Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Attack on America

Page: 1 of 1
 Aristotle
09-11-2001, 4:46 PM
Just a quick note to any and all of our readers who have any loved ones, family or friends who have been affected by this great tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Aristotle
http://www.lucasgames.com)
 Tie Guy
09-11-2001, 5:05 PM
Amen to that....................................God bless us all
 Aristotle
09-11-2001, 5:26 PM
Damn...

Word just in that World Trade Center building #7 just went down.... although it was evacuated... it's going to make the search and rescue for the WTC buildings even harder and more prolonged...

That's 3 major buildings now, the Pentagon, and one jetliner ...

I never thought I would witness the day...
 Captain Fett
09-11-2001, 5:30 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Amen to that....................................god bless us all

*God bless us all* please show some respect and capitalize the "G" when referring to our maker!

Also I have to say that this is terrible and that I want to remind everyone to be praying for our country and our president and to be thanking God for a strong president.

"These are times that try men's souls!"
 Trade Fed Ed
09-11-2001, 7:31 PM
oh no we're all gonna die! ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
 xwing guy
09-11-2001, 7:58 PM
All 4 of the jet airliners have been confirmed to have been hijaked. And now there 90% sure that Bin Laden and his terroisist group are responsible. For those of you that don't know Bin Laden and his terrorisit group has done lots of terrorisit acts in the past, like the bombing of the USS Cole. Bush has said that a military response will happen soon. This is almost like RA2 knida, except its real. And please remember to pray for our country and our leaders to be strong in this tradgey.
 Tie Guy
09-11-2001, 9:13 PM
Yeah, when i first saw it i was waiting for the announcement of a soviet invasion. ;) But that never came.

Anyways, i knew, as did alot of people, that it was Bin Laden the whole time, no one else could have pulled that off.
 xwing guy
09-11-2001, 9:25 PM
Thats right, and once there completly sure it was Bin Laden, a military response from us will be immenint. Yall folks reasilse that we are experinceing history right now, because this is the biggest and most tragic thing since preal harbor.
 Gamma732
09-11-2001, 9:41 PM
Xwing guy is right. Welcome to History. This could very well be our generation's JFK(Those of you who live outside the US, forgive the analogy). You'll probably never forget where you were, who you were with, and how you felt when it happened. I know I won't forget.

And another strange thing...I'm strongly considering going into teaching history. If I do, I'll end up teaching this day to kids. A very sobering thought, no?
 Sherack Nhar
09-11-2001, 9:47 PM
Teaching history is a noble cause, Gamma. Everybody must remember the atrocities that humanity has to endure because of some individual's lust for power, be it economic, political, or religious.

Maybe some day they'll make a movie out of this day. I sure hope they don't include some cheesy love story ala Pearl Harbour... it would ruin the gravity of the situation.
 Link Antilles
09-11-2001, 9:52 PM
This all seems like a movie or a dream, but it's real! ( which is the bad part!)

God help them all in N.Y. and Washington!
 xwing guy
09-11-2001, 10:02 PM
Yes I remember that today after 9:00 I was going from my first period class to my second period class and one of my friends told me everything that happened because the class that he was in had one of those wall mounted TVs, my first period class didn't and I said to him "You gotta be kidding." and when I walked into my second period class I saw it all on TV and I said "this can't be happening, this is unreal" but it was happening and I saw everything live except when the planes crashed into the buildings.
 darthfergie
09-11-2001, 10:12 PM
This is too Sureal.:(
It is like it is straight out of a Tom Clancy Novel. You would think that our National Security agencies would have read this book and considered the threat.
 Gamma732
09-11-2001, 10:15 PM
At 9:00 I had just gotten to my 3rd period class. My History teacher(ironically), who's class I had just left, ran into the room behind me yelling "Planes are crashing into the World Trade Center!! You need to turn on the TV!!" The look on his face was indescribable. We did turn on the TV and saw the replay of the plane crashing. And as if life were some kind of sick cartoon, we could hear the teacher running down the hall, stoping in every class to tell them of the morning's events. I'll never forget this day.

