Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Covenat Elite Finished:D

Page: 4 of 5
 _NinjaGaiden_
10-24-2002, 6:11 PM
dont quit on me now! I WANT A MASTER CHIEF MODEL!!! .........
 agentj64
10-29-2002, 6:45 PM
http://server49.hypermart.net/agentj64/cov.jpg)
school is busy but im here every so often:d
 PIo Koon
10-29-2002, 9:47 PM
looks great agentj!!

the only problem i see is that the stomach skin color and leg skin colors don't match...but besides that it looks great
 the_Beast
11-02-2002, 11:08 AM
looks great butt it looks tgat this thread is dead
NO ? THIS CAN'T BE THE HORROR !!!
i need an update...:freakout:
 agentj64
11-02-2002, 2:12 PM
hey man sorry its just that I got a lot of stuff to do lol bt im at the applestore now tyuping this in, goddam i luv these monitors alright ill go home now.. and work onit..
i want a mac
 the_Beast
11-02-2002, 4:13 PM
thnx
 InTeRLoPeR
11-04-2002, 9:55 PM
Hey, I like the update. When do you normal get on MSN? Cause we want to talk to you. ;) Nice Work!:D
 the_Beast
11-09-2002, 8:36 AM
nothing new ?:confused:
 agentj64
11-09-2002, 1:44 PM
Working on the legs
should be done by tonight or tomorrow (skin) if i work fast enough and no one bothers me
only interruption is me going to see starwars episode 2 at imax theater a lil later

peace

new pics soon
 agentj64
11-09-2002, 1:50 PM
I'm planning on publically releasing it without sounds
sorry guys im no good at resampling sounds, so anyone who can get me sounds for this guy rocks, post all links urls dls or anything in here!

I hope my friend will let me borrow his grunt, then we can have 2 models

as for skins, i can rearrange the blue easily to accomdate others

if i release the 'beta' since you all want, it wont have any shaders or stuff like that, it will just be to see how fast it runs if its good and any other blamper. then when its all set and done ill release the shabang
'
;)

till then i ado
 Hellfire Jedi
11-09-2002, 1:59 PM
Well i never seen that thang in halo maybe cuz i dont have xbox :P i will try and look for sounds so.. other words when u planning on releasing it?!? Great job on it i will egt to searchign right away!
 Hellfire Jedi
11-10-2002, 8:03 AM
Ok
Here is what I think Agent:

I looked a LOT for sounds and there hard as hell to get
So I think if ur gonna make him with sounds make sure the taunt isn't laughing cuz on my part that kinda spoils it
So maybe use trooper sounds so on you get my drift? Ok good luck im dieing for this model!!

Cya
 InTeRLoPeR
11-10-2002, 10:02 PM
Yo, Agent I have a few sounds that you might be able to use. Email me at marryat_c@hotmail.com
 Morthvargr
11-14-2002, 7:18 PM
I was downloading a file on a file-sharing program called, "HALO ripped by Myth Crew.exe." I was hoping I could dissect it and get sounds. It took me a month or two to get the whole file, and it turned out to be some Dragon Ball Z thing. Doh!
 agentj64
11-16-2002, 11:59 AM
Alright cool beans

someone on here before said they found sounds

I dont know who
I think it was Darth Xian or someone.

At anyrate the model is um done.. I think i'll make the bots and stuff like that but the basic model is done andp lays well except for a few unfixable twist in death animations (and very very rarely some wierd flip in mid air)

other than that its cool
lemme get some screens
 PIo Koon
11-16-2002, 12:08 PM
lol Agent...right when i look at your thread u post =OP

AgentJ im not trying to spam your thread or anything..im seriously not..but i ***NEED*** to talk to you...if u have AIM or MSN or something just reply back or PM me and tell me how i can get in contact with you..this is really important
 Hellfire Jedi
11-16-2002, 12:20 PM
Yay its been a week tho u gonna release it today? if so YIPEEEEE also sry i couldnt find sounds toooooo finish this up so i can play away plz :) ;) :D
 TheMadDoofer
11-16-2002, 9:45 PM
Oh boy!It's gonna be out! Did you fix the skin colors on the legs and the torso? They didn't match you know.
 Hellfire Jedi
11-16-2002, 10:30 PM
Yeah but it would be even better if he would keep us updated he is barly ever on now-a-days
 the_Beast
11-17-2002, 5:53 AM
will it have ctf skins ?
and will it include sounds ?
will there be a version 2.0 ?

anyway, this is my favorite model of all
 agentj64
11-18-2002, 8:40 PM
http://server49.hypermart.net/agentj64/cov.jpg)

(:D)

Moved?
wtf?

