, 9:05 PM
oh no she heard /me runs away, far away and yells
welcome back Set
 setsuko
08-22-2002, 9:54 PM
Thank you. Luckily for you, I must have forgotten my pliers when I was at my parents old house, painting.
 Ewok Hunter
08-22-2002, 10:12 PM
what was that about some sort of convention that you were talking about shortly before you left?
 setsuko
08-22-2002, 10:15 PM
I was a receptionist at SydCon. Mostly cardgames, boardgames, roleplaying, freeform, and a anime theater. (I watched all 25 episodes of Fruits Basket between 11pm and 9am!) That's where I aquired my little cthulhu friend.
 Ewok Hunter
08-22-2002, 10:23 PM
oh, that gives me an idea:D, you know how at the back of the handbook it has a section about intigrating cthulhu with D&D? well using that we could then extrapolate a star wars RPG game with cthulhu, so what do you say:)
 setsuko
08-22-2002, 10:32 PM
Hmm... Dunno. The emperor, after loosing an extra 2d20 sanity. Nyarlhotep chewing on the Millenium Falcon. What's the point of being jedi, when you fight a Great Old One? :D

But sure, Star Wars could use a little bit of horror now and then. Adding bits of Cthulhu would rid it of all those happy endings. "Death or insanity". That's the promise of a real hero.

Is that Holocron really made by an old jedi master? And mynocks are one thing, but Space Deep Ones...

Oh! And the best one: The more jedi lore you learn, the more sanity you loose. Just like mythos lore. So, you always have to sacrifice sanity for that elusive thing called the Force. Suddenly, you see Yoda in a totally new light.

"Help you I will, yes, uhm?"

creeeepy
 Ewok Hunter
08-22-2002, 10:44 PM
:rofl: soooo, i take that as a yes:D
and hey this is on topic enough because the thread is dscussing what we're doing until game release right?
 setsuko
08-22-2002, 10:47 PM
and hey this is on topic enough because the thread is dscussing what we're doing until game release right?

Yes. I'll propably spend the time like this. Spamming the board, that is! :D
 Ewok Hunter
08-22-2002, 10:51 PM
don't do that, if you need to vent take it out on some other board like this (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=55)
 setsuko
08-22-2002, 10:54 PM
"There have been no posts in the last 100 days in this forum." says it all?
 Ewok Hunter
08-22-2002, 10:58 PM
which means that no one cares if you make it go :explode: right Set :p
 Redwing
08-23-2002, 7:13 AM
Originally posted by setsuko
Hmm... Dunno. The emperor, after loosing an extra 2d20 sanity. Nyarlhotep chewing on the Millenium Falcon. What's the point of being jedi, when you fight a Great Old One? :D

But sure, Star Wars could use a little bit of horror now and then. Adding bits of Cthulhu would rid it of all those happy endings. "Death or insanity". That's the promise of a real hero.

Is that Holocron really made by an old jedi master? And mynocks are one thing, but Space Deep Ones...

Oh! And the best one: The more jedi lore you learn, the more sanity you loose. Just like mythos lore. So, you always have to sacrifice sanity for that elusive thing called the Force. Suddenly, you see Yoda in a totally new light.

"Help you I will, yes, uhm?"

creeeepy

I've seen some Star Wars horror stories...but they were written for younger people...like Goosebumps. Ish. They weren't all that bad, though.

I don't really know what Cthullu is tho :D
 Ewok Hunter
08-26-2002, 9:09 PM
it's a d20 game based on some sort of horror stories, around the turn of the centuriy era... sure Set can explain better
 setsuko
08-27-2002, 7:17 AM
sure Set can explain better

It's based on H P Lovecraft's (http://www.hplovecraft.com/) series of short stories and novellas known as the "Cthulhu mythos". H P Lovecraft is one of the most famous early 1900's horror writers, and he revolutioned the horror genre. His main trademarks was the hopeful feeling to his works; the 'heroes' has either death, or insanity to look forward to (this is likely because that's what happened to a lot of his family). Because according to Lovecraft, sanity is a veil that cloaks the universe's true nature for mankind. The more you get to know how things really works, the further you slip into insanity. Because the universe is a cold place. The major factors that battles for domination of the universe is the Old Ones (like Cthulhu), who are downright evil, and the Elder Gods, who at best don't really care about humanity. At best.

Simply put, the Cthulhu mythos is about these gods and old ones, but throught the eyes of humans (read: victims), most oftly people living in New England. Some of them are awake, some of then use humans as pawns, some of them are sleeping (like Cthulhu, the bringer of the apocalypse), and some of them just want to destroy. And none of them are really that nice.

What's special is that Lovecraft, after a while, started believing in this mythos himself, got quite insane, and lived in a closet. And he only got one of his books published in a 'real' book before his death, they had only been featured in short story magazines.

Oh, and he invented the Necronomicon.
Page: 1 of 1