And, yes, Sherack, all teaching is a very noble cause. ;)
 Clefo
09-11-2001, 10:34 PM
Not only are we 90% sure that it was Bin Laden there are also some reports that the Taliban are horboring Bin Laden. Looks like we may have to ask Russia to invade Afghanistan again..
 Gamma732
09-11-2001, 10:43 PM
News Flash: A couple guys in a truck full of explosives were just caught on a NYC bridge(I forget which one)

I'm really worried, these guys are really trying to make a point. Maybe its just because I'm one of the closest members here to this, and I'm being overly paranoid perhaps, but this doesn't look like its going to be over anytime in the near future...I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
 darthfergie
09-11-2001, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Clefo
Not only are we 90% sure that it was Bin Laden there are also some reports that the Taliban are horboring Bin Laden. Looks like we may have to ask Russia to invade Afghanistan again..

Early this morning the Taliban was the FIRST to say that Ben Laden was not being harbored by them.(why ask Russia to invade? We could handle the whole thing better than Russia because Russia's military is streached far enough. We could accomplish it much easier)

News Flash: A couple guys in a truck full of explosives were just caught on a NYC bridge(I forget which one)
Just a bunch of people in a bizzar faction that wanted to get some press:mad:
 Lord JayVizIon
09-11-2001, 10:52 PM
you never know fergie.

i also heard on CNN that there are FBI warrants for southern florida
 Gamma732
09-11-2001, 10:59 PM
Why ask Russia to assist us? Not because we may need their help. We would accept their help because Russia is right there. They may be our allie, but they don't want a 51st state in their backyard. If they helped us, we'd have their concent to operating in the region, as well as the extra help to defend against anyone that would come against us.

Originally, when it was only one plane to hit the WTC, we may think 'There are people flying that can not miss that thing? What an idiot.' But then a second appears and manuvers to hit the neighboring tower. The attack on the Pentagon all but confirms its a terrorist action. You can not just count stuff like this off now. It was just confirmed that these guys had enough explosives to take out the George Washington Bridge. You just don't say 'Hey! I want a piece of that!', pick up some C4, and go on your merry way to take out a bridge. You need time to acquire that amount of explosives.

Anyway, the political/military debate has been fun, but I gotta run. Good night everyone, and I hope we all do even a little better tomorrow.
 Droideka
09-11-2001, 11:07 PM
i have a feeling our country will pull through we have already been through two world wars :(
 Lord JayVizIon
09-11-2001, 11:33 PM
there are people who are trapped calling from their cell phones.

every plane that flies above us scares me.

damn those people who are responsible
 Tie Guy
09-12-2001, 3:04 PM
I heard that they found a manual on how to fly 757s in arabic, along with a fuel calculator, and a copy of the Koran in a car at logan airport. How can a "scared" and "holy" book teach such destruction?!?
 Gamma732
09-12-2001, 5:34 PM
I heard that they found a manual on how to fly 757s in arabic, along with a fuel calculator, and a copy of the Koran in a car at logan airport. How can a "scared" and "holy" book teach such destruction?!?

I haven't read it, nor am I Muslim, but I've heard that the Koran is a very violent text. I don't necissarially know if that is true or not. But, look at the Middle Ages. The mentality then was to spread the religon by any means necissary. Either through conversion or the sword. Generally, the world is more civilized then the world was in the Middle Ages, but there are still groups of people with this mentality.

As for something like that being 'holy' and 'sacred', it all depends on the point of view. To us, obviously, we consider human life sacred. Just as obviously, to the group of people that purpatraited yesterday's attack, human life is not sacred.
 JEDI_MASTA
09-12-2001, 5:57 PM
man did u see those palistinians or whatever partying that is really sick:mad:
 Gamma732
09-12-2001, 6:05 PM
Yeah.....the site of people, and especially children rejoicing over any kind of bloodshed is sickening. But while we believe we are in the right, they believe that they are in the right. They see the USA as oppressive. I've seen quotes from some leaders saying we got what we deserved. That is another sickening concept.
 Darth_Rommel
09-12-2001, 6:55 PM
This is kinda like the start of WW1... a terrorist from Serbia kill the Archduke of Austria-Hungary (AH).... AH want revenge, so they declare war on Serbia... Russia, Serbia's ally declares war on AH... then Germany joins, etc... This is kinda scary, eh?
 die rebel scum
09-12-2001, 7:14 PM
hey if u want to talk about WW3 than go to that thread
 Darth_Rommel
09-12-2001, 9:01 PM
Who cares? All these threads are about the same topic... :p
 Gamma732
09-12-2001, 9:06 PM
Not the same ! There are slight variations!! :p
 Tie Guy
09-12-2001, 9:14 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
This is kinda like the start of WW1... a terrorist from Serbia kill the Archduke of Austria-Hungary (AH).... AH want revenge, so they declare war on Serbia... Russia, Serbia's ally declares war on AH... then Germany joins, etc... This is kinda scary, eh?