yeah its done

No sounds
i cant find any

Sorry Hellfire:| those sounds (other than that error.wav:D) werent much use

as for ctf skins? yeah if you want, itll take a bit longer to release

ill make a public beta ina bit..like 5minutes so wait up
itsj ust to test it out

hopefully if everything gets together ill have full version:d
 PIo Koon
11-18-2002, 8:50 PM
AgentJ im not trying to bug u man...but i reeeeeeeally need to talk to you....
 agentj64
11-18-2002, 8:54 PM
ok
im in MIRC
 Hellfire Jedi
11-18-2002, 9:05 PM
:D I am ALL excitted your going to release a beta like NOW?? im excited!!!! i dont care about CTF or sounds YET i want this model badddd i put up with no sounds on
mars skins for kit i dont care about it i will love it MORE with CTF and sounds but i have been waiting forEVER for it!!
 agentj64
11-18-2002, 9:22 PM
PIO KOON
:
AIM me at agentJ64

I'm getting it installed now

Everyone else: wait for something on jkii.net:d
 TheMadDoofer
11-18-2002, 9:33 PM
Send it to JK2files also. They'll put it up fast.:)
 agentj64
11-18-2002, 10:14 PM
No not yet since its not done
http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=1041)
:) thanks eets
 Eets
11-18-2002, 10:18 PM
I just posted it as an exclusive beta download. :)

Exclusive = only for JKII.net :p
 agentj64
11-18-2002, 10:20 PM
Its up on JKii.net
oh and also: It works for all JediMODs:) thanks bofh...
 Hellfire Jedi
11-19-2002, 7:31 AM
One thing i showd my friends they said mainly damn and holy sheet :P but one thing
holds the saber wrong =/ what do u mean jediMOD compatible too?
Also to see it (whats wrong) open JediMOD or JediPLUS and do the /flip emote u will see doesnt look like the hand is animated properly...

just thought u should know :)
 agentj64
11-19-2002, 4:27 PM
Well I'm old school, if it uses the tckmodel.cfg as of jedimod 1 (which basically was both BOFH's and Dest123's versions) there is a
"covelite" 1.3 0

in it. and both the Jedi mods i had included it, the new ones at least, so he's properlly hieghted;)

As for the flipping, Im trying to figure that out, one reason is possibly that he has only 3 of the 5 fingers in game (i didn't bind the middle and ring finger.. which might be why)
 Hellfire Jedi
11-19-2002, 4:31 PM
I noticed the fin on his head goes a bit taller than a regular charicter ;)
What it seems like too me might be a little animation problem on the hand ie arm maybe but i dont know more than 2 things about modeling sooooooooo u arent going to get very much from meh
 agentj64
11-19-2002, 4:33 PM
Check it out:
http://server49.hypermart.net/agentj64/cov2.jpg)

:)

What ever you think is wrong with the model just tell me,

The fin is hugely debatable. It went back and forth on the old thread for a couple of pages, and I settled on this

The errors i know of:

Fin problem
Leg bends (Femur area)
- i had to do it this way unless I find some neat solution. See on human animations somehow the leg can be facing right while it points forward, its as if you spin on your heel dont dont move the foot, liek your taking a right corner but still looking forward ... its odd. I made the armor to the pelvis the leg to the femur bone, so thats why it looks odd
Flipping animation
- becuase of 3 fingers prolly why
 Hellfire Jedi
11-19-2002, 4:37 PM
:) i love your model only one im using love it so much i dont care about the saber :p
also i was just playing on that map isnt it soooo ironic?
 agentj64
11-19-2002, 4:42 PM
I love that map it has a HALO..wait maybe i should get into mapping:d...

Some suggestions to me atre like shaders for bleeps and light marks
I'm thinking about doing it
any other ideas?
 Hellfire Jedi
11-19-2002, 4:52 PM
I say....
Add a s*1t load of shaders to make him SHINEY :)
 Enjoi9187
11-19-2002, 7:34 PM
the only reason he holds his saber wrong is because you attached it to the wrong bone. Sorry if its been said i havent checked this thread till i got the model just now :), just weight the saber to a diff. bone, and ur all set.
 Perfect Chaos
11-19-2002, 9:28 PM
Nice job. It really is about time someone decides to make some Halo models ;) But on to suggestions... I'd say you should make the gold elite the default skin, of course the one you have now for the blue team, and the (argghh don't you just love these guys!) red elites for the red team. A hunter skin would be schweet to make eventually I think.

Though a grunt skin would be interesting as well. Someone needs to convert the MP levels to JO, as well. The SP levels would be too difficult... but I think making blood gulch and/or sidewinder and battle creek to JO would be sooo great (make it support CTF and FFA). And if anyone might want to take the extra mile, you might even want to try including some vehicles... though maybe I am taking this too far ;)
 TheMadDoofer
11-19-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Enjoi9187
the only reason he holds his saber wrong is because you attached it to the wrong bone. Sorry if its been said i havent checked this thread till i got the model just now :), just weight the saber to a diff. bone, and ur all set.

Yeah, he won't backstab right. Other than that, great model!:thumbsup:
 MMFSdjw
11-19-2002, 10:32 PM
Hey chaos check this (http://www.halo-for-jo.cjb.net/) out.

