Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Outta Here

Page: 1 of 1
 Koenig
08-02-2002, 8:12 AM
Yes thats right, not to another PA, but completly out, I am not going to be playing galaxies, because its going to be a monumental rip off, designed to make money first and be a good game second. It came to this, because I posted a carefully worded post of my own thoughts on the offical site, and got ripped/insulted and had the piss taken out of me by 20 complete wankers, and quite frankly I aint playing any game that those sort of people are in

Adios.
 Jan Gaarni
08-02-2002, 2:07 PM
What?!?!?

Show me the thread. I'll look over it. Post my own views on it (if I have them) and I guarantee I'll back you up. You ARE part of our PA, and if I didn't do that I wouldn't deserve to be in it.

So bring the link.
 Gaalgoth
08-03-2002, 10:03 AM
yeah man, I'll back you up too....I am the founder after all. Besides, the official site is filled with dicks. Of course there will be people like that in this game, but what game doesn't have them? If it's the money issue I can't help there, but as far as people there are going to be #######s anywhere you go. Quitting because of them is pointless.
 Ewok Hunter
08-03-2002, 5:12 PM
you know that once the game comes this board may become as poluted as the JK2 board. probably will be people beging for help to become jedis :D
 setsuko
08-03-2002, 11:02 PM
Then they'll have to go through me!

"None Shall Pass!"
-Setsuko the Gatekeeper
 Ewok Hunter
08-03-2002, 11:22 PM
^ great setsuko ;) makes sence if you read trator
 Jan Gaarni
08-04-2002, 5:26 AM
Funny, I was thinking Ghostbusters when I read that. ;)

Oh, and I'm the Key Master. :p
 Wraith 8
08-04-2002, 6:11 PM
hey koenig? still here? hey man.... dont leave cause a few wankers started bitching you off. i had the same thing when i was at the sam and max forums.... but i didnt leave cause a couple of them were rude to me.

look..... 12 planets will be in the release. 12... with what? like over 15.000 people will play it? it is not likely you will run into those people. and if you do and you run into problems.. the associates will back you up totally.....

please dont leave us

-wraith 8-
 Ewok Hunter
08-04-2002, 6:19 PM
wow, 12 planets. didn't know that:)
 setsuko
08-04-2002, 9:09 PM
Snap out of it. Really. If you can't stand annoying people, the internet is a poor choise of a place to stay at. Frankly, I would be awed if you manage to live without meeting jerks in real life either. They are out there. Everywhere. Just like zombies. So if you are to leave every activity as soon as you meet a jerk, be prepared to live running.

That said, multiplayer online games is what a chocolate crisp cookie covered in honey and syrup is for ants. There will never, ever be an online multiplayer game where you like every player. The secret techique is to find out what players are jerks, and who are nice people, and then hang around with the nice gamers. It's really that simple. But if you are naive enough to be surprised that you were flamed at the station boards, well...sheesh. People get flamed there all the time. Grow some backbone. If you let total stangers run your life that easy, you'll have a hard time in the 'real world'. Don't run away at first sight of trouble. It won't get you anywhere.

In the words of the great Wyclef:

If you let them kick you twice, they'll kick you twice.
If you let them kick you once, they'll kick you once.
But if you break their ****ing feet, there won't be any more kickin', will it?
 Gaalgoth
08-04-2002, 9:54 PM
Ladies and gentlemen setsuko, our law enforcement. Don't kick her or she'll break your ****ing feet.
 setsuko
08-05-2002, 7:52 AM
Damn right, Gaalgoth. You don't want to mess with us when I'm in an authoritarian mood! ;)
 Wraith 8
08-05-2002, 7:56 AM
well lets promote you to security officer then :D
 setsuko
08-05-2002, 8:10 AM
Captain Setsuko... I like the sound of that :D
 Jan Gaarni
08-05-2002, 8:31 AM
What?!?

A girl who outranks me!?!

Yack. :D

Anyway, like Set said, leaving cause 20 guys on the main boards flammed you isn't the right way to deal with it, and most certaintly not good enough reason to leave.
The boards have always been like that, take my word for it (altough it's much worse now then before).
And it will always be like that. Nothing will change that unfortunatly.

Anyway, can you plz give me a link to the thread. I'd really like to see what the hell happened.
 Ewok Hunter
08-07-2002, 6:33 PM
Setsuko the Security officer, now none of our feet will be safe:p
Page: 1 of 1