Expect Aphaganistan or Bin Laden doesn't have any allies! No one else wants anything to do with this.
 Darth_Rommel
09-12-2001, 9:16 PM
Originally posted by someone
hey if u want to talk about WW3 than go to that thread

Jeeeez TIE! You got a point though... too bad it's in the wrong thread :D
 xwing guy
09-12-2001, 9:19 PM
But when we find Bin Laden, all the power from his false god can't save him, because we have the one and true God on our side.
 Captain Fett
09-12-2001, 9:48 PM
Originally posted by xwing guy
But when we find Bin Laden, all the power from his false god can't save him, because we have the one and true God on our side.

R U a Christian? xwing guy? If so read in Zephania in the King James Version, it talks about this! It is sooo freaky and scary to think that someone prophesyed about this thousands of yrs. ago and that God may be sending his wrath on us for being too powerful and cocky about it!
 Gamma732
09-12-2001, 10:23 PM
News Flash: This is **Unconfirmed**, I repeat, this is **unconfirmed**, but a local news station has reported that an Arabic online newspaper has reported that Osama Bin Laden is under house arrest. They didn't say who's holding him or anything, so I kind of doubt this. However, if he's been captured already, so much the better. But, as I said it is **unconfirmed**.
 xwing guy
09-12-2001, 10:25 PM
Yes tie guy I'm a Christian. How'd you guess?;) I haven't read that part of the Bible, but there are quite a few profesies out there that I know about. Also when all those people who wrote the Bible where writting it God was giving them the words to write, they just weren't writing off the top of their heads or anything.
 Gamma732
09-12-2001, 10:40 PM
News Flash Part 2: There has just been a bomb threat at the Empire State Building. They found a 'suspicious package' on the 44th floor. They've emptied the building except for the cops investigating. The time is 10:40 PM EST

UPDATE: It was a false alarm! The police just said there is NO bomb! Finally some good news.
 darthfergie
09-12-2001, 10:59 PM
You know the worst part about this?
The Oklahoma City Bombing had only about 130 dead.
In the 4 planes alone there is suposed to be 282 dead
In the Pentagon over 800 dead is expected
In the World Trade Center...numbering in the tens of thousands.:(

The worst Terrorist incident in The History of the World:(
 Gamma732
09-12-2001, 11:01 PM
So far around 82 are confirmed dead, and around 1700 injured. I don't know what to say.
 darthfergie
09-12-2001, 11:41 PM
This is so very true.:mad:

http://cagle.slate.msn.com/news/attack/attackgifs4/vengeance%20web.jpg)

Those Terrorists must have been stupid because like they are saying all over...

They have awakened a SLEEPING GIANT:mad:
 Tie Guy
09-13-2001, 3:02 PM
Yes tie guy I'm a Christian. How'd you guess? I haven't read that part of the Bible, but there are quite a few profesies out there that I know about. Also when all those people who wrote the Bible where writting it God was giving them the words to write, they just weren't writing off the top of their heads or anything.

I didn't ask X-wing, Fett did. Oh well, i am too.

Anyways, Ferg, i think we can expect a little more than 82 dead. That would be a miracle if the number was that low.
 Gamma732
09-13-2001, 3:10 PM
Ferg didn't say that, I did. And that was as of a long while ago...I never said it was final. Unfortunately
 darthfergie
09-13-2001, 5:20 PM
Anyways, Ferg, i think we can expect a little more than 82 dead. That would be a miracle if the number was that low.

been posted by Darthfergie for a long time
You know the worst part about this?
The Oklahoma City Bombing had only about 130 dead.
In the 4 planes alone there is suposed to be 282 dead
In the Pentagon over 800 dead is expected
In the World Trade Center...numbering in the tens of thousands.

Next time look:D
Page: 1 of 1