I'm djwguitarman. Me and Interloper really want Agent to be apart of this but he has been very hard to contact.
We have forums now so go and check those out.
 Morthvargr
11-19-2002, 11:43 PM
I'm not very familiar with the HALO single player game. If someone could describe the guy's behavior, I'd be happy to whip up a bot or two.
 agentj64
11-20-2002, 3:44 PM
Lol just post on here MMFSdjw:P

I'll sure enough contrinbute, but I got college and other school stuff on my mind so I prolly won't be much help, but by all means please use the models to help you guys out, as long as due credit is given please
and i've also hidden my signature like 90 times all over the model's skin so hehe;)

Nice job. It really is about time someone decides to make some Halo models But on to suggestions... I'd say you should make the gold elite the default skin, of course the one you have now for the blue team, and the (argghh don't you just love these guys!) red elites for the red team. A hunter skin would be schweet to make eventually I think.

The hunter skin was the original idea, might still do it, but I'm thinking of making an infested master chief (which i've designed already heh) The red and gold? Sure

2 things though:

A) are their skins really different like drastically or is it basically red/gold hues instead of blue? (Although im not that cheap ill make them different, but i mean do they got like different markings or?)

B) Is he too detailed? I could add some shiny shaders

C) Im gonna play war3:p and then ill fix up the cov'nt grunt

oh and lastly:

D) Does anyuone have a picture of him backstabbing, I for some reason don't get it im sitll a bit confused on it..i will weight it again however and see if that helps

thanks for all your replies guys its really sexed.
 agentj64
11-20-2002, 4:00 PM
Thanks, Ill edit him but heres the ideas

He's usually a commander, he will attack ahead of a group, and when pinned down will fight with all his might
He is not sly, more aggressive, but good at hiding. Light would not be his side (althought thats arguable) He is more dark. he would favor humilation (Choke for example) although he's not up for stealing your energy, this is a cowards way, he would rather kill you and sacrafice his own life (theres a dark force for that) Team wise he might be helpful but dont expect him to be. I dont know much about bots but his intelligence is mild, he is brave strong and all of that, he will gladly use any high powered weap (with good accuracy) so blasters and espicially wookie rifles are not his type. Repeaters rockets and maybe that lightning gun. A saber is his last chance

BUT there is a elite who uses his saber only. He is invisible. So he will be the gold one for now:d..
its wierd, but true, the gold and blue and red versions all play different

hell theres prolly black, fucia, pink, who knows how many colors.

If he does fight, it is most skilled, defintely slices down and at a hard or rarely medium yellow stance. never 2 handed. And screw challenges, he'll kill you just on asking.

I hope that helps Morthvargr
 PIo Koon
11-20-2002, 4:28 PM
AgentJ...can i ask u something?...how come u put the word "LoL" on one of the skins? lol...i don't remember what skin it was, but if you look on one of the skins in a "bright blue" area...ull see the letters LoL...kinda funny heh

anyway...oo MMFSdjw...looks like my Battlefield1942 has competition..=OP..heh..but looking good

if u want to check out my teams mod head over to Halo.Bungie.Org (http://halo.bungie.org/oldnews.html?item=5640) and look at some of the stuff we have and storyline...

anyway AgentJ..get on aim lol...i hate to keep bugging u i really do..and if this is getting annoying im sorry...but i think ud rather hear this before i go doing what im doing
 MMFSdjw
11-20-2002, 5:02 PM
Well that's great to hear agent. so can I put some pics of your model on the site? I DownLoaded the the beta and it's just great.

And i know how classes can be, I'm in my second year at college and next semester is going to be a serious BY (Ball Yanker).

I'm also trying to make this for Elite Force aswell, do you mind if I use your model, once it's done of course.
 Perfect Chaos
11-20-2002, 7:35 PM
MMFSdjw - kewl, I'll keep a watch at that site. I mostly want simply the levels, but new looking weapons and such would be cool too. That sniper looks sweet... can I have it or are you not ready to release a beta of it; because if you are, I want it ;)
 MMFSdjw
11-20-2002, 9:48 PM
I think the Boarding Action map might be ready for a beta but for the weapons, I don't have 3dsmax so I can't make the glm.

However, If you have Elite Force, your in luck, because it only requires md3s.
 agentj64
11-21-2002, 6:20 PM
Uhm PIo don't do that man, just ask
A) im on AIM every so often, and always iun channel, or anything email me to use it or post it here..and B) come on man give me some credit alright?

anyway Ill help out so often, but i cant join any mods;|
 PIo Koon
11-22-2002, 5:57 PM
AgentJ read the pm i sent you!...i am giving you credit assuming ur going to let me..but u confussed me..u said don't do that and then u said if i use it...lol...and im on aim and ive never seen u on...looks like i might have to redownload Mirc and get back in

also in the picture it does have ur name on it...but talk to me in pm or something..my aim name is ZeroX393...i really wanna make sure its ok with you
 agentj64
11-24-2002, 7:31 PM
I don't see you on AIM..
anyway I havent repsonded ina whil becuase IM working on the COvenant Grunt, I'll get back to you on helping out with the mod too, cya all;)
Page: 4 of 5